Thread: Debrusk or Wahlstrom?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Debrusk or Wahlstrom?

Debrusk had a pretty damn good rookie year and looks to be a solid top 6 winger already. Wahlstrom is being touted as one of if not "the best" goal scorer of the 2018 draft class. Based on all the hype, one would assume that Wahlstrom has the higher ceiling here and will go on to become the better point producer long term.

Is Debrusk the more logical pick up because he is already in the league and has put up points or is Wahlstrom worth the wait? I get the whole bird in the hand argument but I can't help but think the new kid may be worth the gamble...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Debrusk or Wahlstrom?

Right now, I prefer DeBrusk. Wahlstrom will have a lot of competition to work over before we get to see him scoring at a high level in the NHL. DeBrusk is already doing it. If/when Wahlstrom gets to the NHL, I dont see DeBrusk being worth less at that point.

A bird in the hand....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Right now, I prefer DeBrusk. Wahlstrom will have a lot of competition to work over before we get to see him scoring at a high level in the NHL. DeBrusk is already doing it. If/when Wahlstrom gets to the NHL, I dont see DeBrusk being worth less at that point.

A bird in the hand....
    Axe nailed it right here. I personally am more excited about Wahlstrom... but there is a wait involved and one never can say for sure about a prospect yet to crack the show.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Proven oven prospect as mentioned here. I really loved Debrusk's effort watching him in the playoffs and think that he is legit. Stick with him!

Dobber Sports Padawan

i'm going with DeBrusk right now

Dobber Sports Ninja

DeBrusk for this guy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by phil96 View Post
    Debrusk had a pretty damn good rookie year and looks to be a solid top 6 winger already. Wahlstrom is being touted as one of if not "the best" goal scorer of the 2018 draft class. Based on all the hype, one would assume that Wahlstrom has the higher ceiling here and will go on to become the better point producer long term.

Is Debrusk the more logical pick up because he is already in the league and has put up points or is Wahlstrom worth the wait? I get the whole bird in the hand argument but I can't help but think the new kid may be worth the gamble...
    What does your team look like? What are players are available? Are you contending or rebuilding?
    DeBrusk has one season under his belt - super high shooting percentage in the playoffs @ ~32% vs his season average of 11%. Wahlstrom is only 2-3 years younger but has the higher pedigree.
    At first glance here, if I had a choice, it would be Wahlstrom. Safe bet - DeBrusk.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Administrator

Both have plenty of untapped potential so DeBrusk wins by default.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

DeBrusk is the safe pick. I consider him a 30/30/60-ish player right now. Wahlstrom has a higher ceiling but he won't even start to emerge for another 2-3 years. Once he arrives, expect Boeser material.
    Long-term, I'd want Wahlstrom, but if you are looking for the next 2 years out ... DeBrusk is the dude.