Page 40 of 132 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Some one needs to take a page out of there own book...

what I read is ‘hopeful it is a game changer’. I never read...it is the game changer.

are we not all hoping for a game changer? Is it not okay to hope for a game changer?
    It’s not ok to define one based on current available results, no. Mentioning the two statements together absolutely supplies a connective path that people will make.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It’s not ok to define one based on current available results, no. Mentioning the two statements together absolutely supplies a connective path that people will make.
    so you are not hoping for a gamee changer?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Trump said yesterday "This is going to be a very painful, a very, very painful two weeks."

Do ya think? Man, the numbers from the US are staggering.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Trump said yesterday "This is going to be a very painful, a very, very painful two weeks."

Do ya think? Man, the numbers from the US are staggering.
    I think too many Americans are Charlie Major fans and their favourite song is It Can’t Happen to Me. It’s unfathomable how the US numbers have surpassed China already. It’s scary!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think too many Americans are Charlie Major fans and their favourite song is It Can’t Happen to Me. It’s unfathomable how the US numbers have surpassed China already. It’s scary!
    It's definitely scary. Many Americans are just realizing how scary. I also believe China's numbers are under reported, but have nothing to back up this assumption.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It's definitely scary. Many Americans are just realizing how scary. I also believe China's numbers are under reported, but have nothing to back up this assumption.
    The problem is, they are all finally seeing how serious this is, and it's already too late.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

The problem is, they are all finally seeing how serious this is, and it's already too late.
    The incubation period from all the Spring Break parties & prior to that St. Patricks Day celebrations are over... we're now seeing the fall out.

The real Spring Break hangover is just beginning.

Trumps words yesterday were probably the most correct he has ever been. A month earlier could have saved thousands of lives however
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The old adage of 'Better Late then Never' probably does not apply in this situation eh.

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Rick Mercer's first rant since he went off the air. Social Distancing. Classic Mercer

https://www.cbc.ca/comedy/rick-s-ran...tion-1.5516598

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's 2 ways you can look at Trumps change in stance - they're both right.

1. he's finally listening to the experts
    2. he's finally capitulated to Democratic pressure

I don't know how you argue one without the other since the Democrats & the Experts have been in agreement for the past six weeks on steps that need to be taken.

The US will surpass 200 000 cases today. ** Keep in mind - That is still less per capita than Italy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    There's 2 ways you can look at Trumps change in stance - they're both right.

1. he's finally listening to the experts
    2. he's finally capitulated to Democratic pressure

I don't know how you argue one without the other since the Democrats & the Experts have been in agreement for the past six weeks on steps that need to be taken.

The US will surpass 200 000 cases today. ** Keep in mind - That is still less per capita than Italy
    ahhh.... I thought we were going to get a whole page without the mention of Trump or politics!

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

ahhh.... I thought we were going to get a whole page without the mention of Trump or politics!
    with 24 000 new cases and 900+ dead yesterday... I don't know how we could.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The death and anti-science is what Americans voted for. They reap what they sow.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    with 24 000 new cases and 900+ dead yesterday... I don't know how we could.
    You know the real culprit is COVID 19 right? haha

​​

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The death and anti-science is what Americans voted for. They reap what they sow.
    Is that what they really voted for? C'mon man...

And do you forget who the other option that they could have voted for... it still would have been death and ________ (fill in the blank - there is lots of options.

Republican, Democrat, Green or Purple... there would have been death. You can wish/think or whatever you want that Clinton would have done a better job. But there is as much possibility that she would have done a worse job.

And if you think about it... there is also a possibility that Scheer could have.... or could not have done a better job than Trudeau... but we will never know.

​​