Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weber LBI

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Weber LBI

Already not playing this week. Sounds like he could be out longer...

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-shea...soon-1.1441001
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Weber LBI

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealKyper...51625914859520
    Not good at all..... season could be over and career in question....
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What terrible news.

My trade of Weber and Killorn for Hedman processed the morning of 2/5. Looking back on it in light of this news, I feel relieved and guilty at the same time. The guy I traded with must think I knew something about him being injured when I offered the trade but I had no idea.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

MEDICAL UPDATE: Shea Weber expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks with an ankle sprain.

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/sta...405372416?s=20

10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Could Weber only miss 4-6 weeks? Definitely. Has Montreal been less than truthful about a star players injury history before? Also yes. At some point in his career, specifically 2023, we're probably going to learn how much disdain Weber has towards the Nashville Predators.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018...etirement.html

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/shea-weber

The article is a year old, but the information is correct. In the 2022-23 season, Weber will be 37. His salary Drops from $6 million to $3 million, and he will have 4 years remaining on his contract. Retiring would cost Montreal $215K/year for four years, but it would cost Nashville $6.14M/year for four years. The next season, Weber will be 38 and his salary drops to $1 million. Retiring would cost Montreal $0/year for three years, but it would cost Nashville $8.19M/year for three years. For someone who will have made well over $100 million in his career by that point, would the remaining $6 million over four years be worth it to not retire? Would the remaining $3 million over three years be worth it not to retire? When you consider the job Montreal could offer him to offset those earnings, would it be even less worth it for him? IMO, from both Weber and Montreal's perspective it would be arguably worth it to retire in the offseason of 2022, and absolutely worth it to retire in 2023, unless he still carries affinity for Nashville.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Could Weber only miss 4-6 weeks? Definitely. Has Montreal been less than truthful about a star players injury history before? Also yes. At some point in his career, specifically 2023, we're probably going to learn how much disdain Weber has towards the Nashville Predators.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018...etirement.html

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/shea-weber

The article is a year old, but the information is correct. In the 2022-23 season, Weber will be 37. His salary Drops from $6 million to $3 million, and he will have 4 years remaining on his contract. Retiring would cost Montreal $215K/year for four years, but it would cost Nashville $6.14M/year for four years. The next season, Weber will be 38 and his salary drops to $1 million. Retiring would cost Montreal $0/year for three years, but it would cost Nashville $8.19M/year for three years. For someone who will have made well over $100 million in his career by that point, would the remaining $6 million over four years be worth it to not retire? Would the remaining $3 million over three years be worth it not to retire? When you consider the job Montreal could offer him to offset those earnings, would it be even less worth it for him? IMO, from both Weber and Montreal's perspective it would be arguably worth it to retire in the offseason of 2022, and absolutely worth it to retire in 2023, unless he still carries affinity for Nashville.
    Summed it up pretty well there. It's going to be an interesting case to watch, that's for sure. The other thing that could throw a wrinkle into all of it is the possibility of the league toning down the impact of the punishment, as some of the rumblings have mentioned. Don't have a source off the top of my head, but I have seen a couple of times people mentioning that the league may not want a team having a punishment of 8-25M (The cap penalty if Weber retires in 2025 would be something like $25M), so they might look to lessen the impact.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Summed it up pretty well there. It's going to be an interesting case to watch, that's for sure. The other thing that could throw a wrinkle into all of it is the possibility of the league toning down the impact of the punishment, as some of the rumblings have mentioned. Don't have a source off the top of my head, but I have seen a couple of times people mentioning that the league may not want a team having a punishment of 8-25M (The cap penalty if Weber retires in 2025 would be something like $25M), so they might look to lessen the impact.
    Instead of retiring, he could just get a phantom injury and go on LTIR...

Administrator

Soon to be renamed Weber Island?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Right, which is why this whole topic is coming up, because it sounds as though he has an injury that may have some longer term effects. The other difference between Weber and some other players that went on LTIR for a few years is that Weber has a lot more career earnings, and may not want to sit on the LTIR for the last few years just for another $3-6M, which is the same decision Luongo made, for that reason among others. So we're just discussing that possibility, because it is more than just a little likely.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    He could, but that would be equal parts his decision and Montreal’s. The difference between his case and many others (which I thought I outlined) is if he retires in 2023, he only gives up $3 million (a lot of money, but a small amount compared to career earnings), and it has a positive effect on Montreal’s cap and cash output. Which could convince Montreal to give him a FO job, but which would start his post playing career, while saving Montreal cap and cash. Other than “desire to play”, it which Weber may want to and if so good for him, it saves Montreal cap, cash, punishes Nashville, and saves Weber hassle and costs limited salary (assuming an associated FO job).

TL;DR, he could fake an injury, it just doesn’t benefit MTL, barely benefits Weber, and massively punishes Nashville. Like I said, it depends on his attitude toward Nashville. MTL would likely push him to retire and reimburse that salary in FO capacities.

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting. Are there any more of these time bomb contracts left?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Interesting. Are there any more of these time bomb contracts left?
    Weber is really the only one of significance left that may have any impact on anything.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't understand how one report states 'possibly career ending' and instead diagnosed with a 'sprain'?

Something's up.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    I don't understand how one report states 'possibly career ending' and instead diagnosed with a 'sprain'?

Something's up.
    Kypreos probably had someone on the inside say "We don't know how bad it is because the swelling hasn't gone down, but if it's to this level, then it would be tough to rehab and be the same player again after a required surgery", and then from there we get more assumptions and paraphrasing.

On an unrelated note, does anyone miss playing the game broken telephone?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Purple monkey dishwasher