Thread: Trying to make cap space

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trying to make cap space

Hey guys, I'm in a 14 team cap league with h2h most points.

We dress 6 dmen daily. My dmen include Dillon, cholowski, Hagg, h Lindholm, m lehtonen and Mike matheson.

Thoughts on dropping Brendon Dillon for B McNabb and a younger lower cost dman ... like Kylington, orlov, Ferraro, Holl or A. A Peeke.

It by picking up McNabb and one of those others would save me half a million at least OR two of the others would save me close to two mill and I need all the cap I can get. My defence is in rough shape.

Categories include G,a, Plus minus, blocks, hits, gwg, toish, pppts and pk pts

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trying to make cap space

In a 14 team cap league how are those the best defencemen available?

Ideally you find more cost effective replacements for all but Lehtonen and Cholowski.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Matt Roy is a name that comes to mind that could be available in a league your size. $700k salary, puts up great peripheral stats, and somehow finished +16 on LA last season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well I took over the team.

I know they are not good. And I'm trying to improve them Hench the reason for the post.

Dobber Sports Titan

Gotcha. Sorry, wasn't meant to be offensive, just trying to get a sense of what's going on. Are the rosters so large that there aren't many D available, are there options in the FA market that are cheaper that you haven't noticed/listed?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Knowing why these are the best guys available is useful to help figure out what options you may have moving forward.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I listed these guys because they are low cap hits and appear to cover some of the same categories the Brendan Dillon might.

Hampus Lindholm is the next to go but I want to give him a bit of a chance unless someone can say why he should go.

I picked up Hagg cause he was a los cost pickup.

Guys like Subban and keith are available but I can't afford their cap hit.

The top 20 dmen available based on their points earned in our league are

J Brodin, D Keith, pk Subban, c tanev, R gudas, A Stralmab, j Holl, M psysk, B Pesce, Stecher, hunt, e Johnson, Leddy, McNabb, Braun, Holden, Gubranson, J Johnson, A green and B Hutton.

Alot of them, I can't afford their salary hit. I picked some of the others including Kylington, Ferraro and Peeke because they appear to be young up and comers who maybe I can scoop before they get popular.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I also have some minor league guys who are close but will still take a while.

j Rathbone, J Ahcan, a Kniyaev and C Mackey would be the closest.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Best thing I can advise is to list your whole roster to see where the cap fat is to trim.

I'm in a multi-cat cap dynasty rostering 900 players, and Hampus Lindholm is borderline droppable for me, as we have a comfy cap to fit him. For you, I think he is straight droppable.

If Matt Roy is available, you grab him immediately.

I'd ignore the list of best point producers, and instead look at best point producers under say $2M, maybe up to $3M. There's your target list.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd ignore the list of best point producers, and instead look at best point producers under say $2M, maybe up to $3M. There's your target list.
    Agreed. You're not going to find anyone worth rostering there. The cheaper guys that can fill in are your best bet there and then trying to get stronger at other positions.

The Great One

Some names that jump out at me...
    Bowey (should be a good contract when he signs)
    Pionk
    Grzelcyk
    Ekholm
    Stecher
    Kempny
    Chiarot
    Gudas
    Hronek
    Gavrikov
    Gustafsson

Don’t know if any of these are available but they should be in your range.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch