Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2023 NFL Offseason

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2023 NFL Offseason

As it currently stands, Jets will send a 2023 2nd rounder and a 2024 2nd rounder that may turn into a 1st based on performance. Holdup is Jets want a pick back from GB in case AR doesn't play in 2024.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Welcome to Baltimore, OBJ! Now if only the Ravens can figure out who will throw him the ball, they'll be in business.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

NFL draft is tonight.
    Commanders didn't pick up the 5th yr option of 2nd overall pick Chase Young, and are rumoured to be taking trade calls on him and Sweat as both are UFA's in 2024. Bears Twitter is suggesting a 9th overall for Young+16th overall. If I'm the Bears I love that deal if Young has a healthy enough knee.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Welcome to Baltimore, OBJ! Now if only the Ravens can figure out who will throw him the ball, they'll be in business.
    Done deal. Highest paid QB in the League.

Lamar Jackson signed a 5 year, - contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including an average annual salary of -. In 2023, Jackson will earn a base salary of $32,416,000, while carrying a cap hit of $32,416,000.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I hate that I've landed here, but I want out of the Lamar Jackson business as a Ravens fan. I hope he gets his and remains an exciting player, but in a division with Joe Burrow and a conference with Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence and now Rodgers on the way, the Ravens really can't afford to pay full freight for a guy who isn't even top 5 in the Conference, let alone the league. It doesn't help that QB contract growth is now charging far past what rookie salaries are so the difference between rostering a rookie or a full freight starter $45-50 million is like 4-5 good starters at other positions.

If I trusted Lamar more from a health standpoint or in his ability to get mano e mano against the absolute best and make it more of a coinflip then I'd be begging the team to back up the Brinks truck. Instead, I'm wishing he'd take less so they can build around him better, or that someone else pays him to end the saga and move on to a cheap option even if it's inferior.

I'm certain this is a spoiled opinion and that replacing Lamar will prove impossibly difficult. But I've rooted for this team since they were winning the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. I can live without having The Guy, especially if the guy isn't really The Guy.

But I also know that this saga almost certainly won't end. At least not until he's played through two years worth of franchise tags with endless hold-ins and contract speculation and consternation. Oh well, maybe he'll be healthy next December and the team can go on a run.
    I take it all back!

Welcome back, Lamar!

I never thought we'd see this extension get signed. I figured we were headed towards interminable hold outs, missed games, and begrudging signings of franchise tags. I'm so glad this saga is over and Lamar will be a Raven for the foreseeable future. He still has work to do, but the post above was just sad jaded fan trying to break up with the player before he could break up with the team.

The team now needs to nail every single move they make because Lamar still isn't Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Rodgers or Herbert, but he's on that next tier. And he's signed!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

I didn't really follow the draft as I was watching the Leafs but quick thoughts.

Houston - Man what a display to turn the franchise around. #2, and #3 pick. Nice bold move. However, they could have went Anderson at #2 and taken a QB at #12. Or just drafted a QB next yr.
    Detroit - Weird they'd trade down for not a whole lot, and pick an RB that wasn't Robinson. Weird they picked an RB in general. Then using their next 1st on an offball TE? Ok
    Atlanta - Omg, they keep drafting guys that aren't QBs but skilled positions lol. Pitts, London, and now Robinson.
    Minny - Picking a WR. You're either preparing to not pay Jefferson, or you think you have something special which I don't think this yrs WR was much. Surprised they didn't go defense

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Someone convince me that Bryce Young is going to be better than every other QB his size!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

I like the TE Buffalo picked up. Nice weapon for Allen.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lions lol. Never take a RB in round 1.

LOVE Kincaid for the Bills. He may have TE after his name but he's a big slot WR w/soft hands. Arguably best pass catcher in the class
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I didn't really follow the draft as I was watching the Leafs but quick thoughts.

Houston - Man what a display to turn the franchise around. #2, and #3 pick. Nice bold move. However, they could have went Anderson at #2 and taken a QB at #12. Or just drafted a QB next yr.
    Detroit - Weird they'd trade down for not a whole lot, and pick an RB that wasn't Robinson. Weird they picked an RB in general. Then using their next 1st on an offball TE? Ok
    Atlanta - Omg, they keep drafting guys that aren't QBs but skilled positions lol. Pitts, London, and now Robinson.
    Minny - Picking a WR. You're either preparing to not pay Jefferson, or you think you have something special which I don't think this yrs WR was much. Surprised they didn't go defense
    DET had Gibbs ranked over Bijan. Not saying that's correct. Just saying. I didn't like their process but I like they players they got...just out of order.
    Addison at Minny was cool. He and Zay Flowers are my top 2 WRs for dynasty.
    ATL didn't reach for QB which was smart. They'll run the hell out of Bijan. Just hope Ridder can do enough to keep Pitts and London viable

Bryce Young first overall was bad, bad, bad.
    The only QB worthy of a top-10 pick was Stroud imo. Too much risk in Young and Richardson, especially as high as they went.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm a sucker for high ceiling QBs who have height. If you set up your offense, any low ceiling, high floor QB can thrive (SanFran/philly) but if you insert a high ceiling guy, you turn from a playoff contender to super bowl contender in 1 move.

Indy won't be a Super Bowl contender in 2023/24, but he'll def bring them to that conversation if he develops. Which I rather have than having a QB develop and bring me to "Playoff contender".

Dobber Sports Immortal

Jets vs Dolphins on Black Friday. Are the Jets going to shoved down our throats like Denver and Russ were?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Jets vs Dolphins on Black Friday. Are the Jets going to shoved down our throats like Denver and Russ were?
    100%. They're getting:
    Black Friday
    A Thursday Night Game
    Sunday Night Game
    Monday Night game

So that's already 4 of the 17games they play. They'll schedule a ton of premium times for NYJ and then flex them out if they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That worked out well. I give Rodgers 'till week-5 when the honeymoon ends and the pouty face press conference begin
    @SmittysRant