Page 344 of 370 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

That non-call on Hyman was so ridiculous lol. McDavid is so filthy lol. So pleased the Edmonton fans on here are mostly sane even if I love to bash them lol. I regularly see people on Twitter say that the biggest problem with the oilers this year is
    97 isn’t on a 150 point pace and that’s just insane to me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Exactly! Thanks for adding to my point.

But I am still unsure how it results in the pay bump that you mentioned.

Does this also apply to Swedish and Russian players too? Cause there currencies are not as strong as the US Dollar either?

I am honestly confused by your statement.
    IT doesn't apply to players based on nationality nearly as much as home (team) location. If you spend most of your time in NYC you will spend more on things than in most other US cities, and it's not always size based. While income tax is a major driver of contract value across different locations, and is relatively easily understood, other factors can be pretty important.

And no, the same product does not cost the same amount in different US cities. Citing the Burgernomics idea, I can go to two McDonald's within a 10 minute drive from my house and prices are slightly different. We expect this with noticeable things like gas prices and rent, but it's often more widespread than that.
    Toronto would be similar for Canadian cities.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    PH...here's some reading for you

https://www.economist.com/big-mac-index
    Look how far down Russia is lol buy time
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That non-call on Hyman was so ridiculous lol. McDavid is so filthy lol. So pleased the Edmonton fans on here are mostly sane even if I love to bash them lol. I regularly see people on Twitter say that the biggest problem with the oilers this year is
    97 isn’t on a 150 point pace and that’s just insane to me.
    Generally speaking, when you're bashing the Oilers (as I know you love to do), I'm fine with it because I do see some of the same things. Sad to say but a lot of Oilers fans aren't happy when they do well. It's like they want them to fail so they can complain more. Very frustrating fan base to be a part of.

I've said this many times, I have no issues calling them out when mistakes are made but I also have no problem defending them when I disagree with a hater too.

Love talking Oilers, even if it's talking to a brick wall who doesn't care if I'm making sense or not.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Love talking Oilers, even if it's talking to a brick wall who doesn't care if I'm making sense or not.
    So talking to rataylor22 is perfect!!! (*sarcasm font, I just had to say something because them and I have been agreeing way too often on multiple topics over the past few months and it was starting to feel strange)

Dobber Sports Deity

So talking to rataylor22 is perfect!!! (*sarcasm font, I just had to say something because them and I have been agreeing way too often on multiple topics over the past few months and it was starting to feel strange)
    All due respect, but you bring as much Oilers hate around here as he does LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

It's from a lifetime of love that is fed up with the boneheads running the operation. There is no other business in the world where an owner can make this many mistakes while letting people so bad at their job continue in their employment and still make the amount of profit that he is making.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's from a lifetime of love that is fed up with the boneheads running the operation. There is no other business in the world where an owner can make this many mistakes while letting people so bad at their job continue in their employment and still make the amount of profit that he is making.
    I cannot argue with this statement either. To be fair, it happens in a lot of organizations, not just Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Deity

A buddy of mine said to me this morning, can you believe Koskinen has more wins than Hellebuyck. I had to go look but he's not wrong. Very similar numbers actually although Koskinen has played in 16 less games.

He's also now caught Cujo for wins as an Oiler in less GP.

https://twitter.com/Bob_Stauffer/sta...ak_is3PdQ&s=19

Mikko Koskinen is now 21-9-3 after stopping 31 of 32 SOG tonight.
    He is 9-1-2 in his last 12 starts with a .927 SVP.
    He's quietly becoming Woodcrofts guy.

Dobber Sports Pro

A buddy of mine said to me this morning, can you believe Koskinen has more wins than Hellebuyck. I had to go look but he's not wrong. Very similar numbers actually although Koskinen has played in 16 less games.

He's also now caught Cujo for wins as an Oiler in less GP.

https://twitter.com/Bob_Stauffer/sta...ak_is3PdQ&s=19

He's quietly becoming Woodcrofts guy.
    I heard about that Cujo stat Saturday night, and it took me by surprise. I think we all know what Koskinen is at this point. He will give you average to above average goaltending when played in a platoon situation with another competent goalie to shoulder some of the pressure. Problem is, this season, is that Smith hasn't been healthy to shoulder some of that work load, and the Oilers, for whatever reason won't give Skinner a decent look and more starts. Koskinen can help get the team into the playoffs but he won't do well with the pressure of trying to win a playoff series.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I heard about that Cujo stat Saturday night, and it took me by surprise. I think we all know what Koskinen is at this point. He will give you average to above average goaltending when played in a platoon situation with another competent goalie to shoulder some of the pressure. Problem is, this season, is that Smith hasn't been healthy to shoulder some of that work load, and the Oilers, for whatever reason won't give Skinner a decent look and more starts. Koskinen can help get the team into the playoffs but he won't do well with the pressure of trying to win a playoff series.
    Agreed. The problem is, there's not much out there available on the trade market that I have much confidence in either.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed. The problem is, there's not much out there available on the trade market that I have much confidence in either.
    Lots of complaining from Oiler fans about the fact that Holland has not added a goaltender. MAF is either too expensive or said no and Varlamov is rumored to have said no.
    I'm racking my brains trying to determine who the Oilers could reasonably add at the deadline that would be an upgrade. My best answers so far:

- Reimer. Not currently healthy, has been steady forever but another gamble.
    - Georgiv. Has bad numbers this year and NYR probably want to keep him as insurance in the playoffs.
    - Husso. Seems unlikely St. Louis trades him. would be expensive.
    - Hart. Seems like an offseason acquisition or move, not sure Philly ready to give up on him yet.
    - Halak. Solid steady #2 forever. Could be the best option if he is available.

Everyone knows that the Oilers need an upgrade at goalie but figuring out who that upgrade is and how to get it is does not have an easy answer.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Lots of complaining from Oiler fans about the fact that Holland has not added a goaltender. MAF is either too expensive or said no and Varlamov is rumored to have said no.
    I'm racking my brains trying to determine who the Oilers could reasonably add at the deadline that would be an upgrade. My best answers so far:

- Reimer. Not currently healthy, has been steady forever but another gamble.
    - Georgiv. Has bad numbers this year and NYR probably want to keep him as insurance in the playoffs.
    - Husso. Seems unlikely St. Louis trades him. would be expensive.
    - Hart. Seems like an offseason acquisition or move, not sure Philly ready to give up on him yet.
    - Halak. Solid steady #2 forever. Could be the best option if he is available.

Everyone knows that the Oilers need an upgrade at goalie but figuring out who that upgrade is and how to get it is does not have an easy answer.
    I'd even consider adding Binnington to that list over Husso. I think the Blues would trade Binner before Husso. I don't think I'd like that idea much but it has to be a consideration. Binnington's numbers this year have been god awful. Even in limited action, 3rd stringer Lindgren's numbers have been better. With Binnington signed for five more years after this season at $6M per, I can't see the Blues wanting to hold Binnington. Unfortunately, this is the type of fish Holland likes to go angling for. "Veteran" with Stanley Cup attached to his name. God help us if that's the goalie Edmonton goes out and gets.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Things are looking pretty good for a playoff spot, so now we see if this team can continue its momentum in the post-season.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think 6m is too much $$$ for the Oilers on one goalie (at this point)... they do get another 525k freed up that was buried cap.
    Binnington also has a full NTC - not sure if EDM is on it.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24