Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I fully support this thread. Let all the psychos yell at each other in here so they don't infect all of the other threads!
    Agreed. Can't even believe I opened this thread, and now I see a reference to saying the "CDC is a brainwashing collection of clowns"... yikes.

I prefer to think the world is generally full of educated, intelligent, critical thinkers that realize there are independent experts, panels, bodies, and agencies that know more about a specific topic than them.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Right wing psychos are triggered? Then this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Again, it is up to the majority here because no one listens to the minority opinion when it comes to covid.

I wonder why that is.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    You also posted in this thread, and no one else who did thinks they are psycho.

I'd much rather hear what you think, or nothing at all. No need for your comment, general name calling on anyone who posts here? You are better than that.

Discussion is important for understanding, not sure when that fact went by the wayside? Or we can sit isolated in our little bubbles and let the government have their way with us. Again, it is up to the majority here because no one listens to the minority opinion when it comes to covid.
    Oh this is where you are realllllly wrong. I am way past being better than that. I have made attempts to use reason and logic with ****ing lunatics for way too long through this pandemic. No more. You guys can all sit in this thread and suck Joe Rogan's dick together while the rest of us live in reality everywhere else. Have fun!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Oh this is where you are realllllly wrong. I am way past being better than that. I have made attempts to use reason and logic with ****ing lunatics for way too long through this pandemic. No more. You guys can all sit in this thread and suck Joe Rogan's dick together while the rest of us live in reality everywhere else. Have fun!
    Comical.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You didn't hear? Joe Rogan, former UFC commentator, is just woke and exposing the entire international scientific and political community of the SHAM that is the CHINAVIRUS.

Can't believe someone would even trust hundreds of thousands of independent scientists and health agencies across 200+ countries, all of which have different political ideologies, and all of which have the same consensus opinion. THIS IS BIGGER THAN THE FAKE MOON LANDING. THIS IS A PLOT BY CHINA TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, AND CHINA IS ONLY TAKING COVID THE MOST SERIOUSLY JUST TO MAKE IT LOOK EVEN MORE SO LIKE THIS IS REAL.

CAN'T YOU SEE IT?! CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

I just drank my own urine so my antibodies are good now too. I don't need the advice of f*king health professionals or scientists. The can all suck it. What have they ever even done for me anyway?!

If I ever was so gullible that I could believe something like "The Plandemic", and woke up from that, I would have to go into the forest and live out the rest of my life disconnected from everything in shame.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Exactly! !0% is huge. People are so naïve. I have taken production management. The cascading effects and bottlenecks this will create will be devastating. Just prepare for empty shelves and long wait times on goods.

Oh well I guess if the king of Canada says it's the right thing to do we should listen?
    So your production management course makes you an expert? Meanwhile the people making those decisions didn't have access to experts? Or chose to ignore them? Ridiculous line of thinking.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    So your production management course makes you an expert? Meanwhile the people making those decisions didn't have access to experts? Or chose to ignore them? Ridiculous line of thinking.
    No it doesn't but I am just stating the fact that people think a 10% is small number and it really isn't. This will have a major affect on our supply chain. The real proof will be in the pudding when supermarkets have empty shelves in the near future. If you read both the right and left media articles, industry experts are stating the same. At that point I won't be blaming the unvaccinated, I will be blaming the government for continued restrictions that do not make sense.

Let's just use the truckers as a micro example. Lets say we continue to exempt them from vaccinations because the cost of losing that labor force is to high of a price. We instead continue to provide incentives to get vaccinated, which might not be as affective as losing your job but still will have less of an impact on our economy. What is wrong with that? Where is the data that these long haul drivers who are mostly isolated when driving to and from their destinations are spreading covid?

I know the argument could be we can't make exemptions for just one group of individuals because it isn't fair for the rest of the people who travel across the border for work or otherwise. I say the heck with that. This is a complex issue that requires complex solutions. My biggest problem is most people seem to think there is only one. And when that one is failing to get us back to normal society, which is, we just double down on it, instead of finding alternatives.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Right wing psychos are triggered? Then this is great.
    Read the left wing comments on here about sucking d$ck. I would say it's them who are triggered. I think most but not all on this forum making the opposite point of view, just want some logic to be applied. Also not every country has applied the same formula as Canada. Heck look at our neighbors to the south as one example.

Dobber Sports Genius

https://globalnews.ca/news/8156408/d...covid-economy/

Canada will not post a surplus until 2070 continuing down the same spending path were on. Forecasts to be at 1.6 trillion in debt.

If we were able to dive that deep for the pandemic, how come we can't take a fraction of that money to solve hunger and preventable deaths in developing countries. If every life is equal and all. Or is 85 year old Grandma in Canada worth 1000's in developing countries?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/w...I7G86USJFbZLb0

These are crazy right wing conspiracy theories though from right wing news outlets like Global and the New York times.

Dobber Sports Star

I won't take a political stance here... but inflation is baked in for the next 5+ years, simply based on three things:

1. chronic underinvestment in the supply side of hard assets over the last 10 years: fertilizer production capacity --> food cost, battery metal production (copper, nickel, tin, zinc) --> electrification cost, commodity metal production --> construction cost, fossil fuel production (which still is more than 50% of the global energy mix, and will persist under even the most optimistic green energy production scenarios) --> energy cost. All of these things take 5-10 years to bring meaningful production online and have been chronically starved over the last decade.

2. loose money and distribution of wealth to capital owners (ie "the 1%")... the pendulum always swings between labor and capital. It's swung pretty far towards capital, so it's going to swing back towards labor, as it always does. All these labor shortages and supply disruptions are really just a function of the cost. Having trouble finding workers? The unsaid thing there is "... at the wage that's being offered". We're going to see a longer term secular uptrend in labor cost.

3. inflation is what the world's debtholders (govt, corps, individuals) need, otherwise we're going to have massive disruptive disorderly defaults. The only way to make $30 T in US debt (as an example) manageable, is to make that not a lot of money. Persistently negative real interest rates (ie the rate of inflation outpaces interest rates... eg 7% inflation, 3% interest = -4% real rate) are going to be with us for quite a while here. This is what policymakers are targeting, because the alternative is extremely undesirable politically.

The pandemic is just a symptom, and perhaps accelerated a lot of these trends... but these were baked in as an economic reality long before the pandemic.

(IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Read the left wing comments on here about sucking d$ck. I would say it's them who are triggered. I think most but not all on this forum making the opposite point of view, just want some logic to be applied. Also not every country has applied the same formula as Canada. Heck look at our neighbors to the south as one example.
    https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...rd-2022-01-11/

Yea they're doing great.

Dobber Sports Genius

Interview on CFRA Ottawa from a few days ago. I too think this is a poor idea. It's simply not the right time to implement during our coldest months of the year. We are more dependent on food items grown in the South at this time of year than any other. Just my two cents. Not to mention medicines and oxygen tanks required by hospitals.

More grocery shortages could be coming beyond storm delays, trucking association says because of the trucker vaccine mandates. Sylvain Charlebois - senior director of the agri-food analytics lab and a professor in food distribution and policy at Dalhousie University.

https://omny.fm/shows/580-cfra/the-m...interview-more
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Cases don't mean anything. Do we report cases of cold's? It's always been about severe outcome and hospital capacity. Were two years in the pandemic and have spent billions, yet have barely increased our hospitals capacity.

It's a fail from our leaders. That's what my first post was all about. That's why I targeted the party that is currently in charge. I don't buy into the real crazy theories out there. Covid is real. It's also a real issue but it's been and continues to be handled really poorly.