Thread: Fiala for Denisenko +

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Fiala for Denisenko +

Hi all, Hamilton team in my description.

Which side would you prefer in a rebuild

Fiala + Niku(or Hirvonen) or

1st 2022 (Likely around 10th-13th overall), Denisenko.

I've got Fiala but I need to find room in my team to bring Jesper Bratt back into the team as well as work on the rebuild.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Fiala for Denisenko +

Dumping Fiala for spare parts in order to make room for Jesper Bratt does not make sense to me. There isn't any other option but to trade Fiala for cents on the dollar? Can you cut Donato to make room for Bratt?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Dumping Fiala for spare parts in order to make room for Jesper Bratt does not make sense to me. There isn't any other option but to trade Fiala for cents on the dollar? Can you cut Donato to make room for Bratt?

I could cut any of these guys Steel, Pully, Lindblom, Gurianov, Kase, Donato, Vilardi, Hayton.

I guess my main reasoning was to see whether 1st + Denisenko is a good enough deal. I've been trying to get 1st + Perfetti but he wants Dubois (which is a no).
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Sage

Walk away. This isnt the deal you want.

Dobber Sports Star

If you feel you're rebuilding, then dealing a young, improving 70 point forward can't be part of the plan. Denisenko's a decent prospect, but he probably won't be better than what Fiala appears to be doing now. And a 2022 pick in the double digits is a guy who likely won't be useful to you until 4-6 years from now.

The Dubois and this offer feel like someone wanting to pluck high-end young players who have proven themselves to a large extent in exchange for lesser future assets. Players like Fiala and Dubois should be super-expensive. Denisenko plus Perfetti plus the pick is closer to Fiala's value, and even then, I don't know if I'd do that if I'm the Fiala owner.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    I could cut any of these guys Steel, Pully, Lindblom, Gurianov, Kase, Donato, Vilardi, Hayton.

I guess my main reasoning was to see whether 1st + Denisenko is a good enough deal. I've been trying to get 1st + Perfetti but he wants Dubois (which is a no).
    Cut Donato. In your league size and system, Donato is on the edge of FA material. I doubt he ever scores 50 points in a season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks buddies! sometimes you just need talking off a ledge haha.