Page 285 of 414 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 295 335 385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

His agent posted and then took it down but it looks like Yegor Korshkov will be called up today.

Big Daddy

Interesting. Korshkov has the size but does he play the physical game?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Interesting. Korshkov has the size but does he play the physical game?
    do you think he stays up for awhile ? I'm looking to pad my minors bench for extra playoff depth . I'm thinking he should probably be owned in my leagues (20 man farm x 12 teams for 240 minors)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The notion that they should consider selling assets is ridiculous. They're all-in with this group. You don't lock in JT, AM, MM & WN and then suddenly decide you're going to rebuild. That's laughable...

We'll make the playoffs. Just a question of whether we can get our shit together to credibly challenge Bruins/TB over a 7 game series. Doesn't look like it at this moment.
    Am I still the only one who thinks trading Barrie for futures is the way to go here? Recoup some of our future assets that we dealt away already. Look at what some of these depth D-men fetched in the trades this afternoon. We held onto JVR, Bozak and Gardiner and got nothing in return. Why make the same mistake?

Dobber Sports Titan

Am I still the only one who thinks trading Barrie for futures is the way to go here? Recoup some of our future assets that we dealt away already. Look at what some of these depth D-men fetched in the trades this afternoon. We held onto JVR, Bozak and Gardiner and got nothing in return. Why make the same mistake?
    Because a 2nd round pick does nothing within our entire window. It just empties a roster spot that we end up filling with Marincin for the year, we're less likely to make the playoffs, and have less of a chance in the playoffs.
    I'm firmly in the camp of add a piece or two. Don't move Sandin or Robertson, but at least explore some buying options. Everyone's favourite moniker is "You just have to make the playoffs, it doesn't matter what ranking". So why not put ourselves in a slightly better position this year and at least try to get some experience winning a round.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

That's a defeatist attitude.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Won't happen because once upon a time John Tavares wore Maple Leafs pyjamas

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trading Barrie for a second and third rounder is a terrible idea...

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Because a 2nd round pick does nothing within our entire window. It just empties a roster spot that we end up filling with Marincin for the year, we're less likely to make the playoffs, and have less of a chance in the playoffs.
    I'm firmly in the camp of add a piece or two. Don't move Sandin or Robertson, but at least explore some buying options. Everyone's favourite moniker is "You just have to make the playoffs, it doesn't matter what ranking". So why not put ourselves in a slightly better position this year and at least try to get some experience winning a round.
    Barrie isn’t coming back and the Leafs aren’t going to win anything this year so take the 2nd or whatever they get for him and you have that as an asset for the offseason/next season as a trade chip. A 2nd can be very useful for a team with an open window. This year isn’t happening.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Trading Barrie for a second and third rounder is a terrible idea...
    And what is the right idea? I see all these fantasy trades floating around twitter but people are dreaming.

Dobber Sports Ninja

And what is the right idea? I see all these fantasy trades floating around twitter but people are dreaming.
    We're all-in and fighting for our playoff lives while you're willing to give up on our already depleted defense to salvage a second round pick?

Why would you throw in the towel now? What's a second rounder gonna do for us within the next 2-3 years?

Big Daddy

How do you fix this then? They are a disaster. By the time Rielly, Johnsson and Mikheyev come back playoffs could be long gone.

Trust me, I love this team to death and would love to see them bring in a solid D-man and go on a nice run. But let’s be honest, what is the actual likelihood this happens? Probably pretty slim don’t you think?

Dobber Sports Titan

Barrie isn’t coming back and the Leafs aren’t going to win anything this year so take the 2nd or whatever they get for him and you have that as an asset for the offseason/next season as a trade chip. A 2nd can be very useful for a team with an open window. This year isn’t happening.
    That's the thing, we don't know that, and they could. They also might be in a better position this year than next year or the year after, who knows? So when the window is open, push your eggs in while you can.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you haven't seen some of Keefe's quotes post-game take a look at them. He has lost this team. His players have broken him.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Titan

Barrie gets moved IF there's another move. Barrie gets moved for something and that stuff goes to like Minny for Dumba/Brodin. Only real way I see him not a Leaf.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll