Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Garbage. Making up for the refs' blown call.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I agree that I don't think it was intentional but it was clearly a careless / dangerous play and I think he will get 1 game. Since I don't think any of Entrom, Myers or Kulikov are ready that would mean mister AHL defenceman of the year Sami Niku would be in for game 5.....
    It's a game of inches and happens in a split second. If he is one inch lower and gets his shoulder pad, there is no discussion. I don't think it was a vicious play. Careless maybe, but last I checked, carelessness resulted in an in-game penalty, not this kind of suspension. The NHL sometimes.... like, come on.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Garbage. Making up for the refs' blown call.
    I would think he still gets a game if he was given a penalty. If he had been given a 5min, it could have been 2 games. Maybe Wpg is lucky
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I actually saw a pic on twitter where Staal actually wasn't standing straight up..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would think he still gets a game if he was given a penalty. If he had been given a 5min, it could have been 2 games. Maybe Wpg is lucky
    Call me the conspiracy theorist, but with Suter and Parise out, MIN needed an edge to make the series closer... Take out Morrissey for one game and you have your chance. I also think it appeases the Minnesota franchise...

Given his disciplinary history, I think a suspension was heavy. While perhaps avoidable and certainly a penalty, it was not a pre-meditated, clear attempt to injure, or to target the head with an intent to injure.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Call me the conspiracy theorist, but with Suter and Parise out, MIN needed an edge to make the series closer... Take out Morrissey for one game and you have your chance. I also think it appeases the Minnesota franchise...

Given his disciplinary history, I think a suspension was heavy. While perhaps avoidable and certainly a penalty, it was not a pre-meditated, clear attempt to injure, or to target the head with an intent to injure.
    I agree... I thought it was going to be a fine, a slap on the wrist.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Legend

I love a good conspiracy theory but I don't see it here. There's no doubt in my mind that Morrissey didn't intentionally deliver a brutal crosscheck to E.Staal's neck, but the hit was optically horrific. Accident or not, this was scary, and stung Staal to the point where he was initially frozen in his skates.

IMO, the NHL was in a no-win situation. Personally, I don't think anyone (including Staal) thinks the hit was premeditated or a deliberate act, but if you let it slide, it sets a horrible precedent. Players need to be accountable for their actions, even if it's a slip during the heat of battle. One thing's for sure - if Morrissey had a history, he might have been looking at 4 games. He only received one, because he's a good dude with no track record.

Players need to be very careful with these type of crosschecks. Morrissey may be small by NHL standards, but he's a pro athlete that is strong in general. Although accidental, a reckless hit like that could break someone's neck or do serious damage.

Dobber Sports Genius

Steve Mason got injured again! He left morning practice. Unbelievable.

Hope Niku is up for the challenge tonight. I don't think his defensive game is at all NHL ready, but boy can he skate and move the puck. Hopefully the good outweighs the bad tonight.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hope Niku is up for the challenge tonight. I don't think his defensive game is at all NHL ready, but boy can he skate and move the puck. Hopefully the good outweighs the bad tonight.
    Apparently Myers is a full participant at practice today. Maybe he'll suit up tonight!!

Steve Mason got injured again! He left morning practice. Unbelievable.

Is Niku confirmed in the lineup tonight. Would it be possible that Enstrom or Kulikov could draw back in? Have either of them been skating/practicing?

I have also heard that Myers is a 'game-time' decision.

It is so hard to predict with how tight-lipped teams are.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

My guess is that Myers plays tonight. Might as well go all in to try to finish at home, then hopefully rest up and recover for next series.

Dobber Sports Legend

Apparently Myers is a full participant at practice today. Maybe he'll suit up tonight!!
    Myers has been a beast this round. I think it could be the best hockey he's played in a while.

Dobber Sports Genius

Enstrom skated on his own today. Myers declared himself good to go. Can't imagine Maurice would hold him back in a series-clinching game.

Dobber Sports Master

As good as Niku was in his first game, I want Myers on the ice. I suppose they keep Poolman in to replace Morrissey? Morrissey has also been a beast this round. What a player. Plays the game awful big and awful hard for a smaller guy. Very impressive.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin