Thread: MAB vs Bogosian

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default MAB vs Bogosian

who do you guys like for the rest of this year? over the next 3 years?

i think Bogosian over the long term, but not 100% sure, only because of his situation behind Enstrom and Buffy. Bergeron has been pretty consistent at around .55 PPG with lots of PPtime, and Bogo fairly unproven from what i can see, and i havent had many opportunities to watch bogosian play and am not even sure of the style of his game.
    anyways, thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Stud

Well, like anything it depends on your league format and what you're trying to do. Clearly this season's a major disappointment for Bogosian but, not to compare the two too closely, Jack Johnson's just starting to emerge and he's three years older. I wouldn't expect it to take that long. Different personalities and coaches. But then you get MAB and he's maddeningly in and out of the lineup (played just 2 of the last 5 games), 2-2-4 -3 in his last 10 played, and no real keeper prospects.

If it's me, keeper league, I take Bogosian in a heartbeat. Don't forget that he's only 20 years old. Half point per game or not, MAB isn't likely to get more stable, and I'll take reduced production from a #3 overall pick with high upside any day. Bogosian was the only OHL defenseman to lead his team in scoring in '08 (61 in 60... the Petes weren't exactly lighting it up), and has pretty good upside in my book. I don't know if I agree with Dobber's 60ish, but 50ish with good PIMS is realistic.

Might be worth checking out Chris Vivlamore's AJC article a couple of days ago: http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-th...an-865600.html. Sounds like a couple of days in the press box did the kid some good. Just keep in mind while you're reading it that he still plays for the Thrashers (read: 0-3-3 -3 in his last 10).

Dobber Sports Master

Bogosian's gotta be worth the gamble here. He made the bigs as an 18 year old and has all the talent and physical maturity to go far. I hear Ramsay is doing good things with the D there so whether it serves him later in ATL or he takes that knowledge somewhere else, I'm sure he'll be a good one down the road...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Gotta agree that Bogo is a better pick than MAB. MAB is such a liability defensively that he may not even find himself a team...

Plus Bogo has basically requested a trade, and being removed from the ATL logjam can hardly hurt.

Dobber Sports Legend

I think Bogosian is the wise choice here. We're basically comparing a one-dimensional PP performing Dman (who runs hot and cold on a different team each year) to a well-rounded 1st round pick who has potential to be a multi-cat star if he puts it all together.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka