Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacioretty leaves game on a stretcher

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I honestly thought Pacioretty might be dead. He seemed out (unresponsive was a good choice of words) after quite some time. This has to have serious implications for Pacioretty, no way he comes back this year.

I was commenting to my gf that it looked like he was dead. I since heard Pat is conscience and was sent to Mtl General Hospital.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He can move his members.
    He can talk.
    Per RDS announcers.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pacioretty out

Did not see the other thread on my ipad... Damn these new technologies....
    Last edited by MrSandman; July 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM. Reason: Im dumb.

Banned

dude, theres a whole thread on this right at the top of the list -lol

Dobber Sports Expert

he was clearly conscious and communicating on the ice while he was on the stretcher.

Banned

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That hit was just dirty! I'm not saying Chara intended to "kill" him but he sure wanted to hurt him! For those who didn't see it, Chara pushed Pacioretty into the board, at the end of the players bench, where the protective glass begins (I'm sure there's a word for it but I don't know how it's called). Pacioretty's head hitted that part (where the glass begins) very, very hard!!

Remember back in January when Pacioretty scored the OT winner and pushed Chara away right after !? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRSLZ8LRRs (look at around 2:00)

After that, in early Febuary during a small brawl, Chara went right at Max Pax 'cause he was still frustrated about the January thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2XhQI3K37c (look at around 2:40)

And now this hit, that's just wrong! I'm sure you'll see it many times in the news and on the internet... Look at it closely, Chara gives Pacioretty a little extra push at the end just to make sure he hits the board hard!
    15 Teams Keeper League
    25 Players Roster (12F, 6D, 2G, 5B )
    Keep 9 (5F, 2D, 1G + 1 skater) + 2 Rookies (F&D=100 GP, G=70GP)
    F&D = Points Only, G = Win 2, SO 1

F: Crosby*, Tavares*, Ovechkin*, Atkinson*, R.Strome*, Dvorak(R), Domi, Hishier, Hornqvist, Kapanen, Vesey, Caggiula.
    D: Hedman*, Ju.Schultz*, Savard, Trouba, Morrow, Walman
    G: Talbot*, Saros.
    B: Kovalchuk, Yakupov, Steel.
    * = Keepers from last year.
    (R)= Rookies from last year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    yeah but the Bruins need Chara for their playoff run Comish, the league clearly can't suspend him for almost killing someone
    I don't disagree with you here mcgoo, for sure the fact that it's Chara will directly impact any possible suspension. I just wanted to see some more replays before commenting on any supplemental discipline. There may not be any warranted. Like I said earlier, it sure looked like Chara drove Pacioretty's head into the post and that in itself might warrant some punishment from the league, especially if Pacioretty is out for a very long time (or in a coma).

The league is VERY worried about it's image here (uh, I'm sure the Players Association is worried about the injured players health here, ummm, can anyone say conflict of interest?).

Downie got 20 games for nearly killing easily-concussable (pretty sure that's not a word) Dean McAmmond. Oh yeah, NHL rookie with bad rep = big suspension...NHL vet, Norris Trophy winner with only a one game suspension (according to TSN) on his record = ????
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tGr View Post
    Thanks for the video.

That was ugly... Don't think (or would like to think that he didn't) that Chara intended to run him into that glass...but still brutal.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Banned

I don't think he deserved what he got. Chara isn't a dirty player either. No suspension is forthcoming, IMO.

Dobber Sports Initiate

That's a dirty late hit. He intended to put him in there. Man the NHL has to do something about this... people gotta smarten up. They need to come down hard and strict on this and all future infractions... Someone will die on the ice soon if this keeps going on.

Banned

ugggh, that was ****ing disgusting, what a stupid a$$hole Chara is for throwing that hit, there was absolutely no need to make that hit other than to seriously hurt him. Do the Habs have any pugilists in their system? I would be seeking one to call up for March 24th's rematch and make sure Chara tastes the pain

Banned

Seriously he just pushed him hard and it's unfortunate the stantion was there. Tough break that he got hurt but not too dirty of a hit in my eyes. Deserved a penalty but not 5 and a game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't think he deserved what he got. Chara isn't a dirty player either. No suspension is forthcoming, IMO.
    bull$hit, especially coming from Matt Cooke's biggest supporter and defender, get bent Ev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    He can move his members.
    He can talk.
    Per RDS announcers.
    Thanks for this LeTrefle. I hope Pacioretty is okay and comes back quickly this season. I didn't see what repenttokyo saw, but I didn't see the entire aftermath.

Did Chara just pull a little "Bertuzzi" magic out of the hat? Is it a coincidence that in a 4-0 game, he happens to run a Montreal player late into the turnbuckle and oh it is a guy who he has a little history with? I don't think it's a coincidence at all. Are hockey players responsible for their actions? I guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out. It sure looked dirty to me.