Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

The Magnificent One

Will be announced officially later today but Alex urbom has been called up. Greene was missing from practice without much explanation. Just that he has been hurting.

Urbom has some high expectations so it will be good to see him in a few games.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports All-Star

Man, Devils down 3-2 right now and have 2 Shorties...maybe they should take more penalties and they'll have a chance. On another note, Brodeur is finished and should retire immediately.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Icon

As mentioned in the Ramblings, Larsson has been taken off the PP - against Montreal, he wasn't on the 1st or 2nd pp units, they had Fayne as the only Dman on the 1st unit and then Taormina on the 2nd unit.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Magnificent One

Yeah didn't catch the last game but not so shocked with this. Taormina had a lot of success last yr on the pp before he got hurt. But larrson is our golden boy so don't expect it to last. He will be back soon and now that parise and kovy are connecting more look for the points to come for larsson.

A shame that the parise, kovy, zajac point run was cut off last game. But they are still at the ppg level in the past 7.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

Is Payne worth a look? Logging big minutes on the PP.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Is Payne worth a look? Logging big minutes on the PP.
    Wow saw this and was like whose Payne?? And then I'm like all the devils this year are pains so what's he asking lol. Okay bad humor. But you mean mark fayne. Not really sure about him. Not a huge fan of him. He how's signs of life at times pick mover awareness but he is also young in the league and makes mistakes. I don't see huge amount of offense points from him. The devils seem to be trying a few options until larsson starts clicking. I still believe they should be using Greene on the power play. He has shown he can do it. And he usually gets pp time but now that he has had an injury filled season the devils are trying others out. Fayne I don't see much in the fantasy aspect. But in super deep leagues you never know

Dobber Sports Ninja

If I'm not mistaken, Fayne really doesn't touch the puck much on the PP. From what I gathered the only reason why Fayne is on there in the first place is because the NJD PP1 unit of four forwards + Larsson can't be trusted with regards to short-handed opportunities which is why Deboer HAD to put a second defenseman there.

Really sucks because their PP could be deadly with 4FWDs + Larsson.

PS: Picked up Hedberg for tomorrow night. Could really use a beginning of the week shutout
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Magnificent One

A little late but a few notes from the last 2 games.

Parise, henrique, kovy line is simply on fire right now. Parise has 5 points in 2 games. Kovy has 3 and henrique has 4 (or 3 sorry can't remember if he added a point las night)

Goalies have step up. In TB they let the lead close like they have been doing all season but still got the win. In fla they came from behind and won 3-2 in the shootout which they have gone 7-1 this season. Hard not to when you have kovy, Elias, parise as your top 3.

Brodeur had a great game last night. Many have said he's done washed up but he was brodeur of old. The problem with the devils is the defense and the pp which we all know. The devils have let up 7 shp this season. If not more. It's not easy for brodeur facing those most goalies have trouble. The defense and offense at times seem to disappear causing the devils to let in goals, where in the past didn't happen. Call it a washed up brodeur, poor defense, or new style of coaching. There is no more sit back and protect the lead. IRS always push always fight. Keep attacking.

This is good for the devils and us fantasy players as we can expect more points from kovy and parise but hurts brodeurs stats.

Ok rant over about that lol. But last night showed a strong team fighting and showin passion. The devils are now 4 wins in last 5. They are building momentum.

Foster- gotta say something. Over 20mins 4sog but no points. The key is he looked good. Good puck movement and a big body. What they were looking for when they brought him. Let's see if it pans out.

The Magnificent One

Inforgot to add that clarkson is awesome!!!

So happy they resigned him.

Dobber Sports Superstar

newper, what do you expect to happen with the lines with Zajac's return? Do you think they split Parise and Kovie at that point?

RETIRED

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    newper, what do you expect to happen with the lines with Zajac's return? Do you think they split Parise and Kovie at that point?

Sorry I didnt respond sooner. if you search zajac and me on the boards I gave a big review about 2 weeks ago with my thoughts. Didn't expect him back so soon and with the devils playing so good right now they will be easing him on the 3rd line with clarkson with who is also pretty hot latley.

The devils won again 5-3 last night and 6-3 Friday night. They are scoring like there's no Tom.

For all those who held out with parise and kovy are probably super happy.
    In 4 games this week:
    Parise: 3G, 5a, +6, 4pim, 2shp, 18sog - those are my leagues stats so that's what I can provide off the bat
    Kovy: 2g,5a,+3, 2pim, 2ppp, 13sog
    Elias: 4g,2a,+2 11 sog

Just some nice stats. Don't have Henriques available but his are impressive I'm sure.
    Nice seeing this from the top 3 guys!

Dobber Sports Star

Patrik Elias, Henrik Tallinder missing from Devils’ practice today: Center Patrik Elias and defenseman Henrik Ta... bit.ly/v966KC

Dobber Sports Star

Today's Devils' lines: Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk; Sykora-Sestito-Zubrus; Tedenby-Zajac-Clarskon; Boulton-Carter-Janssen.

zajac a bust so far?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why on earth would he be considered a bust?

It's definitely gonna take some time for him to get the feel back, it's been like what two games? Zajac will be fine don't worry. Plus I actually like that line combo with Tedenby and Clarkson. Clarkson has been a horse this season, hopefully he can get Tedenby going and Zajac reacclimated
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Star

Elias has the flu.

As far as Zajac I didn't say he was a bust I just posed a question.
    I hope he gets promoted to the 1st line to get him going.