Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ok so Josefson out with a destroyed clavicle any insight on the call up- Henrique?? Lol Im in a very deep league here- any insight greatly appreciated!!!!
    I already looked into picking him up in one of my leagues. From what I read he is a two-way type of guy, with little more then 3rd line potential. If he reaches his absolute peak potential he might make it as a second liner. So I would think your league would have to be very deep to pick him up now..

On three different sites I read about him being compared to Brooks Laich FWIW
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; October 24, 2011 at 3:46 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Magnificent One

Hey all sorry for the lack of posting been a bit hectic this week. I wanted to come in and give my thoughts on Last game. Devils vs LA. I watched most of it and it was a good one. Well atleast for the devils. Quick comes off 3 straight SOs and they choose to play bernier. Then the devils go to shut out the kings. From my eyes the devils were flying and the kings were sluggish. The devils controlled the kings zone the middle and there own zone 95% o the game. Final score 3-0 but the devils hit the cross bar 2 times and had one goal disallowed. Crazy stuff.

Lines for that night:
    Kovy-parise-palmeri
    Elias-zuburs-sykora
    Tedenby-henrique-clarkson
    4th line mills/janssen/someone drawing a blank

Best line during the game: clarksons line.
    I know Eliass line had all the scoring but the youngsters in clarksons line were just all over the place. Clarkson hit the post and had a goal disallowed. This guy from all the basin he takes still give 150% each shift. Henrique looked great I believe he had the other post shot. Tedenby made some nice places but not as visual as the others

2nd best line: kovy-parise. Again no scoring but wow they looked amazing. Owned the kings defense. The passing between them were spot on. So fun to watch. Parise actually played center in the minors. Only became LW when he hit the NHL. He looked very natural out there. If this line sticks look out goalies!

Just an all around great game for a devils fan. Yes would have liked to see kovy parise score but it will happen. Herberg was very good also. I wonder I we will see kinkaid this week. I really hope they give him a start.

Injuries: zajac, josefson, brodeur... Never a good thing bu the team is fighting and looking good
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sage

Brodeur is back and says he's ready to play. If you own him in Yahoo, you need to activate him today if you want him in the lineup tomorrow.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Brodeur has looked just awful tonight =/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Adam Larsson with his first NHL point last night - an assist on the PP.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dear newper. Please tell the Devils to stop sucking. I need my second round pick (Parise) to start tearing it up like I was hoping for!

That is all
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Dear newper. Please tell the Devils to stop sucking. I need my second round pick (Parise) to start tearing it up like I was hoping for!

That is all
    Yeah I wish it was that easy but you have to realize Toronto as we all love to hate them can score boatloads of goals. just need to beable tO score also to beat them. The devils are playin with there lines too much due to the key injuries to there top 2 centers. Kovy had some nice sog last night which is a good sign.

Unconfirmed right now but maybe brodeur gets the start tonight? I think this will be a great move by nj after his awesome block last night. He shut the door afterward and maybe has a groove back. Will be smart to play him and in my oppion look for a nj win tonight.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Yeah I wish it was that easy but you have to realize Toronto as we all love to hate them can score boatloads of goals. just need to beable tO score also to beat them. The devils are playin with there lines too much due to the key injuries to there top 2 centers. Kovy had some nice sog last night which is a good sign.

Unconfirmed right now but maybe brodeur gets the start tonight? I think this will be a great move by nj after his awesome block last night. He shut the door afterward and maybe has a groove back. Will be smart to play him and in my oppion look for a nj win tonight.
    Wasn't the plan for them to start one a piece?

The Magnificent One

Didn't hear anything about them playing one a piece but b2b usually they do split and like that they did. Early reports were mentioning brodeur my bad guys.

Now what to say about last nights game. Some good some bad and some mixed feelings.
    They are still double shifting kovy a ton. Playing him in all situations. They have started to double shift parise the last 2 games and last night they started double shifting Elias. This is great but it will tire these guys out. And ofcourse kovy gets hurt at the end if the game jus when he is breaking out. He had 2 assists and what should have been 3 goals. He had some amazing chances but he has that albatross of no goals in 6 games over his head. They will come so don't worry. Will update later about the injury when I find out more.

Back to the game:
    1st period was all flyers. Just a bit ugly from a devil perspective. Jagr and giroux shied up in the first.

2nd: devils come out of nowhere and dominate. Scored 2 goals. And had so many amazing chances. Flyers disappeared somewhat

3rd: pretty even period. Nothing spectacular. Few good shifts and the tying goal ofcourse.

Kovy, Elias, clarkson, henrique, Carter were the most notable devils out there. Carter dominated in FW was huge and helped the devils keep the pressure on.

The defense was pretty good all around. Wasn't so impressed with larsson last night but he made some great plays that reminded me of a veteran not a rookie.

Until next game! Atleast we got the win. Go devils

Banned

haven't seen a game in awhile, is Parise still centering Kovy? How is that experiment working? Wasn't Zach originally a C and they moved him to wing because they liked his speed and they had bigger options at C. Also I read Kovy was a little banged up in the last game and is D2D so I dunno what will happen tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    haven't seen a game in awhile, is Parise still centering Kovy? How is that experiment working? Wasn't Zach originally a C and they moved him to wing because they liked his speed and they had bigger options at C. Also I read Kovy was a little banged up in the last game and is D2D so I dunno what will happen tomorrow
    Henrique has been playing center with parise at lw and kovy at rw.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Henrique has been playing center with parise at lw and kovy at rw.
    ok cool, thanks

how long ans how well is that experiment working out? Isn't Henrique more of a 3rd line grind/energy/pk type of guy?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    ok cool, thanks

how long ans how well is that experiment working out? Isn't Henrique more of a 3rd line grind/energy/pk type of guy?
    Henrique actually seems to have some really good skills. I think he was pegged as a 2nd liner with upside and he has been showing it. He has something like 5 points in 3 games so I would say things are looking pretty good for him now and last game he had 2 goals and that was without kovy.

Updates: fire and ice reporting:
    Kovy- most Likley out Tuesday night. Wasn't at practice and the coach said unless he has a miraculous recovery tonight he won't be playing.

Greene- out with injury last 2 games Should he back next game but will see how he feels Tom.

Brodeur to start in goal

The Magnificent One

Well hoe to review this game. NJ vs Buffalo. Final score 5-3.
    Very mixed reviews on this one.

Breakdown:
    Parise scores, kovy scores, henrique adds 2 assists, Elias scores and clarkson with a beauty breakaway goal. Good to see all lines rolling. Brodeur strong game besides the 3 goals in(not his fault on the 3rd)

I will add that myers is a beast. Big and damn he is good with the puck.

I only saw the first and 3rd. So my review is on those periods. Kovy looked good maybe a bit slow at times but he has missed a few games so that's expected. Didn't see him being double shifted but still had a high toi. Good sign that he is doing good.

The devils were only ok in the first. Call it a hang over from playing last night and losing. The 3rd they cane out strong. Up to this point it all sounds good but here is my issue. Buffalo scores 2 in the 3rd. The first of those by myers okay I can live with. But the second goal (3rd of the game for buffalo) I thought debeors coached a terrible 3rd period. Ofcourse I am biased bc I am used to the old shut down devils when they get the lead but he almost pushed too much. Seemed like he had something to prove and didn't want to go into a defense play. He also let his team get rattled by buffalo which led him to puttin out his energy tough line and instead of changing on the fly like buffalo did he led his guys out there which led to the 3rd goal. It almos seemed like he wanted his guys to get physical and start a fight or 2. Something to me just didn't seem right. With under 10 mins left and a 5-2 lead he should have locked it down.

Overall a good game to watch but a bit upsetting also. But good to see the devils put up 5 goals in one game and hope they can build off that for next game and the next.

The Magnificent One

Devils vs Florida going to be one heck of a game. Will do my best to watch this game so if you have anything you want me to look out for please let me know!

what to say. As a devil fan and an owner of brodeur in 2 leagues I am ofcourse looking for the devils to shutout the panthers but then again that top line of Florida is somethig I'm looking to see also. Sucks having the best line in hockey shut down lol.

Deboer will be facing his old team the team that fired him so ofcourse he is pumped to kick some butt. He hasn't been shy about his comments either. This is added fuel for the devils to rally behind there Coach and go all out. Should be interesting.

Lines:
    Parise-henrique-kovy
    Sykora-Elias-zubrus
    Tedenby-Carter-clarkson
    Pelly-mills-janssen

Scratch-palmieri.
    To note Tedenby is comin of a one game scratch and mills off a 5 games scratch. Just using fresh guys who will want to go out and prions they belong. Could add some additional spark.