Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: New Jersey Devils

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it'll be real interesting to see how these lines actually line up. Both Gusev & Hughes are elite pass first players.
    I think Palmeiri will swap with Simmonds or Simmonds will drop to the 3rd line and coleman will move to RW or Bratt...
    either way, I think we'll see Gusev & Hughes (both adjusting to the NHL) on separate 5x5 lines
    Interesting thoughts. Im sure whatever the lines look like to start the season they will look a lot different throughout the season and at the end. Just too much versatile players that could play 2nd 3th or 4th lines and guys that can play 2 or even 3 positions. Hynes has a great problem to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I still like these combinations:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
    Hughes-Zajac-Gusev
    Bratt-Zacha-Simmonds
    Coleman-Hayden-Wood

Bottom-six with some talent and grit mixed in, guys that can skate and play on every line. Zacha and Simmonds could be Ann interesting tandem. I don’t know if I like Coleman/Wood on the fourth line, but they’re suddenly kinda deep.
    can you drop Coleman's 22g and 200+ sog to the 4th line? I might watch how this line up shakes out more than my own Leafs.
    I noticed before that youre projecting Hughes as a wing at least to start the season? You are the only one I could
    thought of that is projecting him as a wing. Somewhere I couldve heard that one before but I dont remember from where..
    Did he played as a wing before and is that based more of his poor FO skills or Zajac solid numbers there?
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Veteran

can you drop Coleman's 22g and 200+ sog to the 4th line? I might watch how this line up shakes out more than my own Leafs.
    3th line..4th line... as a centre..as a wing, don't worry Coleman is going to get you solid numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Where did you get that lines image?? I think so many different combos being thrown out there we al cannot wait!! We will see a ton of different combos. But I really feel we will see nico, Hughes, Zacha, Zajac as the 4 centers. Thought Zacha would move to LW possibly but adding Gusev I believe secures him at center
    Its from NHL Tonight show. Heres the Gusev video
    Devils & Predators fan

The Magnificent One

Just read an article on a devils blog site about projecting the power play units this season. This has been talked about but wanted to list what they had. I personally think butcher and Subban will be flipped as well as Hughes and Gusev throught the season until they find the best match but anyway here is what they have.

PP1: hall-Hischier-Gusev-butcher-Palmeiro
    PP2: Hughes-Zajac-Simmonds-bratt-Subban

Also this Zajac should be taken off and let him focus on PK but he is our best face off guy and still an amazing setup man
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just read an article on a devils blog site about projecting the power play units this season. This has been talked about but wanted to list what they had. I personally think butcher and Subban will be flipped as well as Hughes and Gusev throught the season until they find the best match but anyway here is what they have.

PP1: hall-Hischier-Gusev-butcher-Palmeiro
    PP2: Hughes-Zajac-Simmonds-bratt-Subban

Also this Zajac should be taken off and let him focus on PK but he is our best face off guy and still an amazing setup man
    Thats interesting

bold - thats exactly what I think about the Devils PP units this season. Zajac and Wood could also be optins but maybe the will be better for the PK.
    Devils & Predators fan

The Magnificent One

So not sure why I cannot log in and post on the ramblings section. But wanted to comment on the devils lines Incase people aren’t watching the games. In the ramblings it was mentioned these are top 2 lines from today’s practice:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
    Gusev-Hughes-Bratt

However during preseason we have seen these combos more:

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
    Gusev-Hischier-Bratt

While I believe the season to start more like the first ones but wanted to throw it out there that it has been what they are experimenting with. Also to note apparently Hughes is sitting next to hall in the dressing room (not sure what that means but it made a post on insta last night lol)
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for posting that newper!

In other Devils' news

Taylor Hall and the Devils are reportedly inching toward an extension

Neal McHale@nealmchale
    TSN's Insider Trading Re: Taylor Hall/Devils extension talksreger says agent met w/ Shero this weekend. "It sounds like they're making some traction here...he (Hall) loved the way he was treated by the Devils organization. Very professional from start to finish....
    and Pavel Zacha, despite signing a contract 2 weeks ago, does still not have a work visa to join training camp!

Mike Morreale@mikemorrealeNHL

John Hynes on Pavel Zacha immigration status: "Hopefully we should have something in the next day or two but it's still nothing final yet."

Dobber Sports Jedi

So not sure why I cannot log in and post on the ramblings section. But wanted to comment on the devils lines Incase people aren’t watching the games. In the ramblings it was mentioned these are top 2 lines from today’s practice:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
    Gusev-Hughes-Bratt

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
    Gusev-Hischier-Bratt

While I believe the season to start more like the first ones but wanted to throw it out there that it has been what they are experimenting with. Also to note apparently Hughes is sitting next to hall in the dressing room (not sure what that means but it made a post on insta last night lol)
    I think Ramblings requires a different log in? Could be mistaken, but I don't ever see forum usernames in there
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Magnificent One

I think Ramblings requires a different log in? Could be mistaken, but I don't ever see forum usernames in there
    Yeah I’m thinking also. I used to be able to but that was probably a few years ago now

Dobber Sports Giant

Biggest takeaways from watching a little bit of Devils preseason so far: (1) Gusev is a stud, this guy is absolutely the real deal. He's going to put up a lot of points with this group. (2) Jesper Bratt is going to spend a lot of time in the top-six. I think a lot of people have kinda forgotten about him, especially due to all the other high-profile additions the Devils have made, but he's going to be a good player. (3) Schneider looks pretty good, and building off his strong finish to last season. He could be a very strong #2 goalie on a much improved team, and with his contract he should be in line to see 55+ starts. (4) Despite the acquisition of Subban and a deeper blue line, maybe it's not time to write off Will Butcher yet?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

Dennis - yes talks are reportedly in the $11m range from the random posts I saw but not sure how reliable.

Also some reports are saying Zacha could start in the ahl for conditioning if the visa doesn’t come in in the next day or two. But also unclear on the league rules around that.

Mound- great post and agree. Bratt is very overlooked. I personally would love to see him with hall again as they had amazing chemistry. But either way whoever he plays with he has a great shot so would be a nice finisher on any line.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
    Gusev-Hughes-Bratt

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
    Gusev-Hischier-Bratt

Well if history serves to tell... it likely means Hall will soon be traded for a Mediocre BIG MAN D at some point this year. It's what happens when Hall takes former 1st overall picks under his wing (McDavid). lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Biggest takeaways from watching a little bit of Devils preseason so far: (1) Gusev is a stud, this guy is absolutely the real deal. He's going to put up a lot of points with this group. (2) Jesper Bratt is going to spend a lot of time in the top-six. I think a lot of people have kinda forgotten about him, especially due to all the other high-profile additions the Devils have made, but he's going to be a good player. (3) Schneider looks pretty good, and building off his strong finish to last season. He could be a very strong #2 goalie on a much improved team, and with his contract he should be in line to see 55+ starts. (4) Despite the acquisition of Subban and a deeper blue line, maybe it's not time to write off Will Butcher yet?
    Dennis - yes talks are reportedly in the $11m range from the random posts I saw but not sure how reliable.

Also some reports are saying Zacha could start in the ahl for conditioning if the visa doesn’t come in in the next day or two. But also unclear on the league rules around that.

Mound- great post and agree. Bratt is very overlooked. I personally would love to see him with hall again as they had amazing chemistry. But either way whoever he plays with he has a great shot so would be a nice finisher on any line.
    bold - especially because he got injured and didnt play for the last month or so. At this point the only position Im 100% sure is that Hall is the first line LW other than that the other 11 positions and combinations are up in the air.
    I can see Hughes centering the first line, centering the second line or being the right wing on the first line next to Hischier and Hall. If I have to guess the top six:

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
    Gusev-Hughes-Palmieri
    Devils & Predators fan

The Magnificent One

Well 0-2 on the season. Not the start we were looking for. Didn’t see game one but letting go of a 4-0 couldn’t be good.

Second game was just as bad. They looked sloppy and all over the place.

Lines:
    Hall-Hischier-palms
    Coleman-zajac-Simmonds
    Wood-Hughes-bratt
    Boqvist-Zacha-Gusev

PP1: hall-palms-zajac-Simmonds-Subban
    PP2: Hughes-Gusev-bratt-Hischier-butcher

I expect the bottom two lines and the power play to be changed up more and more. Subban looked sloppy horrible turnover for the 7th goal but at that point whatever.

Hall and his line looked good but that’s probably bc they are that good and have history together.
    To me Zacha looked good. Good positioning and strong on the puck.
    The rest umm not so noticeable. Hughes has some nice pick control but no wow moment tonight

Let’s hope things turn around.

One thing to mention about buffalo. Olofsson looked amazing. Playing with eichel will help as those two just danced around the ice tonight. Their defense also looks good and fast

Dobber Sports Deity

Blackwood off to a terrible start.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Beauty game!