Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'll make you a deal Bomm

Miller sits tomorrow, but enroth will let in 4 early goals. Miller comes in on relief and shuts the door. Plays against columbus as well, and shuts them out too.

If that happens, I will love the Sabres for life!

It's one of the outside shot scenario's that can help me win the league, which at this point is not looking to lovely...

Thanks for the cooperation
    I'll be sure to pass this on so we (you, me, Miller and Enroth) are all on the same page.

Good luck!
    @SmittysRant

Bad news for Miller fans...Enroth will be in net tonight. According to a text alert I just received.

Miller tomorrow vs Blue Jax.
    @SmittysRant

I just shot this to a local station where they're contemplating keeping Enroth in net going forward, should he win tonight.

This is silly.

Miller's the starter, plain and simple. Enroth get's the nod tonight because it's going to be a very very physical game and you don't want to chance Miller getting re-injured. Not when the Sabres don't really need tonight's game. Enroth is the hot hand, start him tonight. he gets the win...awesome. but you have to start Miller vs the Blue Jax because he is most definitely the goalie for the playoffs and he needs a warm up game after having been out.

That's why you start Miller tomorrow, despite a presumed Enroth win tonight.

You start Miller tomorrow because he gets an extra night of rest tonight, you don't unnecessarily risk re-injury vs a highly physical Philly, he gets a warm up game prior to the playoffs (assuming an Enroth win), he needs to be in net tomorrow if the two points are indeed on the line (assuming an Enroth loss).

Miller is the pressure-tested goalie. He is our starter. Stop this nonsense.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I just shot this to a local station where they're contemplating keeping Enroth in net going forward, should he win tonight.

This is silly.

Miller's the starter, plain and simple. Enroth get's the nod tonight because it's going to be a very very physical game and you don't want to chance Miller getting re-injured. Not when the Sabres don't really need tonight's game. Enroth is the hot hand, start him tonight. he gets the win...awesome. but you have to start Miller vs the Blue Jax because he is most definitely the goalie for the playoffs and he needs a warm up game after having been out.

That's why you start Miller tomorrow, despite a presumed Enroth win tonight.

You start Miller tomorrow because he gets an extra night of rest tonight, you don't unnecessarily risk re-injury vs a highly physical Philly, he gets a warm up game prior to the playoffs (assuming an Enroth win), he needs to be in net tomorrow if the two points are indeed on the line (assuming an Enroth loss).

Miller is the pressure-tested goalie. He is our starter. Stop this nonsense.
    stop saying all these things working my favor!
    Soon I will have to love you and that sounds gay hahahahah

GO MILLER COMEBACK

stop saying all these things working my favor!
    Soon I will have to love you and that sounds gay hahahahah

GO MILLER COMEBACK
    Do you like movies about gladiators?

Anywhoooooo....no I just get my dander up when I hear bored radio personalities trying to make news by suggesting outlandish things. What's even worse is the DJs won't ever come right out and say "Bench Miller in favor of Enroth".

No, they don't have the cojones to do that so they'll imply through innuendo and ambiguity so they rile the listeners. But they'll never atually take a stand one way or the other.

Now I need beer!
    @SmittysRant

Default Pegula- redux

I posted this in another forum, but I get questions here about prospects so I thought I would copy here too. Just so everyone's aware of my reluctance to project prospects for next year....and starters for that matter. Anyway, I'm off to watch the Flyers v Sabres. I take no responsibility for anything I post here post-game...

Anyway here's my Pegula rant...

Yeah, I agree and my 75% [Luke Adam being full time 2011-12] is probably obscenely generous. The more I listen to Pegula talk the more I really don't know what to expect during the off season. He spoke at an alumni luncheon today and said....yet again..."let's get this cup thing done sooner rather than later".

This luncheon, well, he invited ALL Sabres alumni to town, on his dime, for the game tonight - 80-90 showed up for the event,

Point being, the guy is not afraid to spend money and has made it abundantly clear he will do whatever it takes on his end to get the necessary players to win a cup.

He has also stated that he favors a prospect development system like that of Detroit's. Indicative of sitting on prospects and letting them ferment until just the right time.

So taking all this into consideration, at this point, next season is a wild card player-wise, and we'll no more as the off season unfolds.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

That is quite an interesting rant! I wish an owner would give that type of money to GM Poile to spend. If that was the case, Nashville would be favorites year in and out!

To me that sounds like a couple of offer sheets or big UFA splash (ala Rangers) - Parise in Buffalo? haha...
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

Starting to sound like the Mark Cuban of hockey. If so, I dig it.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

OH BABY WE'RE IN THE MUTHA-F-ING PLAYOFFS!!!!

Sorry don't mean to brag or rant but after the start of the season, this is something to behold!!! Man, people are dancin' in the streets around here!

Thats what happens when ya don't have a cup under your belt.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Hey this is your little blog space, live it up! One question though. Shouldn't you be out dancing with the rest of them?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Did you happen to see Gerbe's second goal?!? OMG...it was an honest to God behind the back-no look above the shoulder type thing. Nothing scares these guys! I don't know how else to explain it...these kids just don't get rattled.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I'll be sure to pass this on so we (you, me, Miller and Enroth) are all on the same page.

Good luck!
    holy hell thank you brother for telling them! There is a tiny bit of hope left in my chances

I seriously had to triple check my yahoo said it correctly...

That was an awesome win!!! I am still in awe of Gerbe's 2nd goal. Please tell me someone else saw it???
    @SmittysRant

Ohhhhhh....I am soooooo hungover, but it's soooooooo very worth it!!! I found vid of Gerbe's 2nd goal of the game. Gates if you're reading this can you see if Dobber or Angus will put this in the ramblings? Pretty PUH-LEASE?!?

Watch this little freak o'nature break outta the zone, and do this all by himself. F-ing amazing....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp2115
    @SmittysRant

holy hell thank you brother for telling them! There is a tiny bit of hope left in my chances

I seriously had to triple check my yahoo said it correctly...
    You owe me big, Dutch.

Soooooo....after last night, I don't think I have it in me for another. The bar I was at went absolutely bat-shit crazy when Gerbe scored to tie the game at three. I'm still feeling the effects.

Tonight's games is meaningless. So what does this mean fantasy-wise??? Miller starts, but Ruff is making no guarantees he finishes. Vanek, Sekera and a few others are nursing wounds so their status is questionable.

I'm heading out for some vino and sushi with the lady tonight, so I don't know how much of the game I'll get to see. No matter. After last night I need the rest.

Good luck, Dutch.
    @SmittysRant