Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

If Regier can get a first rounder for Gaustad, then BMurray getting a first for a potential #1 net minder isn't a ungodly. GMs tend to overpay in these situations but I think it was a good deal for both
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

ROR could be a Sabre very very soon.

Dobber Sports Genius

Think this obvious with the trade but...

@DarrenDreger: Tim Murray just visited with Newport Sports. Making connection with Ryan OReilly and acknowledging early interest in extension talks.
    Per twitter

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Tim Murray is a great hockey mind and scout but he hasn't been a great GM thus far in my opinion.
    I don't agree. I think he's done well. Murray has added Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Zach Bogosian, Robin Lehner, David Legwand and Jack Eichel, subtracting Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Nick Zadorov and Mike Grigorenko. I'm sure I'm missing some smaller pieces, but those are the big ones. There are some impact players in Buffalo now (Kane, O'Reilly and Eichel will definitely be). You could argue that the only real impactful player that left was Myers. Sure Zadorov and Grigorenko have a chance to be, but so do Bogosian and Lehner.

It's a good time to be a Sabre fan.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Post-draft interview, Murray will be actively seeking a vet UFA left-shot dman, or a trade for same.

ROR could play wing; Girgs too.

Liked Lehner best for many reasons, but talent aside, one factor that played into how much he spent was that at the end of his current contract he is an RFA. For Lack and Talbot their both UFAs.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I don't agree. I think he's done well. Murray has added Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly, Jamie McGinn, Zach Bogosian, Robin Lehner, David Legwand and Jack Eichel, subtracting Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Nick Zadorov and Mike Grigorenko. I'm sure I'm missing some smaller pieces, but those are the big ones. There are some impact players in Buffalo now (Kane, O'Reilly and Eichel will definitely be). You could argue that the only real impactful player that left was Myers. Sure Zadorov and Grigorenko have a chance to be, but so do Bogosian and Lehner.

It's a good time to be a Sabre fan.
    I think he overpaid on both of his big trades this weekend. Just my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Considering Murray is bargaining from a position of weakness and it was no secret his want for ROR, I do not think he over paid to a significant level at all. He said he would use picks to obtain players in an attempt to shorten the rebuild. He did just that.

The addition of ROR is more than points. He gives Bylsma a lot of versatility and far more depth options on wing then when he was hired. ROR is also a 24 yr old w/ 6 years of experience under his belt. Big leadership opportunity here for him. He was buried behind some talent in COL so there's a chance he could really shine given more TOI.

ROR starts the year as the top line center, shielding Eichel on the second until he develops his game enough.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think he overpaid on both of his big trades this weekend. Just my opinion.
    oilers and sabres made "bad" trades, but they were trades that needed to be made. cant just keep stock piling picks or your team will end up like the oilers were the past few years.

sabres paid a bit more than they should have for lehner but they have a goalie now. samsonov went at 22, so getting lehner for 21 with a few years more in development isnt bad. legwand is irrelevant since sabres arent competing for a while anyways.

losing zadorov will hurt but really girgs was a bust in buffalo and the pick they gave up was expendable. they will probably have to give ROR 7-7.5M which is a bit more than he deserves but you cant deny he's a great two way player.

talbot was a mistake, he isnt going to be the oilers long term solution in net. but at that price who cares, oilers had no scouts left so chances are they would have bombed the pick anyways. heck they probably would have still bombed them.

i hate the reinhart trade. i think he sucks, but i guess he's still young enough to turn it around. i could be wrong but i just think there is so much more value out there they could have gotten for 16th, let alone adding in 33rd.

marincin...who cares, bottom pairing dman at best. they pretty much swapped him for gryba...bottom pairing dman at best. a little more edge, whatever.

and i get there was no way they would have gotten hamilton, so i aint even mad about that. i would have probably added nurse though, overpay if you have to. unproven nurse + reinhart vs proven hamilton?

so at the end of the day both teams got better. they may have "lost" their trades, or overpaid but it was a necessity that had to be done.

Dobber Sports Pro

Buffalo is going to be a hell of a lot better this season wow, with Kane, ROR, Zirg, Eichel, Sam Reinhart, -
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Buffalo is going to be a hell of a lot better this season wow, with Kane, ROR, Zirg, Eichel, Sam Reinhart, -
    My curiosity is piqued with regard to which left handed dman Murray is going to target.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Its an exciting time to be a Sabres fan.
    The developing talent at the pivot position is very solid and talented.
    RW seems to be an issue for next season as does the defensive depth, but wow they are going to be fun to watch in a season or three
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Its an exciting time to be a Sabres fan.
    The developing talent at the pivot position is very solid and talented.
    RW seems to be an issue for next season as does the defensive depth, but wow they are going to be fun to watch in a season or three
    Agreed!

Yeah the Sabres have been thin at wing as far as blue chip talent. For now at least the addition of ROR plus Girgensons and Ennis gives Bylsma some flexibility with the center/wing positions.
    @SmittysRant

Report outta Buffalo indicating Eichel will be signing a pro contract today http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/7/...contract-today

WOOT!

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Report outta Buffalo indicating Eichel will be signing a pro contract today http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/7/...contract-today

WOOT!

I can't wait to see him in a Sabres jersey.. And I can't wait to see him play in Winnipeg!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

ROR deal is looking like 7 yr max. This should be a doozy
    @SmittysRant