Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This may have been stated before, but when I watch Gerbe, I'm reminded more and more of a young Theo Fleury. I don't think he'll ever score like Theo, but he definitely plays WAY bigger than his body like Fleury did. Love players like that.

Default Panthers @ Sabres - Fri, March 25, 7:30pm

Not much to report as far as roster changes, although Hecht is reportedly looking at tomorrow for (vs NJD) for his return. This poses a problem for the Sabres.

Sabres used one of their four allotted post-trade deadline moves to call up Enroth. They called up Mancari, but that was considered an emergency and as such did not count against them....HOWEVER....should Mancari stay up after Hecht's return then it would indeed count and the Sabres would then have two remaining moves. Ruff's has said he likes the Gaustad line the best recently, and he has no intention of breaking it up right now.

Soooooo what do ya do with Enroth once Lalime heals from his door opening injury? We honestly don't know how Enroth can handle starting a game after sitting for so long. His last game was a win, but a very shaky one at that and it was two weeks ago. Sabres aren't using Lalime....that much is certain.

So it's tricky, and it makes my hurt.

Fantasy-wise

bench stafford for now. he really hasn't done much since his return from his strained hammy, and, quite frankly is slowly creeping back into my dog house. i'd even start Mancari over him, as at least Mancari is getting the shots on net.

I really like Miller in this one, in fact, I'd rest him and start Enroth, but that's not happening.

Roll w/ the usual suspects w/ special emphasis on Sekera and Myers.

That's all i got.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

I swear if that little kid scores again for the Sabres im gonna throw my shoe at the TV...honestly he's keeping your team in it! Please tell him to leave the league, as he is the height of the average 8th grader.

I kid, but seriously tell him to stop scoring.

Signed,

A delusional and bitter Leaf Fan.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

good start boyz! hope the sabres make it a panther hunt tonight

Just got home...tied at one??? Sabres have a knack for tanking against these guys, dunno what it is.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    I swear if that little kid scores again for the Sabres im gonna throw my shoe at the TV...honestly he's keeping your team in it! Please tell him to leave the league, as he is the height of the average 8th grader.

I kid, but seriously tell him to stop scoring.

Signed,

A delusional and bitter Leaf Fan.
    lol...which little kid? We have a few.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

I need a miller win, so they better make it happen!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lol...which little kid? We have a few.
    I'm referring to the REALLY LITTLE KID! Coming in at a whopping 5"5...NATHANNNN GERBE!!!!!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Stafford scores...so much for my recommendation of benching him [sigh].

I should stick to my day job.
    @SmittysRant

Default Devils @ Sabres - Sat 7pm

I'll do more of a complete summary re this weekend's games tomorrow, when I have more time. Very busy today (looks like the Lady and I are putting in an offer on a house).

That said, good game last night. Nice see to Stafford stepping up - somewhat surprised that he took advantage of the opportunity. I really like that first line of Boyes-Ennis-Stafford. I would also like to see Connolly dropped down to the third line and Gerbe bumped to the second, but maybe Gerbe wouldn't have the success he's had w/out Goose and Mancari next to him. They're more physical than Pommer and Vanek.

Anyway...Miller IS in net tonight. Confirmed.

Montador and Hecht - IN.

Looks like Mancari and Leopold are OUT - speculation that Leopold hurt his hand last night.

Personally, I think ya keep Mancari-Goose-Gerbe together as long as it's working. Hecht better prove me wrong (much like Stafford did last night).

Fantasy-wise ya have to role with the first line of Boyes-Ennis-Stafford, Myers and Sekera, and Miller.

If you're really in need of fill-ins...Gerbe and Pommer.

GO SABRES!
    @SmittysRant

Default A Sabres Summary

6. Montreal 76 GP 87 Pts
    7. NY Rangers 76 87
    8. Buffalo 75 85
    9. Carolina 75 80

Sorry about not summarizing the weekend games, just really crazy over here and never got around to it. But I thought some quick tidbits o'fun might be useful, and then later today I will provide a pre-game report on the the Leafs game tonight (boooo-hissss)

Without further ado, I present TIDBITS O'FUN (for anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line who thinks the Sabres aren't a "playoff" team...[cough-cough])

Last time Sabres trailed a game was Mar 1st vs Carolina - 300 minutes, 27 seconds without trailing.

217 goals (not counting SO winners) - that's good enough for eighth overall and third in the Eastern Conference (16 more than the Caps...ahem)

2.89 Goals/Game - third in the East (tied), and seventh overall

33 SOG/Game (a franchise high since '75-'76) - that my friends is good enough for second in the East and fourth overall. I recall a time in the not to distant past saying "they need to shoot more, [expletive]!!!" haven't had to say that in awhile and now know why.

23-10-5 - their record since Jan 1st

3.26 - Goals per game since Jan 1st

Stats compliments of Buffalo News. I found those interesting and thought I would share as they are somewhat fantasy relevant.

Later today, at the request of TK in prep for tonight's game vs the Leafs....up close and personal with NATHAN GERBE!!!
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Sorry about not summarizing the weekend games, just really crazy over here and never got around to it.
    Your lack of hasty coverage is horseshit!!!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Later today, at the request of TK in prep for tonight's game vs the Leafs....up close and personal with NATHAN GERBE!!!
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator

What will you be using; magnifying glass or microscope?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Your lack of hasty coverage is horseshit!!!
    Wow..tough crowd! I figured i could sneak a post in and no one would be the wiser, at this time of the morning.
    @SmittysRant