Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 79 84 85 86 87 88 89
Results 1,321 to 1,329 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

Anyone watching Buffalo preseason? Just trying to get a read on potential starting goalie now that training camp is underway.

anyone know anything that may lean the goalie battle a certain way ?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Anyone watching Buffalo preseason? Just trying to get a read on potential starting goalie now that training camp is underway.

anyone know anything that may lean the goalie battle a certain way ?
    I wont be surprised if it's not Levi to start but not sure how long he will carry the load. He's their best option today, and that's not saying much.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Its pretty early but from what i have read UPL didn't look so great and Comrie looked "better". So maybe they roll with Comrie and Levi? Or maybe next game UPL looks great?

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Administrator

Still lots of time for the goalie situation to play out, just as far as pre-season goes. Comrie has had two solid appearances. UPL has one and got dusted up. Levi was solid in his one appearance. Should know more as we get closer to those last two pre-season games which are more reflective of an actual lineup.

As an aside, sounds like Zach Benson is making a STRONG case to make the team to start the year. Injuries to Quinn and Savoie may be leaving the door open here too.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I would be really surprised to see Levi on the NHL roster to start the season. UPL and Comrie will split the starts and they’ll go with the hot hand as things go.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I would be really surprised to see Levi on the NHL roster to start the season. UPL and Comrie will split the starts and they’ll go with the hot hand as things go.
    I'd be really surprised if Levi isn't on the NHL roster to start and likely the opening night starter. I'm hearing he is having the best camp out of any of their goalies.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I'd be really surprised if Levi isn't on the NHL roster to start and likely the opening night starter. I'm hearing he is having the best camp out of any of their goalies.
    Ok.
    In the last 20 years there have been 4 goalies to start more than 40 games in their age 21 season. Carter Hart, Steve Mason, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Carey Price. The only one with a winning record or stats that were anywhere near decent was Hart. Levi needs the reps and the confidence. He’s waiver exempt. And NHL teams aren’t run by fanboys. To send Comrie or UPL down or carry 3 goalies doesn’t make sense. There are no guarantees, but I find it highly highly unlikely Levi starts the season on the NHL roster. Counting on it for fantasy purposes is just not a good idea.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Maybe not so strangely, all 4 of them played in their age 20 season. One was an all-rookie team guy, and another won the Calder at 20.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Ok.
    In the last 20 years there have been 4 goalies to start more than 40 games in their age 21 season. Carter Hart, Steve Mason, Marc-Andre Fleury, and Carey Price. The only one with a winning record or stats that were anywhere near decent was Hart. Levi needs the reps and the confidence. He’s waiver exempt. And NHL teams aren’t run by fanboys. To send Comrie or UPL down or carry 3 goalies doesn’t make sense. There are no guarantees, but I find it highly highly unlikely Levi starts the season on the NHL roster. Counting on it for fantasy purposes is just not a good idea.
    I'm not saying it's a good idea or whether an owner should rely on him going into the season but if the question is who is likely to start the season in goal in Buffalo, all indications are Levi at this time.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov