Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Any bright spots? I didn't manage to watch any of the game due to work. Did Reinhart play with Eichel/Skinner most of the night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Reinhart played alongside Eichel the entire night but Skinner was bumped off the top line in the 3rd period in favour of Sheary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    I watched the 2 first periods and Buffalo was so bad.
    Eichel tried to do everything by himself and Dahlin did some weird passes.

But it's just one game and there is a lot of new players in this team, we'll see in 10-15 games
    I agree. I also watched most, but not all, of the game (missed some action here and there for bedtime routines, etc.) But overall, I saw the Sabres playing fairly tentatively. Probably a mix of some young guys getting their feet wet in the show and afraid to make mistakes, more established (albeit, in some cases, still young) players gripping the stick too hard wanting to turn the page on past failures, and a bit of misfortune opening up against a more talented, more experienced, and freshly angry Bruins team.

Some quick observations: Dahlin was fine -- played fairly well defensively, but was pretty quiet otherwise (which is fine, particularly for a young Dman); Skinner looked like he's still trying to find his groove with the team and Eichel specifically (which I think he will); Eichel was trying to do too much by himself (could be the weight of wanting to do too much to buck past losing seasons, wearing the C on his chest for the first time, still getting acclimated to the significant offseason turnover); Mittelstadt was largely unnoticeable (a continuation from the preseason, but I also think he'll be fine); Tage Thompson I thought was working hard when he was out there, but inefficient (lots of skating, but not really going anywhere; which I chalk up to jitters). And so on....

We'll see. Better games and days lie ahead. But for one game at least, it was not a terribly inspiring performance.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Deity

Also, from two minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/st...886055936?s=19

Lines this morning ⚔️
    Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
    Skinner-Berglund-Okposo
    Elie-Mittelstadt-Thompson
    Girgensons-Rodrigues-Pominville
    Sobotka absent

Scandella-Ristolainen
    McCabe-Dahlin
    Beaulieu-Nelson
    Tennyson rotating in https://t.co/d1mgOREh61
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good bounce back from the Sabres last night against the Rangers. Of course, I didn't get to watch any of it (cue superstition), so would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who was able to watch.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Recruit

Anyone with Skinner on their teams panicking or think he?ll be able to slot in on those top units with time?

Administrator

Lawrence Pilut out 5-6 months after shoulder surgery

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And crickets.

Dobber Sports Titan

I actually really liked Pilut. Watched quite a few Sabres games this season and he definitely stood out in the way that a 10 year veteran does, in that he seemed calm and could control the game. Going to be a tough start to the Sabres season if they don't replace him on the back end.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Very happy to see Ralph Krueger get another NHL chance. Seems like a quality coach and a quality man. I always felt he got a bit of a raw deal in Edmonton. Eakins too.
    All the best the Ralph next season and beyond - terrific young pieces he can work with as they grow this team into a contender.

Dobber Sports Genius

I didn't expect Ralph to come back to the NHL as a coach. He got a raw deal in Edm though so hopefully it works here, he seems to be very astute and likeable in a management position.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

I love this for Buffalo. I do agree that Ralph got the shaft in Edmonton.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Personally, I think this is going to be one of the better coach signings of the off-season. Very strategic coach who gets analytics. Not sure of the fantasy impact for players not named Dahlin or Eichel on ice. I think we'll see their & possession stats improve across the board by Xmas.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

I remember Krueger getting good reviews for his work in Edmonton only for him to be booted for no reason. Hopefully this time he has a real chance to prove himself.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

No pen to paper but it sounds like the chances of Skinner straying in Buffalo are strong

The Charging Buffalo@TheChargingBUF

Bob McKenzie on Jeff Skinner:

there’s been dialogue all week long between Skinner’s reps and Jason Botterill. The sense is there’s “optimism” but not to the point where either side is entirely comfortable w/ the numbers they’re exchanging. Expects more dialogue tomorrow#Sabres

“Buffalo certainly wants him back and Skinner wants to come back. They have to get the final massaging of the numbers until both sides are happy.”

“It’s very close but it’s not done.”

“Sweet spot seems to be an 8 year deal between 8.5M - 9.5M

Dobber Sports Titan

That definitely more than I would want to pay for Skinner. But for a bigger UFA to actually want to sign in Buffalo, I guess they have to jump on it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

That's a huge payday for Skinner, if it comes to fruition.