Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

The Great One

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

So Kane looking good? I know his stats are money in the bank but havent seen him in action yet...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kane's looked very good. Motivated. Playing hard consistently, throwing the body, looking to get himself into scoring positions, taking quality shots. Exactly what many hoped he would be throughout his career -- and certainly what the Sabres were hoping he'd tap into when acquiring him.

Let's hope it keeps up, but he really looks fantastic with Eichel thus far.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Stud

What an entertaining 3rd period

Scandella jumped up nicely

but Eichel looks like he is ready to start taking over the game, his play in the OT was very impressive. Wow was that an great effort.

Beating Boston in beantown on a weekend ? it doesn't get much sweeter than that
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Giddy up!

https://twitter.com/SabresPR/status/1016323923770793986

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed defenseman Rasmus Dahlin to a three-year, entry-level contract.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was just updating my leagues salaries and it was quite the turnover in personnel this offseason for the Sabres! I think they will be an interesting team to watch. While I really like what Ryan O'Reilly brings in real life and would struggle to trade him away from my NHL team, it does make room for Mittelstadt. I think these guys might surprise, but they will have to gel pretty quickly.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I was just updating my leagues salaries and it was quite the turnover in personnel this offseason for the Sabres! I think they will be an interesting team to watch. While I really like what Ryan O'Reilly brings in real life and would struggle to trade him away from my NHL team, it does make room for Mittelstadt. I think these guys might surprise, but they will have to gel pretty quickly.
    I think they needed to trade O'Reilly. He basically came right out and said he'd lost his passion for the game playing in Buffalo. E. Kane gone. R. Lehner gone. I think they are trying to change the culture in the dressing room. So while I respect what O'Reilly brings, I think he had to go. Although I do wish they had gotten more for him...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think they needed to trade O'Reilly. He basically came right out and said he'd lost his passion for the game playing in Buffalo. E. Kane gone. R. Lehner gone. I think they are trying to change the culture in the dressing room. So while I respect what O'Reilly brings, I think he had to go. Although I do wish they had gotten more for him...
    In a way though, it could be addition through subtraction. Makes room for Mittelstadt and I am a big Sobotka fan - the guy plays the game the right way. I think the Sabres did alright in the deal. I'm not sure Montreal had the pieces to give more.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    In a way though, it could be addition through subtraction. Makes room for Mittelstadt and I am a big Sobotka fan - the guy plays the game the right way. I think the Sabres did alright in the deal. I'm not sure Montreal had the pieces to give more.
    Dont forget that this trade also meant that Buffalo didn't have to shovel out his $7.5M contract bonus either. That was huge for them.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Does Tage Thompson make the team and potentially get a Top-6 role?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jack Eichel named Captain. (Pretty much a foregone conclusion in the modern NHL)

Bogosian and Okposo given the As on their sweaters.

W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, that was a train wreck of a start to the season. Equal parts uninspiring play, and bad luck opening up against the Bs on the heels of their embarrassing opening night performance.

One game does not a season make obviously. But seeing the lines put through a blender trying to spark something two-thirds of the way through an opening night shutout home loss certainly isn't what the fan base wants to see after 5+ years.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Well, that was a train wreck of a start to the season. Equal parts uninspiring play, and bad luck opening up against the Bs on the heels of their embarrassing opening night performance.

One game does not a season make obviously. But seeing the lines put through a blender trying to spark something two-thirds of the way through an opening night shutout home loss certainly isn't what the fan base wants to see after 5+ years.
    Any bright spots? I didn't manage to watch any of the game due to work. Did Reinhart play with Eichel/Skinner most of the night?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Reinhart played alongside Eichel the entire night but Skinner was bumped off the top line in the 3rd period in favour of Sheary.

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's the data you were looking for. I did not watch the game.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...s.php?team=BUF

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I watched the 2 first periods and Buffalo was so bad.
    Eichel tried to do everything by himself and Dahlin did some weird passes.

But it's just one game and there is a lot of new players in this team, we'll see in 10-15 games
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson