Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

I deafened the Hronek trade because he was 25 and fits in our core groups age but not trading JT Miller for picks is Ludacris. I was just hoping somebody would pick up Millers contract for virtually anything but to hear there was a decent package of picks and we didn't pull the trigger makes me truly believe what most people already think. This organization is screwed. Nothing will happen until ownership changes.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I deafened the Hronek trade because he was 25 and fits in our core groups age but not trading JT Miller for picks is Ludacris. I was just hoping somebody would pick up Millers contract for virtually anything but to hear there was a decent package of picks and we didn't pull the trigger makes me truly believe what most people already think. This organization is screwed. Nothing will happen until ownership changes.

Man my preseason thoughts were way out of line. Kudos to those who called it correctly.

So painful watching the nucks win themselves out the CB sweepstakes.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Man my preseason thoughts were way out of line. Kudos to those who called it correctly.

So painful watching the nucks win themselves out the CB sweepstakes.
    Me too man. I thought we would sneak into the playoffs. 95ish points. At this point with us playing well again when it doesn't matter, I am firmly in the I won't believe it until we see it mentality.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't think this team is nearly as far out as some may think. Sure, their D still needs work, but everyone thought Calgary had one of the best D corps in the league before the season started and looked how that worked out for them.

Vancouver just needs a consistent Demko to make up for their lack of D depth and they can win a lot of games.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't think this team is nearly as far out as some may think. Sure, their D still needs work, but everyone thought Calgary had one of the best D corps in the league before the season started and looked how that worked out for them.

Vancouver just needs a consistent Demko to make up for their lack of D depth and they can win a lot of games.
    Logically I agree with you. Petterson, top 15 Center in the league, Hughes top 15 D in the league and Demko has the potential/is a top 15 goalie in the league. Throw in a very good Miller, Kuzy and Hronek. Were probably as good as I predicted last year bubble playoff team. With that being said I have been burnt too many times from this team to trust it until I see it.

The Great One

The enormous drag of terrible players like OEL and Myers are the problem.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The enormous drag of terrible players like OEL and Myers are the problem.
    I feel like the Canucks should just keep the anchors continue to suck and get picks but ownership won't let that happen. So if there desperate to compete now they could buyout OEL.

"Ekman-Larsson would only have a cap hit of $146,667 for the 2023-24 season, but would jump up to around $2.35 million in 2024-25, then $4.77 million for 2025-26 and 2026-27. In the remaining four years, the Canucks would have $2.127 million in dead cap on the books."

We would save quite a bit and could pick up a competent player. Now Myers as bad as he is, could maybe be traded without retention after his bonus is paid this summer. We would probably need to add a sweetener like a pick, again which isn't what this organization should do but were desperate to get back into the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with Axe. Demko is going to be a big part of this team and up front they’re not too bad. Definitely need to modify that D. So far Tocchet looking like a good fit too.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Like most middling teams, it'll be goaltending that makes or breaks them.

They are def a playoff potential team with the roster they have, but they are a wildcard team. And if that's your goal fine, but if your goal as an organization is a Stanley Cup then they are not going to meet that goal.

Demko can hide problems with their D. But I can not trust the management to do the right thing this offseason lol.

They are 14pts out of a playoff spot, that's 7 wins. That's not a whole lot once you break it down. They went 17-11-4 since February (38pts/64pts=0.59375pt% or 97pts season).

They started 4-9-3 (11pts/32pts), and they couldn't dig themselves out.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Like most middling teams, it'll be goaltending that makes or breaks them.

They are def a playoff potential team with the roster they have, but they are a wildcard team. And if that's your goal fine, but if your goal as an organization is a Stanley Cup then they are not going to meet that goal.

Demko can hide problems with their D. But I can not trust the management to do the right thing this offseason lol.

They are 14pts out of a playoff spot, that's 7 wins. That's not a whole lot once you break it down. They went 17-11-4 since February (38pts/64pts=0.59375pt% or 97pts season).

They started 4-9-3 (11pts/32pts), and they couldn't dig themselves out.
    That's why I am firmly in the wait and see mood. Last season with Bruce we were firmly a playoff season as well. I also agree, that we don't have the horses to be a cup contender. We need another top 2 D and another high end center.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...p9wIbPdKQ&s=19

Jonathan Lekkerimäki #Canucks   
    2022 1st RD pick (15th overall)
    3 year ELC

$950,000 cap hit / $1,425,000 AAV

Breakdown in all 3 seasons...

NHL base: $855,000
    SB: $95,000
    'A' Bonus: $475,000
    Minor: $82,500

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

he had a really tough post draft season. Hopefully he bounces back....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Looking good for a bounce back:

/Cam Robinson/
    @Hockey_Robinson
    ·
    Apr 29
    With an assist on the game-tying goal, Jonathan Lekkerimäki has extended his playoff point streak to 5 games and 8 points.

He’s up to 15 points in 14 postseason games - 3rd most in the Allsvenskan.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post

With an assist on the game-tying goal, Jonathan Lekkerimäki has extended his playoff point streak to 5 games and 8 points.

He’s up to 15 points in 14 postseason games - 3rd most in the Allsvenskan.
    Nice to see him producing after recovering from mono- and a concussion.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

It's been a long road for Tanner Pearson and happy to see he's finally on the mend. Doesn't help the Canucks much with their cap situation but that's nothing he can control.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...37076151648505

Vancouver #Canucks officially activated Tanner Pearson of IR/LTIR yesterday.

This is significant because it means that he is no longer considered an LTI candidate, and tentatively leaves the club $1,709,167 over the cap even if they place Poolman on LTIR.

The Canucks could still start the season cap compliant, but it would likely result in a roster with only 20 or 21 players.

https://capfriendly.com/teams/canuck...img=1694447068