Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

I would keep Bo, in no universe in my mind did i think trading him is a good idea. top 6 centres that do what he does is hard to come by. I agree Green has lost the room and yes Benning has to go.

As for the owner, Aquilini's are a rich family in which I wont get into the history of how they made their money in the previous generation. What I will say is that I work in the Commercial Real Estate industry in Vancouver so I am very aware the real estate holdings and development projects (Aquilini Investment Group) they have going along with the Hospitality/Restaurant businesses (Toptable Group) they have operating. There were rumours around the office a couple years ago that they were trying to sell the team but wanted to keep the arena/real estate as they recently completed multiple additions connecting to the arena including a rental apartment building and office towers. I imagine it didnt go anywhere as most new owners would want the arena included. I do think it is possible for the team to sell but it would require a massive overpayment on its current value. I am definitely interested to see how the sale of the Pittsburgh Penguins goes to gauge how possible it is for an ownership change.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Deity

#progress

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1...0XMGVrc0A&s=19

Canucks President, Hockey Operations and Interim General Manager Jim Rutherford announced today that Émilie Castonguay has been named Assistant General Manager.
    Castonguay becomes the first female Assistant General Manager in team history.

DETAILS | https://t.co/92bL8fQTUv https://t.co/lvwbWApcCQ
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Also this just a few days earlier:

https://thecanuckway.com/2022/01/21/...nalytics-role/

Dobber Sports Titan

Tough game to hit that 1.25mill bonus for playing 10games for Halak. Add that 1.25mill to their cap next yr to have a total of 3.65m in dead cap between Holtby, Halak, and Virtanen. But that $3.035m in Luongo's is off the books.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Why don't they just turf Halak and bring up Spencer Martin. The team doesn't play well for Halak at all.

Dobber Sports Genius

I was excited to get Halak but he's not working out. I just don't know where you can stick him at this point. Earlier someone would of took him but he's looking like dead space now.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Why don't they just turf Halak and bring up Spencer Martin. The team doesn't play well for Halak at all.
    He has a NMC. He hasn't accepted a trade (rumoured) so I doubt he accepts being sent down.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

yeah this halak nmc has been problematic. it is very weird to see thatcher do so well and halak struggle so much. from what i understand, the canucks are one of the better defensive teams at even strength so the near auto-loss when halak plays is disheartening.

also, fun note, jack and quinn had a bet going for last nights game. the loser has to pay for a painting/artwork that will go in a house they own together.

as for the canucks cap situation. thats just part of the mess benning got us in. as a result, i do believe rutherford is very aware of it and this is part of the reason for the re-tool by shedding cap as we'll have (hopefully) all of the bad cap space utilization freed up 2 seasons from now.

Dobber Sports Genius

So I am reading all these top 20 lists coming out from NHL.COM and the likes. It appears they have Canucks players pretty high up in three key positions. They state between J.T. Miller and Petterson we have two top 20 centers, I also got to imagine Horvat isn't to far out maybe top 30, top 50 for sure. I have seen Quinn Hughes as a top 20 D and I haven't seen a goalie list yet but I assume Demko is ranked top 20 or better.

It seems things are coming together. I like how we played in the second half, I think everyone did. My question is are we a playoff team? I am going to say yes. I think we have a chance to be the second best team behind Edmonton in the Pacific fighting with Calgary.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    So I am reading all these top 20 lists coming out from NHL.COM and the likes. It appears they have Canucks players pretty high up in three key positions. They state between J.T. Miller and Petterson we have two top 20 centers, I also got to imagine Horvat isn't to far out maybe top 30, top 50 for sure. I have seen Quinn Hughes as a top 20 D and I haven't seen a goalie list yet but I assume Demko is ranked top 20 or better.

It seems things are coming together. I like how we played in the second half, I think everyone did. My question is are we a playoff team? I am going to say yes. I think we have a chance to be the second best team behind Edmonton in the Pacific fighting with Calgary.
    I thought JT Miller was a winger who took faceoffs? LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I thought JT Miller was a winger who took faceoffs? LOL!
    Last year we started playing him down the middle more often. The talks are that he's going to center one line, Petterson another and Horvat on the third. Of coarse I am sure it will be fluent. It's looking like Petterson/Boser, Miller/Garland and then as the third on each line there are a bunch of options such as Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin etc. Horvat and Pearson seem like running mates for the most part.

Dobber Sports Star

definitely a playoff team, their record under boudreau was on pace for easily a playoff spot. the team is better on paper overall while the jt miller contract/trade situation looms

that being said, we are a first round and out candidate. second round and out if we are lucky cacuse thatcher steals multiple games. our defense is an issue, theyll get roasted by the likes of mcdavid and huberdeau.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If the Canucks want to make any real noise. they need a top pair dman to play with Hughes and another legit top 4 Dman that can insulate OEL & push Myers to 3rd pair minutes.
    Honestly, Hughes is the only legit top 4 Dman on the team. OEL is a tweener at this stage 4/5. It's not good enough.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If the Canucks want to make any real noise. they need a top pair dman to play with Hughes and another legit top 4 Dman that can insulate OEL & push Myers to 3rd pair minutes.
    Honestly, Hughes is the only legit top 4 Dman on the team. OEL is a tweener at this stage 4/5. It's not good enough.
    I agree the D is the big glaring issue. They need another one, possible two top 4 dman. But that is the only deficiency I really see on the team.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I agree the D is the big glaring issue. They need another one, possible two top 4 dman. But that is the only deficiency I really see on the team.
    This team missed the playoffs last year, made a couple minor adjustments to their bottom six in the offseason (no cap space) and you think their only glaring deficiency
    is on the back end?