Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    The Canucks should be inquiring about Gusev--Vegas still tight against the cap, he needs a contract, and adding a Russian now would be well-timed after drafting Podkolzin.
    Miller+Gusev would be much preferred to a lengthy Myers contract.
    Agreed. Over these last 4 years the Canucks have done a very poor job in weaponizing their cap space to get picks, prospects and legit players. I think if they don't get Miller via trade, they should just sign a Jordie Benn or someone of that ilk, instead of overpaying Myers.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    The Canucks should be inquiring about Gusev--Vegas still tight against the cap, he needs a contract, and adding a Russian now would be well-timed after drafting Podkolzin.
    Miller+Gusev would be much preferred to a lengthy Myers contract.
    this is the most intelligent thing i have read on these boards in a long time, (including my posts lol).
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

I thought they should have tried pushing Vanek for Gusev's rights two seasons ago.
    Something has to give.
    Either they move Patches and at 7.5m that's going to be difficult - or they HAVE to move Gusev and someone else
    There's just no room to sign Gusev.

Even if they do move Patches... Will they get under the cap enough to sign Gusev for what he is likely to get?
    if they could get both.
    They should toss another 1st at Vegas with a condition **the one TB doesn't take
    Then sign Gusev 6x6 - pretty sure that's what it'll take.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I thought they should have tried pushing Vanek for Gusev's rights two seasons ago.
    Something has to give.
    Either they move Patches and at 7.5m that's going to be difficult - or they HAVE to move Gusev and someone else
    There's just no room to sign Gusev.

Even if they do move Patches... Will they get under the cap enough to sign Gusev for what he is likely to get?
    if they could get both.
    They should toss another 1st at Vegas with a condition **the one TB doesn't take
    Then sign Gusev 6x6 - pretty sure that's what it'll take.
    Canucks have 7 mill left in Cap Space to sign Boeser Leivo and Goldy. They would have to move someone to make room for Gusev as well - if only someone would take Louie.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

The Magnificent One

Virtanen - where do we see him headed for points and position? Top 6 player or bottom 6?

Thanks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Virtanen - where do we see him headed for points and position? Top 6 player or bottom 6?

Thanks
    Possibly the most enigmatic question of the summer for any team.
    This guy... so frustrating

The answer is entirely up to him. He commits his compete level to every shift and stops becoming lethargic and invisible for long stretches (games - not shifts)
    I think he's got 30-30 potential. but that's Potential

next season if he hits 20-20 with 180+ sog. bonus to him.
    this is a guy Van should not give up on. He's slowly learning what it takes to become a professional in the NHL

He SHOULD BE a top 6 power forward.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post

Thanks
    I think 1st or 4th line are out of the question so a solid middle 6er.

Cant picture him getting any reasonable PP time this year and his numbers will reflect that but if things go well for him over the next few years he could have some Hartnell like success.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think the hard part for him now is just getting pigeonholed on this roster. Top line is pretty much set with Miller Petterson Boeser. Second line is likely Horvat with Pearson the way he lit the lamp. One spot left for Leivo Goldobin Virtanen and Baertschi. If Baertschi is healthy I think that spots his.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any word on a boeser contract?? Or a louie ship out? Does louie need to go before boeser gets a deal?
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well with the rumour that the Canucks are closing in on a deal with Michael Ferland, yes the Canucks will need to move someone to sign Boeser.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Well with the rumour that the Canucks are closing in on a deal with Michael Ferland, yes the Canucks will need to move someone to sign Boeser.
    4x4 is the rumour I've seen.

Yes with 6.5-7m cap space and needing to sign Boeser...
    this is exactly what they should be doing.

IF.. they hadn't destroyed any/all value in Beagle, Schaller, Sutter, Tanev, Eriksson - perhaps they could make cap space.
    That or Benning has forgotten Lou's recapture kicks in now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

They might have to attach a pick to ericksson like toronto did marleau for someone to take him. Gotta think ferland being lw plays top line minutes with petey and boeser as the nucks are thin on LW. Ferland could be in for a big few seasons.

Dobber Sports Giant

So, what do you folks think the lines shake out like? I'm thinking the top-six is pretty much set, but after that I have no clue how they're going to look:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
    Pearson-Horvat-Ferland
    Baertschi-Sutter-Goldobin
    Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

That bottom six I was basically just throwing names at the wall, but there's also Roussel, Eriksson, Beagle, and Schaller in the mix. I'm honestly stumped as to what they're gonna do about that bottom-six. All of these "extras" have three years remaining on their contracts and modified NTCs except for Schaller, which obviously complicates matters. Anyone have some insight here?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

Benning likes what Buffalo is doing in collecting RHDmen, so he’s trying a similar approach with 3rd line wingers. Collecting assets.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wonder if Benning packages Virtanen with Eriksson or Sutter to move a contract. No he's not going to live up to his draft expectations but he still has potential to turn into a solid complementary player in the right situation, and honestly could use a change of scenery. mounD I think your top two line combos are fine with Ferland and Miller potentially being used interchangeably. I think it more likely Gaudette get a look in the scoring role than Sutter.