Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

That was my initial thought as well but the teams going to suck either way I would of rather had them spend the money on taking bad contracts for picks and prospects (Montreal with Mason deal) or take some flyers on guys who could potential be part of the core/solution going forward Duclar, Calvin De Haan.

I guess time will tell. I just look at when the Oilers signed Ference as a good character guy in the midst of their rebuild and it didn't work out great,
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    That was my initial thought as well but the teams going to suck either way I would of rather had them spend the money on taking bad contracts for picks and prospects (Montreal with Mason deal) or take some flyers on guys who could potential be part of the core/solution going forward Duclar, Calvin De Haan.

I guess time will tell. I just look at when the Oilers signed Ference as a good character guy in the midst of their rebuild and it didn't work out great,
    Roussel only makes sense as insulation for the kids. Beagle makes no sense, whatsoever. you just have to get used how awful the Canucks are this year and next. At that point, hope things begin to look up. Edm. had to overpay for Ference when they signed him as well. They weren't good. this is what bad teams do to lure UFA's. I doubt Beagle was going to get this much anywhere else, term or $$ (even on a 1 yr deal). If the goal is to cook the Lind's/Dahlen's/Gaudette's as long as possible (an extra year each in Utica (2020/21) - then these signings begin to make sense.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The only argument I can make for Beagle is that they want to win every faceoff and play keep away and hope that every game goes to a shootout and that they win games that way.

Dobber Sports Genius

I hear all of you. Jack Hughes this year would be huge! I think that would expedite our rebuild by a couple a years. I do think we need D though. I am really got a feeling Juolevi is going to be a bust which leaves us with basically Hughes on an island. I don't know how we rectify this in seems like quite the uphill battle.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I hear all of you. Jack Hughes this year would be huge! I think that would expedite our rebuild by a couple a years. I do think we need D though. I am really got a feeling Juolevi is going to be a bust which leaves us with basically Hughes on an island. I don't know how we rectify this in seems like quite the uphill battle.
    Oh my. Juolevi is a bust now? Had a very good season in a pro league as a 19-year-old. Yes, he still needs some time to mature but his projection to become a very good top-four defenseman is looking very strong.

I guess Pettersson becomes a bust if he doesn't score 60 points right away. And Dahlen is a bust if he doesn't play in the NHL right away. Patience, people. They're kids, they need time.

Dobber Sports Jedi

outside of Pettersson, no other prospect should be moved into the Canucks line up this year - Pettersson will force their hand. Everyone else will benefit from battling the Marlies and learning to win. Let all the vets suck this year & build a winning team in Utica. Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson will survive this horrific season to come

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is kind of unfortunate. I know it's easy for me to armchair gm over here but damn both of these deals look like they should have been decreased by 1 year or 1 million.

I think three years would have been a perfect window tbh.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Oh my. Juolevi is a bust now? Had a very good season in a pro league as a 19-year-old. Yes, he still needs some time to mature but his projection to become a very good top-four defenseman is looking very strong.

I guess Pettersson becomes a bust if he doesn't score 60 points right away. And Dahlen is a bust if he doesn't play in the NHL right away. Patience, people. They're kids, they need time.
    Time will tell but his development hasn't been great since we drafted him. I am not calling him a bust right at this very moment but I am thinking in my opinion it will come to fruition. From his poor camp in 2017, to his conditioning concerns, rumors of a gaming addiction, to this latest off season injury, a lot of things are pointing to him being a bust. If it happens, it happens. A lot of teams swing on D and miss early in the 1st round. Some of the best D in the league over the past decade have come from later rounds other then the 1st (PK, Weber, Letang, Josi) and a lot have been busts or just average from high draft positions ( Cam Barker, L.Schenn, Gudbrandson, Beaulieu, Reinhart).

Dobber Sports Jedi

Time will tell but his development hasn't been great since we drafted him. I am not calling him a bust right at this very moment but I am thinking in my opinion it will come to fruition. From his poor camp in 2017, to his conditioning concerns, rumors of a gaming addiction, to this latest off season injury, a lot of things are pointing to him being a bust. If it happens, it happens. A lot of teams swing on D and miss early in the 1st round. Some of the best D in the league over the past decade have come from later rounds other then the 1st (PK, Weber, Letang, Josi) and a lot have been busts or just average from high draft positions ( Cam Barker, L.Schenn, Gudbrandson, Beaulieu, Reinhart).
    now you sound like the majority of Canuck fans.... or Jake Pratt.... (shaking my head)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    now you sound like the majority of Canuck fans.... or Jake Pratt.... (shaking my head)
    Oh come on pick one thing I added as a throw in and concentrate on that. That's the least of my concerns with him and I did say rumor not fact. Still I find a lot of would be busts end up in the rumor mills a lot more then the legit players.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Oh come on pick one thing I added as a throw in and concentrate on that. That's the least of my concerns with him and I did say rumor not fact. Still I find a lot of would be busts end up in the rumor mills a lot more then the legit players.
    the insider came back and clearly stated the 'rumour' was not attached to Juolevi and it wasn't him. So just bringing it up is incorrect.

Dobber Sports Genius

the insider came back and clearly stated the 'rumour' was not attached to Juolevi and it wasn't him. So just bringing it up is incorrect.
    I heard that but he could be just covering his butt. Either way missing the forest for the trees. The true test of my statement will be if Joulevi turns out or not. The next 2-3 years will be huge in that regards.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I heard that but he could be just covering his butt. Either way missing the forest for the trees. The true test of my statement will be if Joulevi turns out or not. The next 2-3 years will be huge in that regards.
    NO. Someone took his statement and attached Juolevi's name to it. He then stated point blank, it was not Juolevi he was referring to. There were mixed accounts on Juolevi's fitness this year. During the year, prior to the season his coach said he did everything that was asked of him - including conditioning. At the Worlds, he was cut from the team - citing conditioning as the reason why. Then a couple weeks later he undergoes surgery on his back - cause of conditioning issues? he did play heavy 1st pair minutes in the playoffs to spell injuries. If his conditioning was really bad, I doubt he could have done that as well as he did.

Dobber Sports Wizard

NO. Someone took his statement and attached Juolevi's name to it. He then stated point blank, it was not Juolevi he was referring to. There were mixed accounts on Juolevi's fitness this year. During the year, prior to the season his coach said he did everything that was asked of him - including conditioning. At the Worlds, he was cut from the team - citing conditioning as the reason why. Then a couple weeks later he undergoes surgery on his back - cause of conditioning issues? he did play heavy 1st pair minutes in the playoffs to spell injuries. If his conditioning was really bad, I doubt he could have done that as well as he did.
    He had a bad stretch in the middle of the season (around WJC) which was probably conditioning related but he was excellent late in the season and during the playoffs especially. I bet most people just haven't actually watched him this year because he's playing all the way in Europe where busts go to play because they're not good enough to play in North America...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He had a bad stretch in the middle of the season (around WJC) which was probably conditioning related but he was excellent late in the season and during the playoffs especially. I bet most people just haven't actually watched him this year because he's playing all the way in Europe where busts go to play because they're not good enough to play in North America...
    Meanwhile... the Leafs suggested Rasanen sign in Europe to further his development against men in a pro-league rather than another year in the CHL.