Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Stoked on the Hughes pick, I would have been delighted if Zadina fell on emore pick as well.

Boeser, Hughes, Petersson, Lind and OJ should be fun to watch on the PP.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Guru

Whole draft seemed positive for them. I don't know much about guys beyond round 1, but seems they were lauded on Twitter.
    That Russian dude they took late is a fun flyer methinks.

"Round 6, 186th overall – Artyom Manukyan (RW) (KHL/MHL)
    The Canucks were really swinging for the fences on this one. After making the smart move to acquire a pick by moving down, they put a bet on a dimunitive skilled player from Russia. This reminds me a little of drafting Petrus Palmu, but checking out Artyom Manukyan‘s stats from the last couple of years is a very different story.

Both players were drafted in their 20-year-old seasons and are 5’7″ in height. The similarities end there as Manukyan is really on the light side at 139 lbs. For some of you that may have you asking questions. I always root for smaller players, but Manukyan is really small. At least Palmu was built like a firetruck, but for Manukyan, I don’t think that takes away from his skill."
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Pro

the second and third picks are a bit of a surprise and the local pundits are questioning them. Particularly why they passed on Wise for Madden - hopefully this is another Benning win.

I to like the later picks, the league is going to speed so we continue to see more of the small players.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Why did Benning look like a Vampire on Friday night??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Why did Benning look like a Vampire on Friday night??
    he always looks like a vampire.

Hughes fell in Van's lap, he again went pure highest offensive ceiling with that first pick. Woo's also a really solid pick.

I get the feeling Benning just takes Judd Brackett's advice when drafting NCAA prospects and he obviously had Maddon above Wise on his ranking list. I would really reserve making a decision on this pick Maddon vs. Wise for 2-3 more years. Then we'll see... how good/bad this one was.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Jet Woo should bring a bunch of fans out in Vancouver.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Time will tell if Woo was the right choice at #2. Personally I was hoping they would've picked Bode Wilde. He was projected to go in the middle of round 1 and was still on the table when the Canucks made their 2nd pick. I'm curious what they saw in Woo to rank him ahead of Wilde.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...11-bode-wilde/
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post
    Time will tell if Woo was the right choice at #2. Personally I was hoping they would've picked Bode Wilde. He was projected to go in the middle of round 1 and was still on the table when the Canucks made their 2nd pick. I'm curious what they saw in Woo to rank him ahead of Wilde.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...11-bode-wilde/
    Benning's MO last year and this was pure upside. Likely he took Woo because he saw him as a higher ceiling offensive Dman. Wilde could become more of a Trouba style - all around Dman, which is also invaluable, but Benning is clearly trying to stock the prospect cupboard with the highest end potential players possible (Hughes/Woo sadly lacking in this prospect pool for decades)

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Benning's MO last year and this was pure upside. Likely he took Woo because he saw him as a higher ceiling offensive Dman. Wilde could become more of a Trouba style - all around Dman, which is also invaluable, but Benning is clearly trying to stock the prospect cupboard with the highest end potential players possible (Hughes/Woo sadly lacking in this prospect pool for decades)
    I'm sure you're right on Bennings intentions. I just haven't read or seen anything that would indicate that Woo has the higher offensive ceiling.
    12 team Keeper League.
    Skaters 1pt G/A,

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Benning should not be allowed to sign Free agents period. I understand that he needs to fill the roster with players, but he always gets owned on the term and dollar value. We have 1 top line and 3 fourth lines. The worst part is all the 4th liners are making 2nd line money.
    12 team Keeper League.
    Skaters 1pt G/A,

Forwards

Defence

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post
    Benning should not be allowed to sign Free agents period. I understand that he needs to fill the roster with players, but he always gets owned on the term and dollar value. We have 1 top line and 3 fourth lines. The worst part is all the 4th liners are making 2nd line money.
    I don't know, other than the term being kinda long (2-3 would have been better), signing legit 3rd liners in Roussel and Beagle who bring a lot to the team in terms of effort and grit will make the team better. They have some skilled players coming up and will need the grit. Also, I'm confident they will sign Virtanen. The team seems to be putting some players in place. The future isn't as dark as some might have thought when the Sedins exited.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

way to much salary and term, but how else do you get vets to sign up to play for team tank.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Genius

These deals were horrible. I would of rather signed the players the Oilers did on 1-2 year deals. Handing out term to aging 3rd/4th liners? For one, a player like Beagle is a 4th line center that you can find on the scrap heap any given year for 1.1 million. Same with Roussel. Look at the Capitals signing DSP last year, that is the kind of player you pick up for grit on a 1 year deal for cheap. Then instead of Beagle get a guy like Brodziak on a two year super cheap deal. I have no idea what there thinking. I would bet anyone that these deals turn out horrible in the end and possible as soon as this year.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    These deals were horrible. I would of rather signed the players the Oilers did on 1-2 year deals. Handing out term to aging 3rd/4th liners? For one, a player like Beagle is a 4th line center that you can find on the scrap heap any given year for 1.1 million. Same with Roussel. Look at the Capitals signing DSP last year, that is the kind of player you pick up for grit on a 1 year deal for cheap. Then instead of Beagle get a guy like Brodziak on a two year super cheap deal. I have no idea what there thinking. I would bet anyone that these deals turn out horrible in the end and possible as soon as this year.
    The Canucks right now are not a desired location to land talent. Period. They must overpay in $$ and term to convince players to come - they know they won't be competing or in the playoffs for 2+ years.

With Hughes, Pettersson, Juolevi, Dahlen.. and even Lind, Foo - this team is thin and small. They need grit. Too many comments about them being too easy to play against.

Let's be realistic here... none of these contracts matter. At all. Why? because this team is going to suck this year.. and suck a bit less next year. in 2020/21 - that's when they will be on the cusp of the playoffs. and then these deals are almost off the books, they're a strong veteran presence in a very young locker room.

It will be okay.

In 4 years, Ericksson, Beagle, Sutter, Gagner, Roussel, Edler, Gudbrannson will all be off the books. It looks like shit now... and it is. But if you're in this as a life-long fan and are praying for a rebuild ala-Maple Leafs.. you've just improved your Jack Hughes odds by a solid 10%.

This is a long term SLOW rebuild that makes no sense to 99.999% of people, but it is how they are trending.

5 things matter & to hope for this year if you are a Canuck fan

1. finish dead last and pray for Jack Hughes
    2. Boeser is healthy all season
    3. Pettersson adjusts well & stays healthy
    4. Demko begins to emerge.
    5. Del Zotto, Gagner, Sutter, Edler, Tanev - at least 2 get traded by the deadline.

Those rose coloured glasses? Smash them, step on them & then incinerate them. There will be pain.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The Canucks right now are not a desired location to land talent. Period. They must overpay in $$ and term to convince players to come - they know they won't be competing or in the playoffs for 2+ years.

With Hughes, Pettersson, Juolevi, Dahlen.. and even Lind, Foo - this team is thin and small. They need grit. Too many comments about them being too easy to play against.

Let's be realistic here... none of these contracts matter. At all. Why? because this team is going to suck this year.. and suck a bit less next year. in 2020/21 - that's when they will be on the cusp of the playoffs. and then these deals are almost off the books, they're a strong veteran presence in a very young locker room.

It will be okay.

In 4 years, Ericksson, Beagle, Sutter, Gagner, Roussel, Edler, Gudbrannson will all be off the books. It looks like shit now... and it is. But if you're in this as a life-long fan and are praying for a rebuild ala-Maple Leafs.. you've just improved your Jack Hughes odds by a solid 10%.

This is a long term SLOW rebuild that makes no sense to 99.999% of people, but it is how they are trending.

5 things matter & to hope for this year if you are a Canuck fan

1. finish dead last and pray for Jack Hughes
    2. Boeser is healthy all season
    3. Pettersson adjusts well & stays healthy
    4. Demko begins to emerge.
    5. Del Zotto, Gagner, Sutter, Edler, Tanev - at least 2 get traded by the deadline.

Those rose coloured glasses? Smash them, step on them & then incinerate them. There will be pain.
    I will say this about Vancouver; if you cannot attract free agents to come, you better be drafting well and have some good kids coming up the pipe. The Canucks are building from the inside and are doing that well. They have a good stable of young kids coming along.

The problem is going to come along by giving out these four year contracts that they will start blocking those kids from coming up. Smart in some ways, dumb in others.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."