Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Ha! I wanna know what it used to say...
    Lol my buddy opened up my safari and I had it on this page on your Schneider predictions...and he quoted it and said "cool story brah"

haha
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Lol my buddy opened up my safari and I had it on this page on your Schneider predictions...and he quoted it and said "cool story brah"

haha
    Tell him I'm disappointed.. was hoping for something much better...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Tell him I'm disappointed.. was hoping for something much better...
    Oh I will, and don't worry i gave him a shot in the arm too haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good notes Ryan & bOn on the "Let's take a night to sit back and take a breath after running at redline RPM's for a month" game.

Ryan, I respectfully disagree on waiting for Edler to wait until the playoffs. From what I've heard, his recovery has been ahead of schedule and they even had to hold him back in his rehab workouts because he was feeling so good. Apparently he has looked great in practice but his game timing is in question, so I think getting a game or 2 in to re-establish timing is critical to be ready for a playoff series. Dropping into a playoff game after 2 months off is more risky IMHO.

However, I agree with your sentiment, don't rush him. One thing about it, I trust the organization to make the right call. They've proven to me that they put the health of the player first so if we see him for the last couple of games then that answers that question for me.

As for the note on Sauve, yeah he looked rough, but if there's a good time to get some more experience and learning in, I suppose there's no better time than now.

In regards to the loss, I'm cool with it, as it can be a way to refocus for the upcoming gauntlet.

Dobber Sports Sage

Great news out of vancouver's camp today. Alex Edler will play on thursday. Huge for the team and for Edler to be in game shape for the playoffs. Sounds like he's 100%.

Dan Hamhuis has returned to practice today and Malhotra has been showing up periodically. Some big boosts for the team, should inspire the team to the third round

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Courtesy of Angus' twitter feed it sounds as though doctor's that Malhotra has seen have nothing but positive things to say about his expected recovery. They agree that his outlook towards a return to hockey is indeed a possibility, which wasn't so much so before he went under the knife. This is one of those "successful surgeries" you can actually praise as successful. Here's to hoping!

Aaron Rome's hit on Smid in the Oilers game was #1 on NHL.com. Big week for Rome with a goal and a #1 hit!

Daniel Sedin was named the 2nd star of the month, splitting number 1 Corey Perry and number 3 Pekker Ineh

Apparently a lackluster effort by the Canucks in practice today prompted AV to end it early - as AI would put it "prack-tiss? prack-tiss?? I mean, if this wussah game... but PRACK-tiss???"

AV in consideration for Jack Adams award, which fully expected, being the 1st time in team history they claim the President's trophy... I don't think he'd be my choice but I wouldn't argue.
    Last edited by ridinryan44; April 5, 2011 at 2:33 AM.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCanadianTeams View Post
    Good notes Ryan & bOn on the "Let's take a night to sit back and take a breath after running at redline RPM's for a month" game.

Ryan, I respectfully disagree on waiting for Edler to wait until the playoffs. From what I've heard, his recovery has been ahead of schedule and they even had to hold him back in his rehab workouts because he was feeling so good. Apparently he has looked great in practice but his game timing is in question, so I think getting a game or 2 in to re-establish timing is critical to be ready for a playoff series. Dropping into a playoff game after 2 months off is more risky IMHO.

However, I agree with your sentiment, don't rush him. One thing about it, I trust the organization to make the right call. They've proven to me that they put the health of the player first so if we see him for the last couple of games then that answers that question for me.

As for the note on Sauve, yeah he looked rough, but if there's a good time to get some more experience and learning in, I suppose there's no better time than now.

In regards to the loss, I'm cool with it, as it can be a way to refocus for the upcoming gauntlet.
    I can't disagree with anything here. The only reason I'd rather see him sit is if there was any sort of inkling that he wasn't 100%. I, too, agree that management would not rush him as it would serve no real purpose. A couple of games to get his feet underneath him is a great idea, granted he's completely healthy.

Boy, would it be nice to have both Edler and Hammy back for playoffs. Help ease the disappointment of losing Manny who was having a career year, IMO.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Talking

Samuelsson was practicing on the second line with kesler and Higgins today. Sounds like he may play tonight.

Raymond continues to center the third between Torres and Hansen. He had his best game in a long time against EDM. Look for his confidence to grow with his inspired play.

Luongo will start tonight.

AV is looking to get Schneider some more ice time. My guess is a Thursday start against the struggling Minnesota Wild. I'm sure they would like to see him finish the season with a win.

Sauve will be paired with Salo. Thank god.

Oreskovich has been returned to MAN. The fourth line is centered by Lapierre splitting Tambellini and Glass.

Nothing new on Hamhuis other than he's practicing

I cannot wait to see Edler back on Thursday! Here's to the league's best PP unit being re-united! Anaheim fans, feel free to comment!

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure what you think Ryan, but I have 2 thoughts on the consecutive losses to the Oil:

1) A good wake up call for the playoffs.

2) The real "win" was no one got injured - other than Raffi & Rome, not a lot of hits and hardly any shots blocked...and I couldn't care less. Anyone who does, please reference Mr. Callahan and tell me what you'd rather have, a meaningless win with Kesler out 3-4 weeks or get embarrassed by #30 in the league with all body parts intact.

That being said, I don't like them losing, but I can deal with it due to the points I made above.

My 2 cents......

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCanadianTeams View Post

2) The real "win" was no one got injured - other than Raffi & Rome, not a lot of hits and hardly any shots blocked...and I couldn't care less. Anyone who does, please reference Mr. Callahan and tell me what you'd rather have, a meaningless win with Kesler out 3-4 weeks or get embarrassed by #30 in the league with all body parts intact.

That being said, I don't like them losing, but I can deal with it due to the points I made above.
    Couldn't agree more. I hate the idea of "taking it easy" but this is a business after all. I'm not sure if I'm trying to make myself feel better, but they way the played looked eerily similar to the tortoise and the hare. There was little to no urgency, and little physicality. I didn't catch the whole game, but what I did see was boring and slow. I wouldn't doubt that AV has instructed the boys to "take things easy." No reason to sustain an injury now... we've had our fair share. I don't like it, but I understand it.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey guys don't know if you have seen this yet but Malhotra issued a statement on the Nucks website.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|VAN|home

Sounds like he's optimistic, glad to hear that he thinks things will work out.

Edit: Also, I totally didn't notice but Schneider was in for the final 30 seconds of the game last night?
    http://www.theprovince.com/business/...335/story.html

Looks like he'll likely get the start tomorrow to get the 25 games in.
    Last edited by bondon; April 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nice find bOndon, classy move by the coaches to get Cory's name on the Jennings if they manage to win it (hope, hope), he definitely deserves to share in the recognition.

Dobber Sports Sage

Alex Edler will indeed be playing toinght! Finally excited for one of the last few games of the season! Tonight will be a good indication on how quickly Edler can return to form from a pretty major injury. Hopefully he can draw in like Salo does and make an immediate impact.

Hamhuis should be available for playoffs and could potentially draw into a game before the end of the season.

Both Tanev and Lee Sweatt remain unavailable due to injuries.

Andrew Alberts is nearing a return, but is not 100% yet.

Lines will remain the same as last game. The Raymond experiment at center will continue.

Could be a pretty inspired game tonight if Schneider gets the start. If Vancouver can maintain the lowest goals against total (6 less than the Bruins) then Shcneider can have his name included on the Jennings award. Leftwinglock has Schneider scheduled to start, and canucks.com seems to be suggesting the same. No official word yet, though. I do see Schneids getting the start.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

AV is reporting that Hamhuis is symptom-free. Ridiculously good news for Vancouver's playoff aspirations. It was gonna be tough to lose our two best defensive spe******ts in Malhotra and Hamhuis. Getting hammy back on the PK is a big addition.

Oh boy. Playoffs couldn't start any sooner!

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

AV is reporting that Hamhuis is symptom-free. Ridiculously good news for Vancouver's playoff aspirations. It was gonna be tough to lose our two best defensive spe******ts in Malhotra and Hamhuis. Getting hammy back on the PK is a big addition.

Oh boy. Playoffs couldn't start any sooner!

Couldn't agree more Ryan. Nice to see a strong effort to get the confidence back, in particular for Kesler, Raymond & Louuuu. Best of all, no injuries

Tough to swallow Raffi's 4 games, but Loch had an interesting conspiracy theory that this could be another good rallying point for the 'nucks, an us vs them kind of motivation. A stretch, I know, but fun to contemplate in light of the suspension, which seems extreme for the act. That said, if they treat similar situations the same from now on, then I'm ok with it.

A really classy touch last night was the unveiling of Roger Nielson's statue commemorating the white towel raising in '82 vs, you guessed it...Chicago. A defining moment in the teams history and a great tribute to a legend.

An add on to Angus' ramblings, I agree on his opinion of Edler, as an observer, the back looks fine and he didn't look hesitant at all. Aside from a few mis-steps early on where he lost position defensively, he looked solid and played 19 minutes, even throwing some decent hits.

Looking forward to Saturday to see if Hank can pass Mr.Perry....
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,