Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 77 78 79 80 81 82
Results 1,216 to 1,223 of 1223

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Looking at the wild card I think they have a shot. I don't think their better then Calgary but I put them in the same breath as San Jose and Edmonton. More so Edmonton who is benefiting from the same schedule and some unsustainable play. As much as I agree one more year and one more top pick would of been better, with the Miller trade, I think it's important to make the playoffs this year and get rid of that 1st round pick, instead of going into next year knowing if things go wrong and your lottery team your screwed.
    ESPN Keeper league (6) (12 team) A, G, Points, PPP, +/-, SOG, PIM, HITS, W, GAA, SV%

Centers: [ E.Malkin, Couture, Getzlaf, Kadri
    Left Wingers: A.Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Aho, Kreider
    Right Wingers: P.Laine, ROR, DeBrincat, Keller
    Defensemen: K.Letang, J.Carlson, Nurse, Pulock, Spurgeon
    Goalies: S.Bobrovsky.

ESPN Keep (10) (10 team) A, G, PPP, SOG,PTS, PIM, HITS, W, GAA, SV%,SO

Center: Crosby, T.Seguin
    LW: Forsberg,Pettersson
    RW: P.Kessel, [ B.Boeser, Zibanejad
    D: P.Subban, M.Rielly
    G: Binnington

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think they definitely have a wild card shot, especially if the goaltending holds up. A lot of nice pieces on this team.
    Like many, I thought the Miller deal was a little reckless, but he seems to be fitting in rather nicely.
    And I'm a huge Travis Green fan, so I hope they continue to improve as a club. At least enough to pass the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I think they definitely have a wild card shot, especially if the goaltending holds up. A lot of nice pieces on this team.
    Like many, I thought the Miller deal was a little reckless, but he seems to be fitting in rather nicely.
    And I'm a huge Travis Green fan, so I hope they continue to improve as a club. At least enough to pass the Oilers.
    Ive said it on the Oilers thread...I don’t think they have the goaltending to compete. They’ve started well but I think they fade. I think the Canucks are in good shape. I really like what I’ve seen so far.
    12 team Yahoo keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves

F: Matthews, Laine, Pettersson, Konecny, Burakovsky, B Tkachuk
    D: Carlson, Provorov, DeAngelo
    G: Price, Hellebucyk, Koskinen

B: Trochek, R Smith, RNH
    IR: Dahlin

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Ive said it on the Oilers thread...I don’t think they have the goaltending to compete. They’ve started well but I think they fade. I think the Canucks are in good shape. I really like what I’ve seen so far.
    This is how I compare the Canucks vs the Oilers.

Forwards- Canucks > Oilers
    Defence- Canucks > Oilers
    Goaltending- Canucks >> Oilers
    Game breakers- Oilers >> Canucks
    Coaching- Oilers > Canucks.

The Canucks have more forward depth but the Oilers have better game breakers. McDavid is the best player in the NHL and Drasatil is looking top 10. On defence I like the Canucks better with a healthy Tanev and Edler. That being said one or both of those guys get injured, then I swing it back to the Oilers. Goaltending I give a huge advantage to the Canucks, I think Markstrom will continue with his 2nd half performance of last year and prove to the hockey world he’s a top 10 tender in this league. As far as back ups, Demko might be better then both the Oilers goalies at this point in their respective careers. I gave the slight edge to Tippet in Coaching more based on experience and the fact that first year coaches on new teams tend to give the squad an artificial lift, see Willy D.

With all this being said I see Vegas and Calgary as clear cut better teams at this point. I think San Jose is better but they might of finally hit that wall. Their goaltending is awful and it’s hard to win like that. I think were clearly better then the Oilers and need to beat them to ensure we can make it in the post season.
    ESPN Keeper league (6) (12 team) A, G, Points, PPP, +/-, SOG, PIM, HITS, W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is how I compare the Canucks vs the Oilers.

Forwards- Canucks > Oilers
    Defence- Canucks > Oilers
    Goaltending- Canucks >> Oilers
    Game breakers- Oilers >> Canucks
    Coaching- Oilers > Canucks.

The Canucks have more forward depth but the Oilers have better game breakers. McDavid is the best player in the NHL and Drasatil is looking top 10. On defence I like the Canucks better with a healthy Tanev and Edler. That being said one or both of those guys get injured, then I swing it back to the Oilers. Goaltending I give a huge advantage to the Canucks, I think Markstrom will continue with his 2nd half performance of last year and prove to the hockey world he’s a top 10 tender in this league. As far as back ups, Demko might be better then both the Oilers goalies at this point in their respective careers. I gave the slight edge to Tippet in Coaching more based on experience and the fact that first year coaches on new teams tend to give the squad an artificial lift, see Willy D.

With all this being said I see Vegas and Calgary as clear cut better teams at this point. I think San Jose is better but they might of finally hit that wall. Their goaltending is awful and it’s hard to win like that. I think were clearly better then the Oilers and need to beat them to ensure we can make it in the post season.
    I dunno....

Klefbom, Nurse, Larsson, Russell/Bear vs. Edler, Tanev, Hughes, Myers

Hughes isn't at the level yet that I'd call him a golden ticket to slanting this D. I think at worst this is equal.

At least to start the season - Edm goalies are on par with Vancouver -- where they end up that's anyone's guess. I think you could make the argument that the elite level of Edm's top 2 forwards negates the depth advantage Vancouver might have.

They're both at best bubble teams this year though. Realistically, both teams best chance at getting into the playoffs is going to be San Jose struggling and giving up goals.

One also can't ignore Arizona - who probably has the better D than either team & equal, if not better depth at forward.

I'd put money on the Coyotes of the three as the team most likely to sustain a winning season & make the playoffs.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I dunno....

Klefbom, Nurse, Larsson, Russell/Bear vs. Edler, Tanev, Hughes, Myers

Hughes isn't at the level yet that I'd call him a golden ticket to slanting this D. I think at worst this is equal.

At least to start the season - Edm goalies are on par with Vancouver -- where they end up that's anyone's guess. I think you could make the argument that the elite level of Edm's top 2 forwards negates the depth advantage Vancouver might have.

They're both at best bubble teams this year though. Realistically, both teams best chance at getting into the playoffs is going to be San Jose struggling and giving up goals.

One also can't ignore Arizona - who probably has the better D than either team & equal, if not better depth at forward.

I'd put money on the Coyotes of the three as the team most likely to sustain a winning season & make the playoffs.
    I almost put them even on D. I put them slightly ahead though because I think Hughes has already taken that step and will continue to get even better by the end of the year. Just my opinion anyways. I will admit that I forgot about Arizona, which could end up higher in the standings then both Edmonton and Vancouver. Either way the starts these teams have had, is making it interesting in the early going. As they say in golf you can't win the tournament in round 1 but you can certainly lose it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Canucks need Virtanen to break out and a decrease in injuries (BB,sutter, edler Tanev - not to get injured).
    Canucks are getting some balanced scoring at the moment, the coilers are not.
    The coilers are screwed if McDavid's knee goes out.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Canucks need Virtanen to break out and a decrease in injuries (BB,sutter, edler Tanev - not to get injured).
    Canucks are getting some balanced scoring at the moment, the coilers are not.
    The coilers are screwed if McDavid's knee goes out.
    Agreed. I mean their is no denying there best players McDavid and Drastil are better then ours but if our best Players let's say Markstrom or Petterson go down, we have a lot better depth to weather the storm then if Edmonton loses McDavid or even Drastil for that matter.