Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He had a bad stretch in the middle of the season (around WJC) which was probably conditioning related but he was excellent late in the season and during the playoffs especially. I bet most people just haven't actually watched him this year because he's playing all the way in Europe where busts go to play because they're not good enough to play in North America...
    Your right that's exactly what I said. All players that play in Europe are a bust. Heck, it's like playing North American Midget AAA.... Come on someone sounds jaded from a past stereotype. Again, just a feeling I have and I think there is more then just me who thinks this way. Let's see how it plays out boys, time will tell. I just think him being injured leading up to camp will have him playing catch up again. Another year without taking a step forward can really bury a prospect. Look at Pouliot for an example. If you don't get your break within the first 3 years you start to get past on the depth chart fairly quickly.

Another year another draft of prospects and a set back moves the needle closer to bust.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Top two lines should be mostly kids. The signings are growing on me. But ya there isn't going to be many spots to grab, hope more moves coming down the pipe
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Top two lines should be mostly kids. The signings are growing on me. But ya there isn't going to be many spots to grab, hope more moves coming down the pipe
    I doubt you'll see moves until the trade deadline. Apparently the Aquilini's thought they were just a couple pieces away from a playoff team - hence Beagle & Roussel adds. They should HOPEFULLY realize how wrong they are/were by Christmas. For Canucks future sake - keep the as many kids as possible clear of this shit-storm of a line up. They have a chance to have a winning record and start building a positive culture in the AHL. Keep'em there.

Demko & Pettersson likely will force a few hands though
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Honestly, how long until Jay Beagle is bought out?? 2019/20??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

How long till you guys think Demko will start getting minutes? I dont see him making the big club to start but I could see him being a mid season call up. Any Nuckleheads agree or disagree?
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
    How long till you guys think Demko will start getting minutes? I dont see him making the big club to start but I could see him being a mid season call up. Any Nuckleheads agree or disagree?
    I agree with this barring an injury. He's already proven himself in the minors and they can't keep him down there forever.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
    Both Nilsson and Markstrom are under contract for the upcoming season, both making $2.5M or higher. Both will be in Vancouver this upcoming season barring a trade. Markstrom still has one more year past this upcoming one on his contract to boot. I can see Demko getting called up if injuries occur this season but I don't think he's a legit NHL goaltender until next year when Nilsson's contract expires. Even then, he's probably a 1A/1B goalie with Markstrom next year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Any predictions on Pouliot this season?

Is the bust label gonna stick?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I agree with this barring an injury. He's already proven himself in the minors and they can't keep him down there forever.
    Jan - I expect him to be called up and get some starts. He'll leave zero doubt by then he's beyond AHL .... an injury - obviously he gets a call much sooner. The net will be his by the end of the season & Markstrom or Nilsson will be sent down or traded fro scraps during the season to make room

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Any predictions on Pouliot this season?

Is the bust label gonna stick?
    depends on which definition of bust being used... bust - elite offensive Dman - then yes.

Serviceable 2nd pair that can QB PP#2 - then no, not a bust.

32-35pts with minimal periphs is what I expect.

Dobber Sports Ace

Lucafen, what are yourthoughts on virtanen? Can he be one a tom Wilson lite?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Lucafen, what are yourthoughts on virtanen? Can he be one a tom Wilson lite?
    He won't get as many PIMS (who does?) but not a bad comparison. However not this year but next I would expect 35ish points with decent pims and good hits. Canucks just aren't polished enough to drag Virtanen up into relevance.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah Virtanen is going to be a slower project. I don't think he's ever going to develop into the top-6 scoring type player a lot of Canucks fans were envisioning when he was first drafted.

Maybe that all goes without saying already LOL.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Both Nilsson and Markstrom are under contract for the upcoming season, both making $2.5M or higher. Both will be in Vancouver this upcoming season barring a trade. Markstrom still has one more year past this upcoming one on his contract to boot. I can see Demko getting called up if injuries occur this season but I don't think he's a legit NHL goaltender until next year when Nilsson's contract expires. Even then, he's probably a 1A/1B goalie with Markstrom next year.
    I?m with Axe here. There?s no rush to get Demko to the NHL and one strong season in the minors doesn?t mean he?s ready. He was certainly not that impressive last night against the Flames rookies.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I?m with Axe here. There?s no rush to get Demko to the NHL and one strong season in the minors doesn?t mean he?s ready. He was certainly not that impressive last night against the Flames rookies.
    Also goalie prospects are about as reliable as penny stocks.

Markstrom was the Platinum Standard Can't Miss Goalie Prospect like what? Four years ago?
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!