Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Anyone else think Cam Robinson is on glue about trading for another pick to draft a goalie? Definitely a bold prediction, I think they will need all their assets to bring in a top six forward and or dman.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

Vancouver fans should be scared to death moving closer to this weekend.
    The draft in town... Canucks wanting to make a big splash at the draft.

All of a sudden...
    Tanev who has no real value anymore is on the market
    Sutter on the market
    Edler talks are back on
    Eriksson all but assuredly leaving town
    Van wanting to move up in the draft - primary target #6 Detroit. Benning on the phone with Yzerman should soil most fans pants... If they do make deal... it will not end well, it just can't.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Anyone else think Cam Robinson is on glue about trading for another pick to draft a goalie? Definitely a bold prediction, I think they will need all their assets to bring in a top six forward and or dman.
    all depends on the pick.. if it's a 5th or later... meh... some teams take a G every draft it seems

Dobber Sports Monster

Would like to see Vancouver get Caufield or Podzkolzin. If they sit at #10 I don't think it will be terrible. If Podz or Caufield are there, take em. I see Benning said he wants primarily skill but if he could, also size.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The kid listed at #10 on the rankings Peyton Krebs looks like he could be a good one. Canucks fans that are more informed than me - who we lookin at?
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    The kid listed at #10 on the rankings Peyton Krebs looks like he could be a good one. Canucks fans that are more informed than me - who we lookin at?
    I'll actually be shocked if Van picks at #10. I get the feeling if one team moves up in this draft early - it'll be them.

If they do pick at 10. I think Boldy is near the top of their list. Same with Broberg. I also expect someone to drop into their laps most are expecting to go early
    Similar to last year. I think a couple ranked in double digits will to ala Hayton

They're looking at Det #6... have a feeling it hinges on Byram being available.
    e
    I do wonder if packaging Tanev with #10 is close to enough to trade up to #4 with Col. esp. if they're looking at Byram and see Broberg as comparable

Dobber Sports Pro

As long as they draft in the top ten and don't pick goalie in the first round.

thoughts on what would be the add on to move to 6? Got the feeling one (at least) of Stecher, Hutton, Tanev are gone.

I wonder if they make a move to grab a Callahan or Clarkson type contract for a youth sweetener.

I like the Edler resigning.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Guru

Sad that I have such little faith...
    I'd like them to take BPA at #10 (not reach for D), and don't spend on any stupid big-money UFAs.
    I do like the rumors surrounding them and Gostisbehere.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Classy move by Pettersson giving a shoutout to Jason Botchford in his acceptance speech. Nice touch.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Classy move by Pettersson giving a shoutout to Jason Botchford in his acceptance speech. Nice touch.
    that was a really nice touch. Totally unexpected as well. EP might be prickly with the media, but he's got some class.

Edler signed 2yrs 6m. - Nice job by Benning. what Edler gets paid on 2yrs matters not. Frees them from expansion protection and EP extension - cap issues.
    He'll re-sign after on another 1-2yr deal then too. Retires a Canuck.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Signing edler is smart i think just for stability and confidence among a youthful group. Depending on which edler we get he can be a beast! Not expecting the cup this year but i think its going to be an exciting year to watch the building a new identity and culture and having a vetran nuck dman like edler helps. Looking forward to watching Luke Schenn crush a few body's also next season.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Icon

Peter Chiarelli in talks to join Canucks front office?

Talks of Canucks trading for Lucic?

They must think bringing the 2011 Bruins back together will equal a cup. Next thing you know they'll trade for Johnny Boychuk and bring Mark Recchi out of retirement
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oddly enough I have a reasonable amount of confidence that management will make the right call. They've made some decent moves in recent years after a plethora of boneheaded ones. Other than the Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle deals I suppose.

Dobber Sports Icon

Oddly enough I have a reasonable amount of confidence that management will make the right call. They've made some decent moves in recent years after a plethora of boneheaded ones. Other than the Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle deals I suppose.
    I actually agree here. I'm pretty impressed with a lot of their young guys and they are trending in the right direction. Sure, they have some bad contracts but every team does. Honestly, I think the Eriksson signing wasn't bad at the time, he just wasn't a fit with the coach.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I actually agree here. I'm pretty impressed with a lot of their young guys and they are trending in the right direction. Sure, they have some bad contracts but every team does. Honestly, I think the Eriksson signing wasn't bad at the time, he just wasn't a fit with the coach.
    which coach? He's on his second with the Canucks. But I agree, he's just not a fit.
    Even if it is him that's the issue. If Van eats enough salary. He can still skate and fill a PK - checking line role.