Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I was going by the ISS rankings Axe posted... where he IS listed as the #2 D

Below is the ISS Top 31, highlighting the rankings for the top 31 prospects:

Rank Player Position Team League
    1 Dahlin, Rasmus LD Vastra Frolunda SweE
    2 Svechnikov, Andrei RW/C Barrie OHL
    3 Zadina, Filip RW Halifax QMJHL
    4 Tkachuk, Brady C Boston U. H.E
    5 Wahlstrom, Oliver C USA U18 NTDP
    6 Bouchard, Evan RD London OHL
    7 Hughes, Quinn LD U. of Michigan Big Ten
    8 Boqvist, Adam LD Brynas IF Jr. SweJE
    I see. I suggest using average rankings as they are much more reliable at this point of the season before we get Bob McKenzie's average rankings from the NHL teams themselves.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I see. I suggest using average rankings as they are much more reliable at this point of the season before we get Bob McKenzie's average rankings from the NHL teams themselves.
    These are the rankings that get listed/updated every month on here. If they are not reliable, perhaps we should instead be posting the 'reliable' rankings available. I also won't be surprised if Bouchard is the second D off the board due to his size, NHL readiness and 2-way game
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

These are the rankings that get listed/updated every month on here. If they are not reliable, perhaps we should instead be posting the 'reliable' rankings available. I also won't be surprised if Bouchard is the second D off the board due to his size, NHL readiness and 2-way game
    Average rankings are already posted here: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...draft-rankings

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh and by the way, if you Canucks fans want a better idea of what the Canucks should/could do at the draft, I suggest checking this podcast: http://canuckshockeyblog.com/2018/03/march-meaningless/

Prospect guru and Canucks fan Cam Robinson from DobberProspects joins the show to talk about Canucks prospects and the top prospects available in the 2018 draft, and I can highly recommend it.

Not sure about the other topics there, didn't listen to them. But Cam's comments are always better than most stuff you'll find from the Internet!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Canucks must be approaching some longest stretches without a goal lists. Haven't scored since mid 2nd period period 3 games ago.

Dobber Sports Genius

I am loving it. Finishing dead last is looking like a possibility. What does that mean, we can at worse pick 3rd or is it 2nd?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I am loving it. Finishing dead last is looking like a possibility. What does that mean, we can at worse pick 3rd or is it 2nd?
    I think you can actually drop to 4th. The first three teams are lottery picks are they not?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice a 4th pick! That's not bad for the Nucks.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thank you Vancouver for getting that final point by going to OT last night!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Thank you Vancouver for getting that final point by going to OT last night!
    The only positive about that point is that it bumped the Coilers down to 9th spot.

The draft lottery gods have never been good to the Nucks lets hope that changes this year.

It will be interesting to see who Benning takes this year.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

Rumours are that Tryamkin is considering a return to the Canucks. I found this link & translation of a Tryamkin interview on Reddit:

There is recent interview with Tryamkin about his return to the NHL dated April 19: https://www.sports.ru/hockey/1062396799.html . Here is translation:
    I will think about returning to the NHL when my contract with Avtomobilist would be over. If they will need me, if I play good enough that they would want to sign me. I have not turned over the page with the NHL for myself but this is not 100% guarantee that I will go there. I watch the NHL games, mostly with Vancouver - there is 12-hour time difference so I wake up, watch the games before my practice, this is interesting to see how the team is doing. Read reviews, follow the Russian players, how they play, who scores, interesting stuff. I keep contact with Kolya Goldobin, talk on phone sometimes, he is proving that he can play and score, I am happy for him. Sometimes the Russian factor plays the role, this is unavoidable. The Sedins brothers are gone, they have made huge contribution in the club history, the amazing people who played for the same club for 18 years. Now young players have a chance to prove themselves, and if Vancouver is lucky to get the 1st or 2nd draft pick, this would be very important because the club needs another young leader like Brock Boeser. The first two are going to be Svechnikov and Dahlin, both are very good players.

Also read that the only reason he went back to the KHL was family (new wife not adjusting to pro-hockey life) So went back home - only willing to play for his hometown team to settle things. He also signed a one year deal, meaning he is free to return in 18/19. I for one have thought most of the season he will return. This will be massive for the Canucks and fills a top 4 hole. 3 more to go.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Rumours are that Tryamkin is considering a return to the Canucks. I found this link & translation of a Tryamkin interview on Reddit:

There is recent interview with Tryamkin about his return to the NHL dated April 19: https://www.sports.ru/hockey/1062396799.html . Here is translation:
    I will think about returning to the NHL when my contract with Avtomobilist would be over. If they will need me, if I play good enough that they would want to sign me. I have not turned over the page with the NHL for myself but this is not 100% guarantee that I will go there. I watch the NHL games, mostly with Vancouver - there is 12-hour time difference so I wake up, watch the games before my practice, this is interesting to see how the team is doing. Read reviews, follow the Russian players, how they play, who scores, interesting stuff. I keep contact with Kolya Goldobin, talk on phone sometimes, he is proving that he can play and score, I am happy for him. Sometimes the Russian factor plays the role, this is unavoidable. The Sedins brothers are gone, they have made huge contribution in the club history, the amazing people who played for the same club for 18 years. Now young players have a chance to prove themselves, and if Vancouver is lucky to get the 1st or 2nd draft pick, this would be very important because the club needs another young leader like Brock Boeser. The first two are going to be Svechnikov and Dahlin, both are very good players.

Also read that the only reason he went back to the KHL was family (new wife not adjusting to pro-hockey life) So went back home - only willing to play for his hometown team to settle things. He also signed a one year deal, meaning he is free to return in 18/19. I for one have thought most of the season he will return. This will be massive for the Canucks and fills a top 4 hole. 3 more to go.
    They were talking about this on Sportsnet 650 this afternoon, although I heard that his KHL contract still has two more years to go. It's nice that he still thinks positively about the Canucks and would consider a return, though.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    They were talking about this on Sportsnet 650 this afternoon, although I heard that his KHL contract still has two more years to go. It's nice that he still thinks positively about the Canucks and would consider a return, though.
    Yep, it's 3yrs. which in the grand scheme of things is better for Van - in the all-in for Jack Hughes mode they need to go. Having a hole on D is a positive.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Canucks Re-signed Granlund 1yr 1.475 & are looking for a new goalie coach - Dan Cloutier has stepped down

Dobber Sports Guru

Hughes is an exciting get.
    Although after the F rush early, they were getting a good d-man regardless. Kinda would've liked to see a trade-down, but that was unlikely with most teams probably seeing the same group of dmen available.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev