Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

How good is this Pettersson kid?? He has some mad skills, wow!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

With Hutton no longer (apparently) a fat body in poor shape, what are your expectations for him this upcoming season ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

1 year into his 3-year, $9.45 million contract Sam Gagner placed on waivers

Canucks place Sam Gagner on waivers

-----------------

Here?s the Canucks? current 23-man roster:

Goaltenders (2)

Anders Nilsson
    Jacob Markstrom

Defencemen (8)

Alex Biega
    Alex Edler
    Ben Hutton
    Chris Tanev
    Derrick Pouliot
    Erik Gudbranson
    Michael Del Zotto
    Troy Stecher
    Forwards (13)

Bo Horvat
    Brandon Sutter
    Brendan Leipsic
    Brock Boeser
    Elias Pettersson
    Jake Virtanen
    Jay Beagle
    Loui Eriksson
    Markus Granlund
    Nikolay Goldobin
    Sven Baertschi
    Tim Schaller
    Tyler Motte

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    With Hutton no longer (apparently) a fat body in poor shape, what are your expectations for him this upcoming season ?
    At best he's a #Dman. Worthless in periphs leagues and only fringe in points only. Very similar to Pouliot/Stecher in terms of 25-30pt ceiling (well, Pouliot has a higher ceiling, but is it attainable anymore?). I expect him to be swallowed by the league this year, more a result of the team being overwhelmed as a whole. Feel bad for what is about to happen to this defence. So glad Hughes & Juolevi are not around to go through it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    1 year into his 3-year, $9.45 million contract Sam Gagner placed on waivers

Canucks place Sam Gagner on waivers

-----------------

Here?s the Canucks? current 23-man roster:

Goaltenders (2)

Anders Nilsson
    Jacob Markstrom

Defencemen (8)

Alex Biega
    Alex Edler
    Ben Hutton
    Chris Tanev
    Derrick Pouliot
    Erik Gudbranson
    Michael Del Zotto
    Troy Stecher
    Forwards (13)

Bo Horvat
    Brandon Sutter
    Brendan Leipsic
    Brock Boeser
    Elias Pettersson
    Jake Virtanen
    Jay Beagle
    Loui Eriksson
    Markus Granlund
    Nikolay Goldobin
    Sven Baertschi
    Tim Schaller
    Tyler Motte
    I think the bigger surprise is they waived Gagner so they could keep waiver exempt MOTTE. I think it says a lot about both - Gagner was awful and Motte was pretty good.

Now, the Canucks should go grab Connor Carrick off waivers. (scratch that... was traded to Dallas)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    At best he's a #Dman. Worthless in periphs leagues and only fringe in points only. Very similar to Pouliot/Stecher in terms of 25-30pt ceiling (well, Pouliot has a higher ceiling, but is it attainable anymore?). I expect him to be swallowed by the league this year, more a result of the team being overwhelmed as a whole. Feel bad for what is about to happen to this defence. So glad Hughes & Juolevi are not around to go through it.
    a #? dman ?

I picked him up in my sim league, so not looking for any points. Just ice time and a healthy full season
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

So they send down Gagne which is cool, but pass on Jaskin @1.1M?? (I assume everyone has priority over WSH) Heck, I would have even taken a shot at Lazar, give him a fresh chance.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    a #? dman ?

I picked him up in my sim league, so not looking for any points. Just ice time and a healthy full season
    #5Dman

- - - Updated - - -

they have no room for Jaskin. They're still on the hook for Gagner's contract as well. Passing on Lasar was the right choice. I thought Cgy was his fresh start?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    #5Dman

- - - Updated - - -

they have no room for Jaskin. They're still on the hook for Gagner's contract as well. Passing on Lasar was the right choice. I thought Cgy was his fresh start?
    Motte is waiver exempt, and whats the risk of putting Eriksson on waivers (not sure if a NTC protects him for that)?

And while I know its too late, he would be a cheaper version of Shaller with potential for more.

Dobber Sports Guru

Frustrating that signed Gagner. More frustrating that they didn't move him last deadline for anything (seriously...ANYTHING). And most frustrating that there'll be a similar post about Beagle/Roussell next year. This team is starting to show promise, but I have so little faith in ownership and management to actually take advantage of things.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Motte is waiver exempt, and whats the risk of putting Eriksson on waivers (not sure if a NTC protects him for that)?

And while I know its too late, he would be a cheaper version of Shaller with potential for more.
    Canucks signed Shaller before Jaskin was waived no? They're giving Motte a chance. He earned a spot. It would be massively deflating to tell him they've kept him and waived Gagner only to go and sign Jaskin and then send Motte down. If they think he's got potential... that would be the wrong thing to do. Although they could have waived 12 other players to sign Jaskin.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Frustrating that signed Gagner. More frustrating that they didn't move him last deadline for anything (seriously...ANYTHING). And most frustrating that there'll be a similar post about Beagle/Roussell next year. This team is starting to show promise, but I have so little faith in ownership and management to actually take advantage of things.

I mean we can all play arm chair GM and criticize but anyone with half a brain can see how bad these signings are. You don't even need to be a hardcore fan or someone in the hockey community. Like the only positives out of any of these deals would be maybe a better penalty kill and some leadership. However and this is no slight to these players but I don't feel like Roussell or Beagle will be able to mentor Petterson/Boeser for anything on ice. Maybe off the ice like where you can get the best steak in said city or how to get through security quicker at the airport. However these players are from different planets.

I have never bought into the 4th line Captain look at Ference with the Oilers. How can a guy who can barely crack the line up be telling the rest of the team that they need to play better? Benning could of got Brodziak on a 1 year to do roughly what Beagle will do and took flyers on guys like Duclair who might be long term options. Its baffling how they can think these are good signings.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

EP for captain! Kid has some serious skill, nice win tonight.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

Indeed:
    Happy new year, Elias Pettersson.

The Vancouver Canucks’ 20-year-old rookie sensation had a nice pay day on Wednesday, to coincide with a pair of accolades and his first-career hat trick, scored in overtime no less.

Pettersson was named NHL Rookie of the Month for a second time on Wednesday, hours before getting the call to represent the Canucks at the All-Star Game in San Jose later this month. Then he hit the ice in Ottawa, scoring his 20th, 21st, and 22nd goals of the year to lead the Canucks to a 4-3 overtime win.

That qualifies as a good day for anyone, but it gets even better for Pettersson.
    The rookie hit two performance bonuses listed in his entry-level contract on the same day, meaning he earned a grand total of $425,000 USD.
    Being named to the NHL All-Star Game netted Pettersson $212,500, while scoring his 20th goal of the season doubled that total.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/elias...onuses-canucks

Dobber Sports Sage

Not a bad days work for the kid.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):