Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Canucks need to find a way to move on from Sutter. Big buck for a 4th liner or even a mid level 3rd liner.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

That's $15M of AAV tied up in bad investments (Eriksson, Sutter, Beagle, Schaller). You could almost add Pearson to the group but I'm a lot more hopeful with him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    So, what do you folks think the lines shake out like? I'm thinking the top-six is pretty much set, but after that I have no clue how they're going to look:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
    Pearson-Horvat-Ferland
    Baertschi-Sutter-Goldobin
    Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

That bottom six I was basically just throwing names at the wall, but there's also Roussel, Eriksson, Beagle, and Schaller in the mix. I'm honestly stumped as to what they're gonna do about that bottom-six. All of these "extras" have three years remaining on their contracts and modified NTCs except for Schaller, which obviously complicates matters. Anyone have some insight here?
    Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
    Baertchi-Horvat-Ferland
    Pearson-Gaudette-Virtanen
    Leivo-Sutter-Roussel

I honestly don't see room for Goldy in this line up. His lack of consistent engagement is going to run him out of Blue collar Greene's roster.
    Pearson-Gaudette-Virtanen is the ideal 3rd line for this team, Heavy, 2/3 consistently responsible - esp. Gaudette & enough energy they should keep Virtanen consistent.
    Green also likes Baertchi - maybe too much - with Horvat. So I think Pearson drops down to 3rd line.

If they play Sutter 3rd line - it's a showcase to try and build value to trade him.

I've said before, I really think Virtanen holds the key to Van taking a big step forward. if he can become a legit, CONSISTENT offensive threat & play both his heavy and skill game every shift - not one or the other, with speed. Then Van all of a sudden has a top 6 50+pt talent and 30 goal threat.

I'll throw this out there two.
    In 3 years - Olli Juolevi will be this teams best all around Dman
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Signing Ferland tells me Jake is gonna get moved. Jake was supposed to be our Ferland and it hasn't happened. My opening night lineup is pretty much what MounD has. Eriksson won't see ice either. AHL to force him out. The bottom six is a bad case of plumber glut. Motte is also re-signed so...

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
    Pearson-Horvat-Ferland
    Leivo-Gaudette-Roussel or Motte-Shaller-Beagle

I just don't understand how GMs don't see the bad signings coming? I mean, most of us cringed right away at those deals. Sutter, Erikson, Shaller, Roussel all looked bad from the start.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Signing Ferland tells me Jake is gonna get moved. Jake was supposed to be our Ferland and it hasn't happened. My opening night lineup is pretty much what MounD has. Eriksson won't see ice either. AHL to force him out. The bottom six is a bad case of plumber glut. Motte is also re-signed so...

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
    Pearson-Horvat-Ferland
    Leivo-Gaudette-Roussel or Motte-Shaller-Beagle

I just don't understand how GMs don't see the bad signings coming? I mean, most of us cringed right away at those deals. Sutter, Erikson, Shaller, Roussel all looked bad from the start.
    Ya hopefully the Myers deal doesn't fit into that category.
    Maybe Louie will get moved after his bonus on the 15th is paid. fingers crossed.
    Shaller likely goes down through waivers. Sutter will get hurt in the first week and be out for the season. One more hit to Barts head and he is finished.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would love to hear some predictions on how many goals/points Elias Pettersson will score in the next 3 seasons, providing there is no lockouts??

2019/20:
    2020/21:
    2021/22:
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Ya hopefully the Myers deal doesn't fit into that category.
    Maybe Louie will get moved after his bonus on the 15th is paid. fingers crossed.
    Shaller likely goes down through waivers. Sutter will get hurt in the first week and be out for the season. One more hit to Barts head and he is finished.
    A third line of Roussel, Sutter and Ferland would create some havoc.

something has to give with Goldy Eriksson and Virtanen - just not enough roster spots.
    Potential guys that could line up with Horvat - Goldy, Bart, Pearson, Eriksson Ferland Miller

be interesting to see how it unfolds.

EP40's production is going to depend on soon they sign Boeser and how he clicks with Miller
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

The Magnificent One

As I said in another thread it’s preseason but cool to see virtanen pick up 2 goals last night in one of the games. good to see early production in a guy i added this summer. Let’s hope the next step can happen this year
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Genius

Sven Baertschi going on waiver. Brutal I would of waived a handful of other guys. Need people that can score on line 3.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

The Magnificent One

So what are van lines?

Noticing Pettersson no longer taking fows so maybe he is pained now with horvat?

Thanks
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Miller is taking the face offs on the 6-40-9 line.
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...&situation=ALL

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gotta be honest, I'm loving the way the team looks so far. The team has shown some serious talent and depth on both sides of the ice, and Marky is showing people last year was no fluke. The team has been resilient too with a couple of big come from behind wins late in the game.

I do think the team is benefiting from a lighter schedule this month, and i think these next few weeks are going to be a serious test for this team as they start to face some tougher competition. All I know is this team has been fun to watch.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

They're better without Erickson in the line up - that's for sure.
    They're not as good as their record.
    Once they play more of the top teams, I think we'll see them struggle in match-ups. Especially the bottom six.

Right now, Markstrom & Demko are the main reason they're in games.
    But when you gift 30 NHL teams a 9.5m salary -handicap (Ferland & Erickson) - that's going to turn into an advantage for the other teams depth wise sooner or later.

I think the biggest story to date is - injuries. Or lack there of.
    first time since Sutter arrived in town they've played this many games with a healthy line up to start a season.

The real key is that Horvat line being a nightly offensive threat. Two scoring lines is a minimum these days.
    Virtanen with Horvat & Pearson so far seems to be working. If Virtanen can become a top 6 forward consistently. That's huge.

But you look at that division: SJ, Vegas, Calgary, Edm - are they actually better than any of those 4 teams ?
    It's gonna be a dog fight for a wild card.

If they make the playoffs... then I suspect we'll see Markstrom a Vezina finalist. It'll be on his back they do it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Agreed, I also don't think they're quite as good as their record shows but it's a considerable improvement over last year.

Ferland has been pretty much non-impactful so far but Miller has definitely made this team better.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

I like Miller on that top line. Great addition.

That said. In making that deal Vancouver has put the cart slightly in front of the horse.

Meaning - they're making a playoff push 1 year too soon IMO.
    that's the type of deal they should be making in summer 2020.
    One more top 10 draft pick - especially looking at THIS draft.
    And one more year closer to being out from under Erickson.