Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Good to hear from you Lucafen, I know it hurts.

I dont think Boeser is suited for 3rd line duty, so some more tinkering may be required. If Brock was good in his own end then he should be in Erikssons slot?

While you are correct that they let too many shots go at their net, Markstrom feeds on it. Itll wear him down over the year but night to night more shots seems to be fuel for Marky. I think we agree on this point.

It was also mentioned we may lose Tanev, but that got me thinking Tryamkin! Willie D is gone and the Canucks arent sucking, and perhaps the Podkolzin pick may actually get Tryamkin to come back? He wont fill Tanevs role overnight but from what I saw of him he was a beast.
    They don't officially track this stat - but Tryamkin led the NHL by a wide margin in icings per game the year he played. Van media is rather sour on him.
    I think he's a really solid 5/6 Dman that will help anchor the PK and eat a few tough minutes. I don't think he's a guy that should see 20+min/gm.

From what I've seen over the past couple years he has always said he wanted to come back. I just don't think he was mature enough to have left home when he did.
    I haven't seen anything on a contract extension for him in the KHL to this point. That leaves him as a UFA come end of the season.

Van holds his rights. depending on KHL playoff exit - he could theoretically join Van at the end of this season. Yekaterinburg appears safely in the playoff picture.

Be interesting if Van sees an injury on D whether the call up goes to Juolevi or Rafferty. On merit, Rafferty should get the call first. But I can see some ownership pressure to get that 1st round pick into his 1st NHL game as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is how I compare the Canucks vs the Oilers.

Forwards- Canucks > Oilers
    Defence- Canucks > Oilers
    Goaltending- Canucks >> Oilers
    Game breakers- Oilers >> Canucks
    Coaching- Oilers > Canucks.

The Canucks have more forward depth but the Oilers have better game breakers. McDavid is the best player in the NHL and Drasatil is looking top 10. On defence I like the Canucks better with a healthy Tanev and Edler. That being said one or both of those guys get injured, then I swing it back to the Oilers. Goaltending I give a huge advantage to the Canucks, I think Markstrom will continue with his 2nd half performance of last year and prove to the hockey world he’s a top 10 tender in this league. As far as back ups, Demko might be better then both the Oilers goalies at this point in their respective careers. I gave the slight edge to Tippet in Coaching more based on experience and the fact that first year coaches on new teams tend to give the squad an artificial lift, see Willy D.

With all this being said I see Vegas and Calgary as clear cut better teams at this point. I think San Jose is better but they might of finally hit that wall. Their goaltending is awful and it’s hard to win like that. I think were clearly better then the Oilers and need to beat them to ensure we can make it in the post season.
    This is funny to look back on today. I feel for the most part I was bang on. Depth at forward has been issue with Edmonton and the Canucks goalies/Defence have been better overall. Edmonton's goalies have been better then expected but overall statements ring true.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Trade deadline: They could use a solid possession 3rd liner & a 4/5 shut-down Dman.

They can't keep burying their goalies with rubber. They're one of the worst teams in shots against at 5x5 in the NHL, if not the worst over the last two months. Eventually this Vezina level goal-tending is going to show cracks.
    They are also one of the highest scoring teams this season, which is a bit of a surprise.
    Got to admit I was not happy with the Miller trade, but he has definitely proven himself.
    Great to see JV breakout, the team needed it - his speed really adds to the top line - thats where Boeser's weakness is.
    I wonder if they are showcasing JV for a trade - I agree they could use a shut down dman - Benn is not the answer.
    JV or Gaudette could be on the move? They have Madden coming up. But what do I know I said they would never draft the russian.
    Frolik - as a third line rental might work. All depends on Ferlund's health - they need his skill set in the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the goal tending situation with their cap issues and the upcoming expansion draft. Marky is making a case for a raise!
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

Nice win last night, well balanced scoring. Nice to see Toffoli meshing with the top line and Stecher get on the board.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

The Great One

Also nice to see the Bruins get their asses handed to them. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer team.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

absolutely!!! Hughes for Calder? he's catching MAkar

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Vasili Podkolzin, Nils Hoglander or Jack Rathbone

Who to you think will have the biggest impact in the next 4-5 years?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Vasili Podkolzin, Nils Hoglander or Jack Rathbone

Who to you think will have the biggest impact in the next 4-5 years?

Podkolzin, even if it's not on the scoresheet

���������� Faber @ChrisFaber39

Vasili Podkolzin’s Corsi for percentage in today’s game was 93.8%.

I had to go back and double check to be sure it was that high. 15 shot attempts for and only one against.

Ridiculous numbers from Podkolzin.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

This but Hoglander might have the highest offensive ceiling.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

Yeah, I would easily vote Podz too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

What a fun run that was. How amazing was Hughes?

Folks on the canucks reddit sub seem to disagree with me that we weren't as good as the results we got, and also that we have some big cap problems right now and might regress next year before we really see some real improvement. I figure we're going to have to lose someone important due to cap constraints, otherwise we have to hope guys on ELCs are ready and wait for some bad contracts to expire.

We got outshot BADLY for at least 2 rounds. Vegas in particular made it very clear we absolutely needed impossibly good goaltending performances to hang.

I'm also a bit worried about Boeser. In my observation, his rocket of a shot is still there--we saw a few of them in the playoffs. But he seems scared to use it? I saw him at one point in close on net with a clear shot in front of him, and...he dished it? I know he's been injured a couple of times since his first season, but he's also had a bunch of stuff going on in his personal life according to reports from the Vancouver media (his dad, his cousin etc). Combined with a reduced goal total and shooting %, I am hoping this is just mental. The guy could be a lethal trigger man.

Our defensive game was lacking though. I don't think that necessarily lands just on the defensemen; I'm not the best evaluator of who is actually effective on D. But we can't be allowing 35-40 shots against every game and expect to win regularly. Markstrom and Demko really bailed us out.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

The Great One

I think they let Markstrom walk and hand the keys to Demko. That'll free up some space.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    What a fun run that was. How amazing was Hughes?

Folks on the canucks reddit sub seem to disagree with me that we weren't as good as the results we got, and also that we have some big cap problems right now and might regress next year before we really see some real improvement. I figure we're going to have to lose someone important due to cap constraints, otherwise we have to hope guys on ELCs are ready and wait for some bad contracts to expire.

We got outshot BADLY for at least 2 rounds. Vegas in particular made it very clear we absolutely needed impossibly good goaltending performances to hang.

I'm also a bit worried about Boeser. In my observation, his rocket of a shot is still there--we saw a few of them in the playoffs. But he seems scared to use it? I saw him at one point in close on net with a clear shot in front of him, and...he dished it? I know he's been injured a couple of times since his first season, but he's also had a bunch of stuff going on in his personal life according to reports from the Vancouver media (his dad, his cousin etc). Combined with a reduced goal total and shooting %, I am hoping this is just mental. The guy could be a lethal trigger man.

Our defensive game was lacking though. I don't think that necessarily lands just on the defensemen; I'm not the best evaluator of who is actually effective on D. But we can't be allowing 35-40 shots against every game and expect to win regularly. Markstrom and Demko really bailed us out.
    I would trade Boeser. See if we can get another top 4 D and maybe some cap out of him. He's not a driver of play.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I think they let Markstrom walk and hand the keys to Demko. That'll free up some space.
    I was listening to the Drance podcast and they were discussing all the cap-related issues on the Canucks. His stance is that Markstrom is a core player. While he is clearly better than Demko, the easiest way for the team to improve is to let Markstrom walk and have Demko become 80-90% of the player Markstrom is. There is just too much bad money the team needs to get out from under and Hughes and Petersson are a year away from getting PAID. You put Demko in the net and sign a 2B and use the small cap saving (Markstrom only made 3.6) to get another depth player. In another season, you get out from under Sutter, Pearson, and Benn and you pay out some assets to get rid of either Beagle, Roussel, or Eriksson. I know this is the obvious question but why did Vancouver pay all that money and term to bottom 6 players?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I would trade Boeser. See if we can get another top 4 D and maybe some cap out of him. He's not a driver of play.
    I'd think that is selling low on him. He's coming off an injury and pretty average playoffs. And if he has some family issues that hurts his play and his value. Wait and see how next season goes. He should bounce back a bit more. Not a good time to trade him and there is still a lot of potential - both as a player and trade chip down the road if they decide to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I was listening to the Drance podcast and they were discussing all the cap-related issues on the Canucks. His stance is that Markstrom is a core player. While he is clearly better than Demko, the easiest way for the team to improve is to let Markstrom walk and have Demko become 80-90% of the player Markstrom is. There is just too much bad money the team needs to get out from under and Hughes and Petersson are a year away from getting PAID. You put Demko in the net and sign a 2B and use the small cap saving (Markstrom only made 3.6) to get another depth player. In another season, you get out from under Sutter, Pearson, and Benn and you pay out some assets to get rid of either Beagle, Roussel, or Eriksson. I know this is the obvious question but why did Vancouver pay all that money and term to bottom 6 players?
    Because Benning.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: