Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Are Boeser Pettersson and Gaudette going to be the top line 2-3 years from now??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Are Boeser Pettersson and Gaudette going to be the top line 2-3 years from now??
    It's very unlikely those three would play on the same line. Boeser plays RW, Pettersson plays either C or RW, and Gaudette plays C.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think they will make pairs hardly ever consistent trios in the NHL these days. Boeser/Pettersen, Horvat/Sven, Guadette/Virtanten. Of coarse there could be changes to the pairings but you get my point.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

I can't wait to see this Pettersson on a NHL size rink.. This kid has some amazing skill!! Canuck fans must be excited for the future with Demko, Pettersson, Gaudette, Lind, Julievi, etc.. Looks like there is a glimmer of light at the end of that dark tunnel!!

Dobber Sports Genius

I can't wait to see this Pettersson on a NHL size rink.. This kid has some amazing skill!! Canuck fans must be excited for the future with Demko, Pettersson, Gaudette, Lind, Julievi, etc.. Looks like there is a glimmer of light at the end of that dark tunnel!!
    I actually think we will surprise sooner then later. I am thinking 2-3 years and we should be right back in the mix of things. Horvat, Boeser, Sven, Virtanten, Lepsic, the names you mentioned, whoever we get in the draft this year and cap space. I wouldn't be surprised if were were competing for a playoff spot during the 2019-2020 season.

I think were a little shallow on D though but if we could somehow but not likely win the draft lottery this year Dahlin would solve that problem in a hurry.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I actually think we will surprise sooner then later. I am thinking 2-3 years and we should be right back in the mix of things. Horvat, Boeser, Sven, Virtanten, Lepsic, the names you mentioned, whoever we get in the draft this year and cap space. I wouldn't be surprised if were were competing for a playoff spot during the 2019-2020 season.

I think were a little shallow on D though but if we could somehow but not likely win the draft lottery this year Dahlin would solve that problem in a hurry.
    There's a chance the Canucks could squeak into the playoffs in 2-3 years.. but for them to be 'in the real mix' to make some playoff noise - they need an entirely new D on that roster.

Juolevi, Brisbois need to be showing top 4 upside and be NHL regulars, they need a tonne, a tonne of help on the back end.

A lot of people say the Leafs flipped things around in two years. but they already had Gardiner, Rielly on D at that time - signed a 24yr old Zaitsev to give him 3 top 4 D the same summer they drafted Matthews. if those 3 pieces are Hutton, Stecher and Biega instead... they're maybe? pushing Florida for a wildcard spot right now.

Van needs so desperately hit a home run on this 1st round pick - if not Dahlin, then Bouchard. and get another 2nd round D steal. ... if only they had more picks.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Tons of good young D in this draft.. They have a really good chance too add to that D-corps..

Dobber Sports Jedi

Tons of good young D in this draft.. They have a really good chance too add to that D-corps..
    they have to. Even Juolevi is struggling this year in LIIGA. This is the area they are sorely lacking depth. They won't fill those holes via trade. There's been some rumblings Tryamkin wants to come back to Van... that would be a massive add, but really only give them 1 top 4 dman if you look 3 years down the road.

Dobber Sports Genius

To clarify by mix I mean competing for a playoff spot. I too see the deficiencies on our back end and I am concerned.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    To clarify by mix I mean competing for a playoff spot. I too see the deficiencies on our back end and I am concerned.
    Obviously #1 solves a lot of things, outside of the top 3. They have a tough, tough decision to make. I can actually see Tkachuk being a bit of a faller in this draft with Bouchard & Wahlstrom going ahead of him. Skilled winger, or skilled Dman or skilled Centre? Taking the top ranked Centre would be tough to pass up. Taking the second ranked Dman in Bouchard, will also be really tough to pass up.

If they're outside the top 4, my gut says they take Bouchard. Anything less than drafting 4dmen in this draft and I'll be shocked. There's a bunch of really quality Dmen in the 2nd round as well. Canucks could easily go D,D with their 1st two picks and still be taking BPA.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Obviously #1 solves a lot of things, outside of the top 3. They have a tough, tough decision to make. I can actually see Tkachuk being a bit of a faller in this draft with Bouchard & Wahlstrom going ahead of him. Skilled winger, or skilled Dman or skilled Centre? Taking the top ranked Centre would be tough to pass up. Taking the second ranked Dman in Bouchard, will also be really tough to pass up.

If they're outside the top 4, my gut says they take Bouchard. Anything less than drafting 4dmen in this draft and I'll be shocked. There's a bunch of really quality Dmen in the 2nd round as well. Canucks could easily go D,D with their 1st two picks and still be taking BPA.
    Bouchard is not the 2nd ranked 'D'. I think he's 4th on average right now but it's really close between him, Smith and Dobson - any of them could be the 4th D-man drafted right now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Depending on what they do with the Sedins (money-wise) and some RFAs, they might have the cap space to make a big splash on D as well.
    I'm mildly optimistic about the future, but wish they'd have shown a clearer direction at the deadline. There were players that would've been good assets to unload. And getting no picks hurts.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Depending on what they do with the Sedins (money-wise) and some RFAs, they might have the cap space to make a big splash on D as well.
    I'm mildly optimistic about the future, but wish they'd have shown a clearer direction at the deadline. There were players that would've been good assets to unload. And getting no picks hurts.
    I never thought I would say this but in Benning I trust. Granlund, Sven, Lepsic, Dahlin and some nice draft picks. Yes he's made some bad moves cough* Erikson cough* but he's got a good I for young talent it seems. I would rather have prospects ready to take the next step whether that be 3rd/4th line step then draft picks 3rd round or higher.

Having lived in Edmonton for the last decade and seen how they have managed there rebuild I am liking how Benning has done it so far.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Bouchard is not the 2nd ranked 'D'. I think he's 4th on average right now but it's really close between him, Smith and Dobson - any of them could be the 4th D-man drafted right now.
    I was going by the ISS rankings Axe posted... where he IS listed as the #2 D

Below is the ISS Top 31, highlighting the rankings for the top 31 prospects:

Rank Player Position Team League
    1 Dahlin, Rasmus LD Vastra Frolunda SweE
    2 Svechnikov, Andrei RW/C Barrie OHL
    3 Zadina, Filip RW Halifax QMJHL
    4 Tkachuk, Brady C Boston U. H.E
    5 Wahlstrom, Oliver C USA U18 NTDP
    6 Bouchard, Evan RD London OHL
    7 Hughes, Quinn LD U. of Michigan Big Ten
    8 Boqvist, Adam LD Brynas IF Jr. SweJE

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    this is such an awful idea. Ericksson is the only example I need as to why they need to avoid at all costs this strategy. Signing a UFA Dman is going to mean a %+ year contract if it's a big splash. They will need that money for Demko, Boeser, Pettersson before the end of said contract. If they do this, season ticket holders need to forfeit their season tickets