Thread: I don't know!! Am I crazy?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default I don't know!! Am I crazy?

So I was talking to another GM of a team in my Keeper league and he made a offer verbally to me and it really has me thinking. I don't know if I want to do it, tell me if I'm crazy. He offered me Lecavalier, Ovie and other. From me he asked for Stamkos, Gaborik and other. Am I nuts for rally thinking about this? Or should I do this trade as I am really have on Center and weak on left wing. Any thoughts? They would be great. Keeping in mind we have till the 10th to make a deal.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would do that deal. So no, you aren't crazy or maybe both of us are.

Here is why I would do it.

1. Good LW are and have for quite some time been hard to come by - and you are essentially getting one in exchange for someone at RW.

2. Ovechkin has tremendous upside and even though Stamkos is a stud - Ovechkin over time is likely to be more of a stud - so you get a stud upgrade.

3. For all his talent, Gaborik is just brittle and can't play full seasons so he is a constant headache for those that own him. Talentwise, he probably trumps Lecavalier and he is somewhat younger but I think they are essentially on a par for value.

So I think you likely win this deal 7 seasons out of 10 and so I think that is good enough to push on with the deal - I don't think we will see Ovechkin's price this cheap for several years to come.
    Last edited by Shoeless; March 6, 2011 at 6:13 AM.

Dobber Sports Novice

I was thinking of changing Lecavalier for Taveres. Any good?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by bear1441 View Post
    Yeah really good, but I think you might scare him away. Pretty sure you should be able to get something decent with Lecavalier.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bear1441 View Post
    If you could get Tavares and Ovechkin for Stamkos and Gaborik, do it ASAP.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Update

So I offered the other GM Stamkos Gaborik and Karllson for Ovie Lecavaller and Buf. He waited 2 days and rejected the offer. Where should I og from here. Should I make a move for D. Sedin? Or sit on Stamkos till the end of the year? Any opinions out there? They would help me alot.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You went for a D upgrade - you need to make sure that the other guy was winning that 3rd player trade.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    You went for a D upgrade - you need to make sure that the other guy was winning that 3rd player trade.
    agreed. If you want, you can try to change Lecavalier to Tavares, but then give him a huge D upgrade.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Novice

So out of my D-men A upgrade for him might be Erhoff Edler or Giordano? I'm not to interested in moving John Carlson. If I put in a D-man upgrade should I put a offer to another GM for D. Sedin too?
    Last edited by bear1441; March 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM.