Thread: M-A Fleury

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default M-A Fleury

Hi,

I am still trying to obtain an elite goaltender in my keeper league. I want would to know what you guys think of my proposition.

I am offering:

P Budaj
    B Seabrook
    1 Pick (2 overall) should be a player with a 80 points potential

For

C Pronger
    M-A Fleury

What do you think of this offer?

Thanx,

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:M-A Fleury

Robbery !!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Pete wrote:
    Robbery !!!
    Agreed. You are easily getting the 2 best players in the deal. I wouldn\'t accept it.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Guess I will have to give more. Thanx guys!

Dobber Sports Genius

You can give more or forget Pronger !!!

Dobber Sports Icon

I\'d forget pronger. He is my least favorite defender in the league, and is constantly over-rated by everyone in the media (as far as I\'m concerned). He has a great shot, and plays agressively, and is a huge asset to NHL teams, but I don\'t think he\'s the best fantasy defender (or even close)... lol.

Because of all the hype he receives, he\'ll be much more difficult to get in a fantasy trade, and you\'d probably do just as well to get a guy like Visnovsky or someone else, who will put up as many points [or possibly more] than pronger, and is much cheaper.

I\'m HUGELY biased against him though, because quite frankly I can\'t stand to look at him. I think he has an ass for a face, and every time I look at stat pages with his picture on them, I want to use it as a dartboard.

Anyways... I\'d drop him from the trade... He won\'t help your team THAT much, and you really need the goalie, so focus on that for now...

EDIT:

I really like Fleury though... Even more than Lehtonen or Miller, so if you can swing him, go for it... He\'ll be huge starting as soon as next season... In my keeper league, I\'m keeping him over Kiprusoff, just to give you an idea of what he\'s worth (in my eyes).

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/05/29 15:28
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

Completely agree with lanky on this one. You should get Fleury at all costs as the Pens are about to start their Dynasty (with Crosby, Malkin, Whitney, Staal, and Fleury, among others leading the way). My best advice would be exactly the same a lanky\'s, drop Pronger from the deal. He\'s not worth it. Try to get a lesser known Dman, or at least one that is worthy of all the media coverage
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    RWs:
    D:
    G:
    Farm:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Pronger is bound to turn his career into a mirror image of Rob Blake\'s, it will absolutely happen if he finally wins a cup. He will lose the drive, lose the edge, the heavy hits and shots will dwindle. He is going to be hurt most of next year anyway. Too much hockey for him..

Rob Blake hardly hits or shoots anymore. LA keeps Blakes $6 million dollar contract on board just so he can tutor Johnson. Ridiculous.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So I should offer :

Budaj and a good draft pick for Fleury. I will see if he likes the offer.

Thanx guys!

Dobber Sports Stud

Better be a pretty fine draft pick... if that offer gets you Fleury, I want to join your league!

Hey Zorro, your thing with Pronger... bwaaa? Anything in particular that makes you think he\'s washed up?

I\'m also a little surprised at how people are going after Chelios. We have players with allegations of domestic violence, that get arrested in nightclubs or for fighting police officers or for DUI\'s, that pull Domi-, Perezhogin- or Bertuzzi-like violent stunts, that refuse to participate in shootouts... and then one guy is too upset to shake hands AFTER the game and he\'s the devil, and apparently (his excellent play aside) he\'s washed up, to boot.

And if you\'re gonna say he was always a dirty player, you\'d better go after Messier and Howe too, cause those three play the same game. As for Nagano, we\'re assuming he was involved - maybe, maybe not - but even if he was that was nine years ago.

I suppose I\'m just amazed at comments like Pronger being this side of washed up, and Chelios being the other side of washed up, despite how incredibly important their respective roles this season are/were to their teams. Chelios was an incredible team leader, and Detroit would not have made it to the third round without him. And Pronger\'s in the running for the Conn Smyth, though JSG\'s staging a coup. Seems like both are doing their jobs to me.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/05/31 18:53
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with you Giraffe, but in my eyes for a keeper you want to go for younger players that are just about to or have just hit their stride, as opposed to players that are getting towards the end of their \"primeness\". Now thats not to say that Pronger is washed up by any means. I\'d still love to have him on my team, but given the choice (in a keeper league) between Pronger and a younger defensemen that is coming into their own (like Ryan Whitney), I\'d take the younger guy 8-9x/10
    Centers:
    LWs:
    RWs:
    D:
    G:
    Farm:

Dobber Sports Stud

I\'ll certainly agree with you there, if you can get a Whitney, you do so. And Chelios hasn\'t been fantasy-friendly for a long time, this is largely my responding to non-fantasy remarks.

But Pronger, for instance, is still the #4 guy on Dobber\'s Ds-to-own list for a reason.
    T.G.