Thread: [Landeskog] The Swedish real deal

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [Landeskog] The Swedish real deal

Great read on top prospect Gabriel Landeskog by Don Campbell

The Swedish read deal

Big Ev is going to LOVE this article
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; March 4, 2011 at 3:38 PM.

The Great One

he is a good fit on that team for so many reasons...I just can't see Ottawa not taking him if he is available

so that means even if Ottawa finishes below my team (Edmonton), at least they won't steal the player I want them to take (Larsson or Couturier)

Landeskog will be a great player in the NHL. Big, skilled, and he has the right attitude. I think his offensive upside might be capped around 70ish points, but he will still be a great player, especially for the Sens who could use a solid winger sooner than later.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I have a feeling that I am going to love watching Landeskog play wherever he ends up going. Great player. Better teammate.

Dobber Sports Pro

This kids really growing on me from an Oilers fans perspective. Sounds like he has all the intangibles you want in a star player, on top of immense skill. Still pulling for Larsson 1st overall but I wont be upset if we gotta choose between RNH and Landeskog.

ps. Damn you EA sports! I finished my first Oilers season in dynasty mode and I had 2 top 5 picks, Larsson 1st obviously, then I wanted Landeskog but EA has him rated like a 60 with limited potential so I had to settle for RNH.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Banned

I read the article on the weekend but just saw this post.

I will be happy with Landeskog but I prefer Larsson if Ottawa gets the first pick, and I would be happy if they pick RNH as well. Either way, a great player will be coming to the Sens. It is believed that Larsson is still ranked #1 by Murray and co., and Landeskog #2.

Landeskog is Mike Richards 2.0 but I think RNH has more upside and is definitely more of a threat on offence (but still good in his own end).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think the Sens should take RNH thus ridding the Oilers of the temptation and therefore making us draft one of the players I actually want

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I think the Sens should take RNH thus ridding the Oilers of the temptation and therefore making us draft one of the players I actually want
    I like that idea.

Unfortunately I just can't see Ottawa passing on Landeskog if they have the chance. And would Ottawa really take Larsson if they had the opporunity? I mean, if Landeskog or RNH are still on the board and Ottawa takes Larsson I'd be shocked. With Cowen, Karlsson, and Rundblad already, Ottawa needs forwards much more than defense.

I actually like that Ottawa and Edmonton are fighting it out for the lottery pick because, imo, both teams have different needs and "should" target different players.

To me, Larsson would be great for the Oilers and Landeskog is exactly what Ottawa could use.

But that is only my opinion.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I like that idea.

Unfortunately I just can't see Ottawa passing on Landeskog if they have the chance. And would Ottawa really take Larsson if they had the opporunity? I mean, if Landeskog or RNH are still on the board and Ottawa takes Larsson I'd be shocked. With Cowen, Karlsson, and Rundblad already, Ottawa needs forwards much more than defense.

I actually like that Ottawa and Edmonton are fighting it out for the lottery pick because, imo, both teams have different needs and "should" target different players.

To me, Larsson would be great for the Oilers and Landeskog is exactly what Ottawa could use.

I just want Oilers to finish 2nd last and have the Sens take RNH because I have this burning feeling that Edmonton will take RNH if he's available.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I like that idea.

I'd rather have Larsson over every D prospect we have. I think it will be very hard for them to pass on Larsson if they pick 1st. If they do have that 1st pick, they will either take Larsson or trade it if they can, which would be a solid option. Also, it will be much easier to take Larsson if the Nashville pick ends up being 15 or even lower.

Next year there are more dynamic forward prospects so they could wait and get one then, like Yakupov (although the Sens don't draft Russians anymore), or Frk or wheoever.
    Last edited by Big Ev; March 8, 2011 at 5:23 PM.

The Great One

I agree with your assessment of Larsson, Big Ev. And it makes some sense, I suppose, for Ottawa to take the best player available, regardless of position. Ottawa had made some picks in the past that baffled me (we won't get into those now because I'm not looking to pick a fight with anyone ), so it is possible Ottawa will surprise me again.

As for 2012, there definitely are a lot of dynamic forwards available (like Yakupov and Frk, as you mention), but some are calling 2012 the year of the defensemen, which based right now is actually looking quite true. There are at least 6 dmen available in 2012 that I would instantly take ahead of every defensemen available in 2012, besides Larsson. Not to get the thread off track, but 2012 is going to be a very exciting draft.

Banned

Right now the Nashville pick that Ottawa owns would be 12th. You could easily trade that to move up, or get a guy who falls, or get a really solid forward at that spot. Whatever happens will be a good move for the team as Bryan Murray and his scouts are fantastic when it comes to the draft.