Page 7 of 414 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Sorry guys, meant to post in here on Friday but things got busy and I've been working non-stop all weekend on the renos.

Anyways, a few thoughts on the Bruins/Leafs game from Thursday.

Schenn is an absolute Bruins killer. You can't help but notice when he's on the ice. He has an amazing presence both offensively and defensively. The Leaf's have their franchise defenceman and his name is not Phaneuf. When Schenn matures, he should have the C on his chest.

Kadri totally faked Thomas out with his body and stick movement in the shootout and his shot was perfect. He could be extremely dangerous when he completely adjusts to the NHL level.

While, I didn't think the Bruins played as well as they could have, the Leafs played the best game I've seen from them in a long time. They finally had the confidence that they've been lacking over the past few years.

Sorry, I know most people aren't thinking about this game anymore, but I told TK I was going to post a few thoughts in here and I figured better late than never.
    Thanks for the drop-by!

One thing that you mentioned is confidence. And this is a leafs team that has:

a) won in boston when they usually don't. Kessel also got the confidence to get points against the Bruins, scoring 4 points (2 goals) in the last two meetings in beantown.

b) Beat the Sabres in Buffalo

c) score on ryan miller (8 in the last 2 games)

d) recover from an early deficit.

So this has been a fun leafs team to watch, no doubt.

Also, Schenn is so great with the puck, he's patient, and is a perfect defenceman IMO.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

The White flag has almost been raised:

With a NYR win, a Carolina point, and a Buffalo win, the Leafs are in an awful position to continue their virtually impossible playoff hopes alive. In order to make the post season, two of the three things must happen:

a) Rangers go 0-2-1 or worse Their remaining games are against the Bruins, Thrashers, and Devils

b) Sabres go 0-3-0 Their remaining games are against the Lightning, Flyers, and Blue Jackets

c) Hurricanes go 1-1-1 or worse Their remaining games are against the Red Wings, Thrashers, and Lightning.

This is all assuming that the Leafs go 3-0-0 against the Capitals, Devils, and Canadiens. One loss and it's all over. Clutch time, here we come.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

It's all over but the crying:

With a monumental collapse in which the Bruins blew a 3-0 lead and gave up 5 straight un-answered goals, the leafs playoff hopes have gone from "very very very slim" to "virtually impossible" The Sabres must gain 0 points in 3 games, while the Hurricanes must earn 2 and the Leafs must earn 6. Likely? Not at all.

But for all you Leaf fans that want to continue to have something to root for until the draft starts, cheer against the Bruins and Flyers (ironically the two teams that f****** us over) The worse they do, the better our draft picks are.

I will still continue to do writeups on the remaining games, despite the fact that they have little significance except for pride.

Until then,

TK

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    It's all over but the crying:

With a monumental collapse in which the Bruins blew a 3-0 lead and gave up 5 straight un-answered goals, the leafs playoff hopes have gone from "very very very slim" to "virtually impossible" The Sabres must gain 0 points in 3 games, while the Hurricanes must earn 2 and the Leafs must earn 6. Likely? Not at all.

But for all you Leaf fans that want to continue to have something to root for until the draft starts, cheer against the Bruins and Flyers (ironically the two teams that f****** us over) The worse they do, the better our draft picks are.

I will still continue to do writeups on the remaining games, despite the fact that they have little significance except for pride.

Until then,

TK
    I really get a laugh about how passionate Leafs fans are. It was over a long time ago. The deciding factor was that guys like Kessel and Phaneuf only played well down the stretch. They may have put in the effort and I won't try to argue against that, but the results were not there. And in today's NHL that just isn't good enough.

At least they played well enough down the stretch to create hope for next year.

And BTW, thanks for the coverage. It's been a good ride having you in the loop in the NHL team coverage.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bruins always seem to f*** us. Haha

Flyers and Bruins eliminated 1st round - I like the sound of that haha

Standing ovation for James Reimer for leading the late surge to make our 1st round pick to Boston a little more tolerable. Good job Kid. Burke should be giving you a little bonus for that

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I really get a laugh about how passionate Leafs fans are. It was over a long time ago. The deciding factor was that guys like Kessel and Phaneuf only played well down the stretch. They may have put in the effort and I won't try to argue against that, but the results were not there. And in today's NHL that just isn't good enough.

At least they played well enough down the stretch to create hope for next year.

And BTW, thanks for the coverage. It's been a good ride having you in the loop in the NHL team coverage.
    You should ADMIRE how passionate Leaf fans are not laugh at them . At least we don't display our passion by burning cars and causing destruction and theft all over our city everytime the slightest thing goes wrong

I fully expect a quick exit for the Habs this post season especially considering Price has been awful lately as they head into the playoffs. I will reserve a tee time for the habs sometime around Easter. Us Leafs have some pull on the golf courses haha

Thanks for the coverage guys. It's not easy writing for the leagues most beloved (and hated) team

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yes, I agree with you Dean.

Dobber Sports Icon

TK, you've been doing a bang-up job on this thread. Keep it up and can't wait to see the passion that comes out next year when the Leaf's are hopefully playing a little better.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the Leafs. They were my favorite Canadian team as a kid and there may even exist a photo of me in a Leafs shirt somewhere. I've been rooting against them for two years so the Bruins would get better picks. I do enjoy making fun of them but that's because I have many friends who are Leafs fans and because the rivalry with Boston has ramped up the last few years. But I in no way hate them, that hate is reserved for Montreal.

Leaf fans never give up and will cling to any little glimmer of hope. I admire that about them as most team's fans would have stopped watching back in December.

Good luck next year Leafs Nation, it will be nice to see you back in the post-season (hopefully in place of the Canadiens )
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll add my sentiments to the ones posted above. Great coverage TK, thank you for the insight and obvious passion you have for your team. I support all of the Canadian Teams, the Canucks most of all, and understand how tough it is to cheer when your down ( I was still wearing my jersey with pride and faith when the Canucks broke their home loss streak record a couple of years ago). I hope this late push is a sign of things to come and next year sees a playoff berth.

The only issue I have with the Leafs isn't actually with the team itself, but rather the media coverage. In a year when the Canucks keep setting team records, night after night the lead stories are about the Leafs. So, in keeping with my moniker, it is a sad day when a Canadian team faces elimination from the playoffs. We need More Canadian Teams to make it next year, and I'm hoping extra hard for the Leafs. A fan base this dedicated deserves some success and it looks like the ship has been righted going in to next year.

Thanks again TK, great coverage and excellent format for fantasy purposes. More rep coming to you when I reload.
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks for the nice responses guys

Do or die tonight, let's do it!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Good job I guess?

Dobber Sports Master

for a game like this, play-by-play is needed

Kulemin gets his 30th goal of the year on the powerplay, 1-0 Leafs!

Dobber Sports Master

Ovechkin gets his 31st on a two-man advantage...1-1

Tampa up 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Tampa up 1-0.
    Not anymore, Bubba!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lmao this is hilarious, I don't even have to check the scores. I just keep hitting the "New Posts" button and if either the Buffalo or Toronto thread shows up I know something went down.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!