Page 6 of 412 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Hey tell Phaneuf the Sabres are supposed to win this game so enough with the scoring from the blue line shit!

And Kessel should recede from a fight faster than his hairline from a forehead.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Hey tell Phaneuf the Sabres are supposed to win this game so enough with the scoring from the blue line shit!

And Kessel should recede from a fight faster than his hairline from a forehead.
    Well stop telling Vanek to score!

and also, kessel IS 1/1 in fights...
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Is he really (Kessel)?

Leafs forecheck + sloppy Sabres turnovers = one long bus ride ride home for Ruff & Co.
    @SmittysRant

Dude Phaneuf just tagged Gaustad in the cajones...what's up with that?!?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

What a sloppy game from both sides eh Bomm?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Yeah I am not happy at all with the turnovers.
    @SmittysRant

Nice win, TK....Sabres didn't deserve that one. Hell of a forecheck those Leafs got.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Nice win, TK....Sabres didn't deserve that one. Hell of a forecheck those Leafs got.
    And thats why I love having mike brown for another 4 years

Dobber Sports Master

So, we live another day:. Gosh, is there anything else to even say? The Leafs went into the game with one thing in mind: win the game to remain alive, simple as that. They blew a lead, they regained the lead, and survived a late scare, but the Leafs pulled out a 4-3 win over a sluggish Sabres team, and an "off" Ryan Miller. Not one of their best wins of the year, but I'll take it.

Forechecking and Backchecking Galore
    Kadri, Brown, and Boyce were all stud checkers today. They forced turnovers, created offence, and broke up plays. All of this stellar play started with great forechecking, which included Kadri picking a pocket, stealing the puck, and leading to an important Toronto goal. Brown also was very relevant, forechecking in the final minute of the game to kill off some time.

Kadri-The Kid is All Right
    Nazem Kadri arguably had his best game as a pro tonight. He got 2 assists that created the goal, forechecked effectively, played defensively when needed, and was flying around the ice. Easily the best player for the Leafs today.

But you take the good with the bad:
    Often, it is common for a player to make a turnover. It happens. But in the Second period, Nazem kadri (with a defender up) tried to make a fancy toe drag right up the middle-wrong move Naz. It was picked up and started a 2-on-1, luckily stopped by Reimer. However, it was a small damper on otherwise a great performance by the rookie.

Speaking of Turnovers...
    Im not even going to go into detail on this. If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about. Carl Gunnarson just forgot the puck right in the slot with no men back, creating a very easy goal for Rob Neidermeyer. Bad game for Carl, one that he should easily forget.

Clarkie Back on track:
    After a small "slump" in which Clarke MacArthur only had 1 goal in 14 games, the pending RFA scored a goal and added 2 assists, playing a key role in the game today. Great game for Clark.

And now, every game is a must win. That starts thursday, when the Leafs travel to Boston to face Chara and the Bruins.

Until next time,

TK
    But

Dobber Sports Master

In an average game, where the Leafs did not show any "spectacular" play. A game with pushing and shoving. An emotional game with ups and downs, the Leafs Kept their playoff hopes alive Now 5 points back of the New York Rangers, The Leafs would have to go 4-0-0, while the Rangers must go 1-2-1. Likely? No. But they won't go down without a fight, and It makes me damn proud to watch them as a Leafs Fan.

Rosehill vs Lucic: Best fight of the year?
    In a fight that lasted over a minute, Rosehill and Lucic duked it out. No blocking, no holds, just punch for punch fighting. Amazing to watch, with no real winner, very fair.

Lupul Scores 2, but almost costs us the game:
    Despite Lupul scoring his 12th and 13th goals of the season, his game was somewhat overshadowed by a bad slash in the bruins' zone that gave the B's a powerplay with 1 minute left in Overtime.

But guess who saves the day?
    Tim Brent. Need i say more? Blocks 3 shots (including two Chara slapshots) to give the Leafs the much needed Penalty Kill

Kadri's Shootout goal is a must-watch:
    I'll try to find a youtube clip, but Nazem Kadri just pulled the nicest move I've seen all year. Too good to put into words. That shootout goal was the difference maker, as the Leafs won the shootout 1-0.

Leafs continue their stretch run Saturday, in a game against the Sens.

Until next time,

TK

Banned

James Reimer. Saw him for 60 mintues tonight and wasn't too impressed. Solid for his age and lack of experience, but his rebound control and glove hand are pretty bad. Don't know if the Leafs should rely on him next year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    James Reimer. Saw him for 60 mintues tonight and wasn't too impressed. Solid for his age and lack of experience, but his rebound control and glove hand are pretty bad. Don't know if the Leafs should rely on him next year.
    These are typical problems of young Goalies. And improvement is gained through experiance. But I love his confidence, quick reflexes & will to not give up key Goals. He also covers the net well.
    Not to mention the team plays much better all around with him between the pipes. Definitely have confidence in him.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    like sparrow said, he's young. Should he play 65 games next year? Certainly not. But he is growing quickly, and should have a good 2011/12 season. This was one of his weaker games, but he is still a solid goalie that displays confidence that rubs off on his teammates.

Dobber Sports Master

just a quick recap tonight, not much to talk about:

But the Leafs (yet again) keep the microscopic playoff dream going with a 4-2 win over the Senators. James Reimer won his 14th road game this year, and the Leafs had a pretty decent game.

Kessel Breaks Career Records
    With a first period goal, Phil Kessel recorded his 3rd consecutive 30 goal season, and also got his 61st point of the year, his career high. Congrats to Phil, hope to see the progress continue.

The "Power"Play needs serious work
    It's bad enough to have a measly 12% PP efficiency since the all-star break, but they usually take shots and create chances. And while we did get a Powerplay goal today, we had a 5 minute powerplay and got 2 shots. This is not a typo. Needless to say, no goals were scored in the 5 minute major.

Finally, not a Leaf note, but a hat tip to Jesse Winchester. After a vicious (and completely accidental) highstick smacked Macarthur in the face, Winchester made an effort to go to Clarke, give him a little tap on the shin, and apologize for the honest mistake. He did not argue the penalty, and the game continued on. Class act by Winchester, and has earned this fan's respect.

Until Next time,

TK

Dobber Sports Icon

Sorry guys, meant to post in here on Friday but things got busy and I've been working non-stop all weekend on the renos.

Anyways, a few thoughts on the Bruins/Leafs game from Thursday.

Schenn is an absolute Bruins killer. You can't help but notice when he's on the ice. He has an amazing presence both offensively and defensively. The Leaf's have their franchise defenceman and his name is not Phaneuf. When Schenn matures, he should have the C on his chest.

Kadri totally faked Thomas out with his body and stick movement in the shootout and his shot was perfect. He could be extremely dangerous when he completely adjusts to the NHL level.

While, I didn't think the Bruins played as well as they could have, the Leafs played the best game I've seen from them in a long time. They finally had the confidence that they've been lacking over the past few years.

Sorry, I know most people aren't thinking about this game anymore, but I told TK I was going to post a few thoughts in here and I figured better late than never.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".