Page 56 of 412 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Monster

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey

Maple Leafs have recalled Jake Gardiner from Marlies.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    I'm liking Kostka more and more ever game. His patience with the puck, especially on the PP, is impressive. I would like to see Carlyle give Gardiner and Kostka the first PP together.
    Since the end of last year, I've been saying Gardiner and Liles should run the first pp unit.

With the emergence on Kostka....adds another dimension.

Either way, I'd love to see what our PP looks like without Phaneuf

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
    Carlyle wouldn't elaborate on how Komisarek suffered his injury, but said it was doing something he regrets.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
    Eye injury for Komisarek. Out tonight.

Carlyle on Komi: It was one of those things that you’d like to take back in your life I think – when you do something stupid. It was crazy

Mike Komisarek got a fibreglass chip in the eye at practice yesterday according to Randy Carlyle.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; January 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

phaneuf cant hit the net. he's useless on the pp if his shot always misses. stop shooting so damn hard and aim dammit

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This was just from fantrax site. Not sure where the source came from.

"Jake Gardiner is still trying to work his way back from a concussion and is a "coach's decision" Tuesday night vs. Buffalo. Gardiner was originally assigned to the Toronto Marlies but rejoined the Leafs due to the AHL's All-Star break. Gardiner hasn't look like himself since returning to action and we'd be surprised if he was in the lineup tonight. Coach Randy Carlyle said returning Gardiner to the AHL later this week is still very much in play"

Are they serious! Leafs are playing awful Dion cant hit the net much like last year and there think NOT to Gardiner in?

Im so glad I washed my hands with these idiots!
    H2H, 12 Gm'z, 12 keeper,5 Farm,8 reserve's A,G,DG,Hat.T,GWG,PPA,PPG,SHG,SHOG,SO,W, D'z 2 points for goal one for assits. Plus PPA PPG for defence. Dress 9 F 5D 1 G.

J.Tavares,C.Giroux,A.Kopitar,E.Staal,R.Getzlaf,P.K essel,J Neal,B.Burns

S.Weber,E.Karlsson,J.Gardnier,M.Streit
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Farm: T.Toffoli,N.Bjugstad,D.Hamilton,C.Ceci,D.Pouliot

Keepers Set for
    Updated Nov 2 2013

I suppose this is my payback for my comments re the Leafs in my Sat Studs & Duds?

Fine, so be it...I can accept blame.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Yep thats what you get Bomm! If I was the Dman (Leopold I think) on that winning goal I tackle Frattin cause there are only like 2 seconds on the clock.

lines at practive today

Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran
    Leaf lines: JVR-Bozak-Bozak; McClement-Grab-Kule; Frattin-Kadri-Komarov; MacArthur-Steckel (No Orr, Brown). All D present.
    I really like the idea of JVR on the top line. I think his physical presence down low can open up more space for Kessel and Bozak.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    phaneuf cant hit the net. he's useless on the pp if his shot always misses. stop shooting so damn hard and aim dammit
    Buyout possibility or 1 more year at 6.5m? Oh how i hope.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Yep thats what you get Bomm! If I was the Dman (Leopold I think) on that winning goal I tackle Frattin cause there are only like 2 seconds on the clock.

Good point about tackle but with 2 secs left I wonder if a penalty shot could be called. Guess it would depend on how tackle was made. Interesting to check.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Why oh why can't the Leafs just lose.

I know I know ......but I want a top pick in the draft!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel50 View Post
    Buyout possibility or 1 more year at 6.5m? Oh how i hope.
    Buyout? PHANEUF?

Jeez, I knew some Leaf fans were idiots, but I thought they were elsewhere...
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can we just give Kadri a shot as the #1 Center with Kessel?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel50 View Post
    Can we just give Kadri a shot as the #1 Center with Kessel?
    nah, both like to carry the puck. bozak would be useless elsewhere offensively, leave him with kessel. kadri and frattin should stick together like glue and build up that chemistry.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Almost 20% through the season.
    Some thoughts.

1) I'm happy that I've been proven right, so far anyway, about the goaltending. Although Scrivens has struggled, Reimer has been solid. This team is so flawed elsewhere that goaltending is, ironically, the least of their worries.

2) Their defense, predictably, continues to suck. Badly. For the 800th time, Dion Phaneuf is not a top pairing d-man. If he wasn't so badly miscast, overplayed, and overpaid, I could actually support him being used as a #3 guy. He could actually be very valuable if he was only playing 20 minutes a night instead of 28. But for cryin out loud, get him off the #1 PP unit.

3) Similarly, Kostka is playing way too much. A good story, but he's a #4 d-man. And he's miscast on the #1 PP unit.

4) Nazem looks great. Frattin too. And they are playing only 14 minutes... why?!

5) Get a real 4th line. I don't mind fighting, but if they aren't good enough to play more than 5 minutes a night, they are hurting the team by exhausting the other lines. Simple as that.

6) People talk about Ovechkin's predictability. How about Kessel's?! Most predictable player in the NHL. Without Lupul, and within a new system like Carlyle's, it was actually fairly easy to predict Kessel would regress badly. And I predicted before the season that he would.

7) Franson and Liles should be playing more on the PP. Considering their struggles, why not switch them in?! Instead they keep rolling out the same unit and expect different results. Definition of insane.

8) JVR was stolen for Schenn. Unbelievable trade.

9) McClement was a solid pickup. He should never be benched.

10) Kulemin needs to find consistency somehow. When he's on his game, he is a force out there and he carries the line. When he's off his game, he is simply awful.
    Agree with everything you wrote. We really need Gardiner to get back to being the player he was last season.

Dobber Sports Guru

Well that was a great game last night ..... Man I haven't been that happy after a Habs v Leafs game in ages ...... The Leafs out hussled the Habs and they also kinda laid a beating on them as well. I thought it was hilarious that Meathead McLaren was laughing at Gorges while he was fighting him. I don't blame Grabo for biting Pacioretty, I would do the same thing if a guy grabbed my face from behind like that. Also Grabo was going after Prust, next time just let him go Max, Prust would have dummied him.