Page 352 of 412 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 362 402 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Your goalie market next yr:
    MAF - 37yrs old now
    Kuemper - prolly the best one on the market, but having a terrible yr
    Koskinen - He's a spectacle ... who knows if he's good or not. The Nicholas Cage of goaltending
    Griess - Back up
    Korpasilo
    Martin Jones
    Holtby
    Campbell
    Francouz
    Halak

There's really only a couple of guys out there, and if Campbell isn't re-signed that means he's making more than Toronto is comfortable with. So I would then say the next guy up would be a 38yr old MAF (if he's not retired), Koskinen who could be worse than Mrazek, Korpasilo which would have a lot of suitors, then....Holtby? If you aren't re-signing Campbell, you have ZERO insurance if you also move Mrazek.

Gotta keep Mrazek. Otherwise, you need to overpay in a trade like Colorado did and hope it works out.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Priority 1 is re-sign Soupy. You can’t do anything with Mrazek until you sign Campbell. Then you have options if you want to use them.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

The Great One

I’m sorry but neither Simmonds nor Bunting are NHL caliber players.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’m sorry but neither Simmonds nor Bunting are NHL caliber players.
    Agree with Simmonds, his best days are back in Philly. Bunting? Need more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

I would be fine with Simmonds play if he actually hit people. I know his hit totals are like 2-4hits/game, which is in itself good, but they aren't real hits it seems. I didn't really enjoy his re-signing, but at least his deal is able to be buried in the AHL without penalty for next yr but nice guy management, I have little faith that'll happen.

Bunting...he deserves to be on the top line and in the NHL. He's doing exactly what he's paid for.

That game reminded me of a mix of the Leafs 1st yr of Babcock and 1st yr of Matthews. Their speed and play took the Leafs by surprise (1st Babcock yr), but actually capitalized on opportunities (1st Matthews yr). Chalk that up as a blah game, but the stale PP reared it's ugly head again.

Dobber Sports Genius

One thing I'm having a big problem with is Matthews and his shots. With every shot attempt or puck possession he looks like he wants to score 50 times for one shot. His passing (non-evident) game is nil so he just wants to shoot all the time from anywhere on the ice. I mean I get it, he's a goal scorer but at some point your game has to evolve to include others around you. For example, Marner is a playmaker but I see a conscious effort from him this year to take more shots (even though my 5 year old nephew shoots harder) but he's trying.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    One thing I'm having a big problem with is Matthews and his shots. With every shot attempt or puck possession he looks like he wants to score 50 times for one shot. His passing (non-evident) game is nil so he just wants to shoot all the time from anywhere on the ice. I mean I get it, he's a goal scorer but at some point your game has to evolve to include others around you. For example, Marner is a playmaker but I see a conscious effort from him this year to take more shots (even though my 5 year old nephew shoots harder) but he's trying.
    It's funny because I don't think Matthews is shooting enough lol. I want that line to have the whole defense watching Matthews with 2 people because he's shooting so much so Matthews can start to pass more to wide open players. As much as defense watch Matthews, I want him shooting more to have the D overload vs Matthews to crazy open the ice for others. So I guess I want him to shoot more so he'll pass more eventually.

But Matthews, you can tell when he's fed up not getting what he wants and just takes the puck and goes 1 man army. Sometimes it works, others he shoots into the shins of D and it goes the other way and he goes HAM on trying to get the puck back.

Dobber Sports Titan

Nylander is having a season.

14GP, 7G, 6A, 13pt, 4GWG, 56SOG (12.5s%), 14takeaways, 4 giveaways

He's on pace for 328SOG, and if he stays at that s% which he definitely can as he's been around that the last 3seasons, he's on pace for a 41G season.

I think I heard it was the first Leafs shutout in Philly in 19yrs?!

The Great One

Leafs D will be a problem in the playoffs.

Muzzin and Brodie don't have 'it'. And Rielly is a ? too.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Nylander is having a season.

14GP, 7G, 6A, 13pt, 4GWG, 56SOG (12.5s%), 14takeaways, 4 giveaways

He's on pace for 328SOG, and if he stays at that s% which he definitely can as he's been around that the last 3seasons, he's on pace for a 41G season.

I think I heard it was the first Leafs shutout in Philly in 19yrs?!
    Yes and each day that passes means a little more coin in Campbell's pocket.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

This story is going around about the 2014 NHL draft with the Leafs.

It was Shanahan's first yr, and on the draft the scouting team recommended him draft this defenseman, and it was rumoured to be this "Gudbranson type". He goes up to the podium and says "we select Nylander" and comes back to the Leafs draft table. This is where the story goes 2 ways. 1st way is he comes back and tells everyone to start looking for a new job, the 2nd way is he comes back and says nothing. And that off-season I think about 13 scouts got fired. Or like the Phaneuf trade happened and then they got fired.

I don't know how true that story is because the D-men drafted in the first round were Ekblad (1st), Fleury (7th), Honka (14th), Sanheim (17th), and DeAngelo (19th). And Nylander was picked 8th so 2 of them were picked. The only large d-man that was available I think was Marcus Pettersson who went 38th. Now maybe the story is twisted a bit and the scouts told Shanahan to draft Nick Ritchie who would fit the old Leafs style (draft power forwards over skill), but if that's true that Shanahan knew who he was drafting and went against what the scout team said and fired all the ones that recommended the "wrong" guy then that's pretty gutty and ruthless lol.

Next part is, Shanahan wasn't on the stage for the announcement of drafting Nylander, it was Nonis. So this story is all but wrong.

But it worked out lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

Mrazek was re-evaluated today, and Keefe hopes he skates this weekend. I think this was more keyboard GMs making this rumour up, but Mrazek was being explored in trades...to Pitts was one of the locations I heard. I don't really believe this, I can't see them moving Mrazek.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Mrazek was re-evaluated today, and Keefe hopes he skates this weekend. I think this was more keyboard GMs making this rumour up, but Mrazek was being explored in trades...to Pitts was one of the locations I heard. I don't really believe this, I can't see them moving Mrazek.
    I can. To date the Leafs are fine and he's been a non-factor. Finding a cheaper back up option, which could free up 2 - 3M in real cap space - closer to 7m cumulative by deadline - to upgrade the aforementioned ^^worrisome defence is a really logical decision.

By trading Mrazek - if we get a G as part of the return at 33% the cost, what will be missed?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

The fanbase love you until you aren't performing.

Hold onto Mrazek, he's on LTIR. Just chill lol. Mrazek for Anderson??? Really...

He's also an insurance policy for next yr too when the goalie market is realllly bad. What's your negative right now about Mrazek? You're upset he's hurt? You know you could get Anderson for literally ANYTHING at the deadline, or for literally anyone on your roster if you're that upset with not having another goalie.

I think that's an NHL22 decision to move Mrazek for Anderson, and I'm literally shaking my head while typing this lol.
    it's not about Mrazek specifically.

It's all about cap-space & roster management

$3.8M could block signing Jack Campbell longer term.
    $2.8 - 3M blocking the Leafs from being able to acquire a Dman that will upgrade & solidify the D (subtracted league minimum to $1m for a viable back up to Campbell) - that has been - between Brodie & Muzzin & Holl, shaky.

pressed to the cap - you need to find assets you can move - create space - to upgrade weak spots in your roster.

Mrazek, based on teams current play is the most expendable asset.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Acquired Kyle Clifford today for future considerations

$1M & 2gp for StL this year. a bit more jam for the bottom end of our line up

Didn't think we would be able to fit Mik back into the line up due to cap restraints when he returns, not sure how burning $200k of cap space on Clifford being on the AHL helps.

Mrazek's set back clearly helped. Gotta think there's another minor move coming