Page 332 of 414 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 342 382 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Seattle CAN NOT select him if he has not agreed to sign with them. That would be a really weird relationship between team and player where they "protect" a UFA. Either he intends to sign with his team or he intends to test free agency.
    Yes they can.
    Vegas signed two of them in their draft (UFA/RFA).

EDIT:
    See 2014OG post, for also good info.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Seattle can sign a player in their early window and use that player as their selected player

AKA, Seattle signs Hyman and that's their selection in the expansion draft from toronto.
    Really... that is interesting.

However, if a player like Hyman is interested in playing in Seattle, why wouldn't he wait until free agency.

Then Seattle could still draft a player from Toronto, then Hyman signs there in free agency.

Kraken is better off because they have Hyman + from Toronto.

Hyman is better off because he has another option on an improved lineup.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Really... that is interesting.

However, if a player like Hyman is interested in playing in Seattle, why wouldn't he wait until free agency.

Then Seattle could still draft a player from Toronto, then Hyman signs there in free agency.

Kraken is better off because they have Hyman + from Toronto.

Hyman is better off because he has another option on an improved lineup.
    Because then another team can negotiate with Hyman, or Seattle can pivot and pick a player than puts Hyman and his pre-negotiated deal out of their cap structure.

It's the same risk of if Toronto offers him a deal, but can only be signed post expansion draft so they don't need to protect him. Hyman could get swayed by other offers.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

That would seem like a nasty move. I'm sure Seattle also doesn't want to burn trade bridges day one and get a bad reputation.
    Remember GM's rarely even do offer sheets. They seem to play pretty nice amongst each other.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Seattle can sign a player in their early window and use that player as their selected player

AKA, Seattle signs Hyman and that's their selection in the expansion draft from toronto.
    Correct. But that's entirely up to Hyman.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Yes they can.
    Vegas signed two of them in their draft (UFA/RFA).

EDIT:
    See 2014OG post, for also good info.
    Yes - but those players AGREED to sign with Vegas. Why the heck would Seattle select a player (UFA) from a team knowing that player isn't going to sign with them? That's just stupid.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Mitchell Marner will not be part of any potential roster changes the Toronto Maple Leafs will look at during the offseason, general manager Kyle Dubas said Wednesday.
    Marner not going anywhere. Not surprised.

The whole Marner going somewhere was fans and media making something out of nothing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Marner not going anywhere. Not surprised.

The whole Marner going somewhere was fans and media making something out of nothing.
    Dude yes. In no world is this team better off with Marner moved.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dude yes. In no world is this team better off with Marner moved.
    Its just crazy how the fans and media can make something as silly as moving Marner a thing.

Next we are going to hear something like Tavares should be left unprotected because he is old and not a good captain.

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes - but those players AGREED to sign with Vegas. Why the heck would Seattle select a player (UFA) from a team knowing that player isn't going to sign with them? That's just stupid.
    They will find that out in the early window. How loyal is Hyman to Toronto? Idk.
    But what I do know is Seattle will be able to offer him more $$$ than Toronto can.

Its just crazy how the fans and media can make something as silly as moving Marner a thing.

Next we are going to hear something like Tavares should be left unprotected because he is old and not a good captain.
    Marner being moved is ridiculous. Tavares has a NMC and has to be protected anyway.
    As I did think to leave him unprotected. Imo over payed for what he is bringing. That money can really be better spent on depth.
    Not because he's a bad captain, more like Leaf's need to diversify.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I have no issue with Marner remaining and agree, likely can’t win a trade where you’re moving Marner out.

That said, I don’t think Dubas doing nothing at all is responsible after a 3rd straight collapse. If I’m Dubas, I’m atleast listening to trade interest in all 4 of my Forward core. Nothing says he needs to act on it, but why wouldn’t he listen? Get an idea of market value. The core has failed to win anything since coming together. And the landscape has changed since JT, AM34 and Mitch signed North if $10 million. All those deals were made pre world wide pandemic and pre multiyear cap flattening. Not to mention no gate revenue over the better part of 2 seasons.

Crazy/Silly to move Marner? You may very well be correct depending on the return. Crazy/silly for it to be a thing? Not so sure I agree. I gotta think even the Rogers empire and MLSE may be feeling a bit of a crunch when so much more money is invested in one of their multiple teams which just happens to be the one with the least playoff success. And while the Leafs have been a cash cow regardless of success, two years of no gate and sponsorship challenges during covid can give a smart business pause on giving this management team the luxury of unmoveable contracts.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out this off-season given just staying put with the guys on contract can still see a turn over of a good chunk of their roster including 2 near full forward lines.
    Need to replace/design
    1. Gally
    2. Hyman
    3. Spezza
    4. Thornton
    5. Simmonds

And something needs to be done with Mikheyev/Engvall, neither of whom appear capable of finishing oh and Andersen is likely gone too.

happy to know guys like Robertson, Amirov, Brooks SDA are nearing their NHL career kickoff.

Fingers crossed the right mix of random bottom 6 forwards this upcoming season (all they can afford) will provide the secondary scoring and grit combo the team actually needs to push through.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think rebooting the staff is the way to go. Get out there and get Gallant or Boudreau. The pieces are there for the Leafs and moving a 24 year old 90 point player is not the answer.

The inability of the staff to adapt and the team's performance in series clinching games is more than a plausible excuse to cut bait.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don’t follow the Leafs as close as Leaf Nation and the media. Matthews, Marner, JT, Nylander is a very good core group. No questioning their talent. I’d like to think there are 30 other NHL cities who would be happy with that core.
    Talk of trading a core player or blowing it all up is rash in my opinion. Especially when you consider what NHL players on a whole have been through, covid , bubble playoffs, reduced and condensed season, etc. All are going to have an impact.
    Having the young core (aside from JT) mature and learn to play with more intensity wouldn’t hurt.
    Money aside ( easy to say) with a few changes to the balance of the roster and perhaps a new voice behind the bench, one that can motivate, get them playing as a team rather than individuals , and has the wherewithal to make in game changes, there’s no reason they couldn’t make a decent playoff run next season. Just my two cents.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really don’t understand the cash consideration here on the Marner thing, unless Leafs fans are comfortable with their team not spending to the cap. If they trade Marner for cash reasons they’re still spending that cash on other players. I think Rogers/MLSE is doing just fine financially.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I don’t follow the Leafs as close as Leaf Nation and the media. Matthews, Marner, JT, Nylander is a very good core group. No questioning their talent. I’d like to think there are 30 other NHL cities who would be happy with that core.
    Talk of trading a core player or blowing it all up is rash in my opinion. Especially when you consider what NHL players on a whole have been through, covid , bubble playoffs, reduced and condensed season, etc. All are going to have an impact.
    Having the young core (aside from JT) mature and learn to play with more intensity wouldn’t hurt.
    Money aside ( easy to say) with a few changes to the balance of the roster and perhaps a new voice behind the bench, one that can motivate, get them playing as a team rather than individuals , and has the wherewithal to make in game changes, there’s no reason they couldn’t make a decent playoff run next season. Just my two cents.
    That last part feels like a post from 2018-present. Still waiting for that “decent” playoff run. Patience is a virtue, but for Leaf fans it’s a kick in the nuts.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent