Page 303 of 412 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 313 353 403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Right now you can't trade for Domi. You can trade for the rights to negotiate exclusively for him, unless Montreal extends him first, which I would doubt happens without an overpay, like your offer.

You can likely get those rights for a 3rd or maybe a 4th.
    There's a little more to it than that, because in acquiring his rights, you would also get the pick compensation if he was to sign elsewhere. So MTL has no reason to trade him for picks. If they wanted to do that they would leave him to sign somewhere and not match the offer.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Since we're talking about the types of players the Leafs could use next season in their bottom 6

Egor Korshkov scored 2 and added an assist in Lokomotiv's rout of Spartak in their season opener today. He's expected to return from his KHL "loan" for training camp and could secure a spot on the Leafs' 4th line.

https://twitter.com/RUSProspects/sta...01448959135747

https://twitter.com/khl_eng/status/1...86754592485376

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Fair points for sure.

I would still make the call, or send the text, and see what could transpire. If too many teams are calling and the price is too high, end of story. But if he can be had cheaply, I would find room for him.
    Yup. Domi will help what ales the Leafs. SMH. DUBAS knows what he needs to do and adding little Domi is not it, just putting off the inevitable. This move would be nothing more than a step back... financially and on the ice. I love the Maroon example though. THAT is a positive and cheap move for a guy that can do more of that the leafs need up front than what Domi would. He’ll always bi Tie’s son in Toronto. Too much pressure.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maroon is on the wrong side of 30 and can't skate anymore, in a league that is getting faster and faster.
    Yeah, THAT is what the Leafs need. Fill your boots.

giphy.gif

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    There's a little more to it than that, because in acquiring his rights, you would also get the pick compensation if he was to sign elsewhere. So MTL has no reason to trade him for picks. If they wanted to do that they would leave him to sign somewhere and not match the offer.
    Maybe, but maybe not. Here is the Kevin Hayes transaction sending his rights to the Flyers last year:

June 3, 2019: Traded to Philadelphia by Winnipeg for Philadelphia's 5th round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.

I think getting signing rights for just a pick is reasonable, and a 5th for Hayes, who certainly would be more sought after than Domi, means that 3rd/4th price might be reasonable. Unless the rules have changed since last year, which they may have, and I missed it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Maroon is on the wrong side of 30 and can't skate anymore, in a league that is getting faster and faster.
    Yeah, THAT is what the Leafs need. Fill your boots.

giphy.gif
    Maroon was never a fast skater but he's a capable skater. He wouldn't hurt the Leafs bottom six and would bring more of what they lack; grit and leadership. He's also experienced and a Cup winner. Again, more of what the Leafs could use, especially in the playoffs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Speed on your 4th line is just an odd spot in the NHL. As long as your 4th line moves as a unit, it doesn't need to be quick. It just needs to move together. There's nothing worse than having McDavid fly into the zone than have to wait 5s for Lucic to catch up.

Maroon on the Leafs bottom line with Spezza+ someone else would be a fit.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

I cancelled my Athletic subscription so I can't see the article that they recently posted, but I'm glad others are asking the same question about Max.

MaxDomiAFit.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Someone may have asked it but Mirtle's answer was a resounding no

...Domi’s offensive numbers have kind of jumped around so far in his career, but I think he’s basically what you saw this season. A 15 to 20 goal man, who can chip in 30 assists, and has some defensive deficiencies in his game.

...That said, Domi, to me, doesn’t really fit the model of what the Leafs need right now. And I’d be concerned he would cost too much, both in a trade and on a new deal, potentially in arbitration. He would also likely give them an offence-first forward who didn’t pay enough attention to what was happening in his own end of the rink.

Still not inconceivable by any means though.

The Great One

Sounds like the Leafs are targeting "Grit" and "Truculence" this off season. That's got success written all over it...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/20...o-play-against
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Maybe, but maybe not. Here is the Kevin Hayes transaction sending his rights to the Flyers last year:

June 3, 2019: Traded to Philadelphia by Winnipeg for Philadelphia's 5th round pick in 2019 NHL Draft.

I think getting signing rights for just a pick is reasonable, and a 5th for Hayes, who certainly would be more sought after than Domi, means that 3rd/4th price might be reasonable. Unless the rules have changed since last year, which they may have, and I missed it.
    Hayes was UFA last year. Bit different than Domi who is under team control.

Domi's qualifying offer is for $2.9 and of course he is looking for more. Even at $2.9, the compensation is a 2nd round pick. So why would a 3rd/4th be enough for the Habs to move him?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Credit where it's due - kudos to Kyle Dubas for bringing back Spezza. Impossible to find better value than him centering your 4th line.

Dobber Sports Titan

Wonder if the Leafs use the pick, or trade it. Still about 5hrs before the draft, prolly 5.5-5.75hrs before they pick.

Dobber Sports Titan

Leafs trade 44th overall for Ottawa's 59th+64th

Dobber Sports Titan

Leafs announce Dermott and Mikheyev have been qualified. What wasn't mentioned was Gauthier, Bracco, and Veronneau. The era of Gauthier is over.