Page 259 of 414 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 269 309 359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

How bad of an idea would it be to grab Jarry or Comrie off waivers and see how that goes? They're unproven but have potential and both only make around $700k next season. If it doesn't pan out they can go back to Hutch.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    How bad of an idea would it be to grab Jarry or Comrie off waivers and see how that goes? They're unproven but have potential and both only make around $700k next season. If it doesn't pan out they can go back to Hutch.
    If either goes on waivers and makes it all the way to the Leafs (unlikely) then they would be a great add. But I think a trade is more likely.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Can they fit Domingue's $1.15M?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Can they fit Domingue's $1.15M?
    Unless they only want to ice a 19 man roster, I think it's a no.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Considering they gotta figure out how to bring back Dermott and Hyman in like 6 weeks, I feel like Domingue is not on their radar yet. They already figured out though how to bring them back...but still.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

LTIR affects these contracts as well as Horton & Clarkson. Cap friendly shows Dermott & Hyman on LTIR already
    This is why they brought in Neuvirth with Hutchinson
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    LTIR affects these contracts as well as Horton & Clarkson. Cap friendly shows Dermott & Hyman on LTIR already
    This is why they brought in Neuvirth with Hutchinson
    Technically they're still all "IR". CapFriendly is just projecting their dollar figures to hit LTIR. They haven't executed the large number of moves they gotta do.

I started trying to navigate a way for the Leafs to move people down to the minors, then LTIR people and what not. But like...being at $94,865,199 Cap total, I can ONLY see Off-season LTIR for all 4 players. Even though all 4 players cap total is 13.663mill, and the Leafs are 13.365 over the cap, they'd be sitting at $0 cap space.

I don't know what's gonna happen when they need to bring Hyman back. Dermott is easier as the Leafs could just waive Holl+Marincin and probably be fine. It's the 2.25mill Hyman I don't see how they can manipulate the cap to get him back in the lineup.

I'm excited to actually see how they tip toe around this.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This current cap squeeze makes the Ceci signing all the more peculiar. I still don't get what they were thinking there. Plug in Liljgren instead. Then bringing back Hyman and Dermott in November without a problem.

Dobber Sports Titan

Aj-Matthews-Nylander
    Hyman-JT-Marner
    Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Kapanen
    Spezza-Shore-Moore

Rielly-Ceci
    Muzzin-Barrie
    Dermott-Harpur

Andersen-Hutch

Forwards – 55.989366
    Defense – 17.838333
    Goalies – 5.7
    Kessel – 1.20
    Total – 80.727699
    Space – 0.772301

20 man roster, no healthy scratches.

Oddmen out:
    Petan, Agostino, Holl, Marincin, Schmaltz

How they get there...Lot of pre-season evaluating. They can get up to 0.797301mill in space if they have Dermott-Schmaltz as their 3rd line pairing too. The bonus of this yr and the contracts though. Not one Leaf in that lineup have performance bonuses. The main guy that has a performance bonus in the Minors that is quite a lot...Liljegren with $400k/yr.

Dobber Sports Titan

Also to note, I wonder if the Leafs will be using a waiver eligible player like Mihkeyev, Sandin, Lilj, or Bracco to bounce from AHL to NHL as much as he contractually can to get as many dollars out of the cap space possible. Just a pure paperwork move.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Also to note, I wonder if the Leafs will be using a waiver eligible player like Mihkeyev, Sandin, Lilj, or Bracco to bounce from AHL to NHL as much as he contractually can to get as many dollars out of the cap space possible. Just a pure paperwork move.
    I don't think that will matter with them using the LTIR anyways.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think that will matter with them using the LTIR anyways.
    It would be to bump their cap space up for any trade deadline deal. Or at least give them the option.

Dobber Sports Titan

It would be to bump their cap space up for any trade deadline deal. Or at least give them the option.
    If I'm understanding things correctly, they won't have any deadline cap space to accrue. IT will just be as long as they're under the cap when the LTIR contracts are taken out of the count.

Because the LTIR makes sure that you fill up to the brim of the cap ($81.5M), regardless of if you're $5, $500,000, or $5,000,000 under the cap when LTIR #s are ignored, you won't actually accrue space.
    It's tough to explain without going into a full rant, but does that make sense?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Technically they're still all "IR". CapFriendly is just projecting their dollar figures to hit LTIR. They haven't executed the large number of moves they gotta do.

I started trying to navigate a way for the Leafs to move people down to the minors, then LTIR people and what not. But like...being at $94,865,199 Cap total, I can ONLY see Off-season LTIR for all 4 players. Even though all 4 players cap total is 13.663mill, and the Leafs are 13.365 over the cap, they'd be sitting at $0 cap space.

I don't know what's gonna happen when they need to bring Hyman back. Dermott is easier as the Leafs could just waive Holl+Marincin and probably be fine. It's the 2.25mill Hyman I don't see how they can manipulate the cap to get him back in the lineup.

I'm excited to actually see how they tip toe around this.
    You know that when a player goes on LTIR for part of the season - a portion of their salary remains on LTIR for the duration of the season, even when said player is activated. The longer Hyman is on LTIR the more cap space the leafs will have once activated.

I'm not crunching numbers or anything, but his salary is 2.250m. Say he misses 15 games - they get something 700k in salary cap relief. If he misses 20 games they get something 850k in cap relief. Again, making numbers up but that's roughly how it works.

LTIR at the beginning of the season is more valuable than at the end of the season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh I know the LTIR rules to a point of talking about them. But I tend to mix up my thoughts on them, so I apologize.

Using LTIR is better than Off-season LTIR (OSLTIR).

- So in the off-season the teams are allowed to go 10% over the cap for a total of $89,650,000
    - Leafs are at $94,865,199, so like 16.4% over the cap
    - So they've utilized "off-season LTIR" to be able to do this most likely right?
    - They're $5,215,199 over the 10% off-season cap relief. They move Clarkson ($5,250,000) onto OSLTIR. Leafs are 10% plus cap compliant
    - They sit at $89,650,000 now. $8,150,000 over the cap. To be regular season cap compliant, you need to under the cap upper limit before placing ppl on "LTIR". Leafs need to get under $81,500,000.
    - They waive Petan ($775,000), Agostino ($737,500), Marincin ($700,000), and Harpur ($725,000). Leafs sit at $86,712,500, or $5,212,500 over the cap.
    - They move Horton ($5,300,000) onto OSLTIR. Leafs sit at $0 cap space with Hyman ($2,250,000), and Dermott ($863,333) on IR and the team roster (counting towards the cap still).
    - Leafs LTIR Hyman+Dermott to get to$3,113,333 cap space.

Leafs bring up whoever they want for 15-20games until Hyman and Dermott come back. If they are away from the team for 15 games, they waive who they brought up the first time and activate Hyman and Dermott, they'd have ~$569,512 in cap space.

Or is my thought pattern wrong? It's completely different final numbers than my last page example lol. The cap rules are fun...ish.