Page 247 of 414 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 257 297 347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    And you honestly think this would't make Toronto a better team? I've heard this Karlsson character is a pretty good offensive defenceman and he's right handed ta boot. exactly what the leafs need to get over the hump no? EK's a savior.
    No, I don't think he makes Toronto a better team.

The Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL aren't playing fantasy hockey. In case you haven't noticed, offense isn't their issue so bringing in another offensive Dman does little to solve their problems, no matter what hand he shoots. I think most would agree that the Leafs biggest issue is the fact that they don't have actual DEFENSEMEN, not offensive players. If they Leafs are actually going to get better, they need to keep the puck out, not worry about how many they score. They are already set in that regard.

But hey, keep bringing in more players that doesn't solve their problems, wasting more cap space to do it. That will sell more tickets while other teams are bringing in players to win the Stanley Cup.

Im not saying Karlsson isn't a good player. Im saying he's exactly what the Leafs don't need to change their fortunes, and losing Marner to boot.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Big Daddy

Pretty sure Marner himself, or his agent for that matter, have not spoken a single word to the media saying what he does and doesn’t want this offseason. So how do people suddenly just know what he wants? Because a reported with a somewhat tarnished reputation lately said so on the radio? I don’t buy what Dreger is feeding listeners. He hasn’t had any accurate news of significance in a few years. He may as well start a blog with that Howard Berger fellow. Are do we have another board member is friends with Mitch’s second cousin’s girlfriends dog?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Pretty sure Marner himself, or his agent for that matter, have not spoken a single word to the media saying what he does and doesn’t want this offseason. So how do people suddenly just know what he wants? Because a reported with a somewhat tarnished reputation lately said so on the radio? I don’t buy what Dreger is feeding listeners. He hasn’t had any accurate news of significance in a few years. He may as well start a blog with that Howard Berger fellow. Are do we have another board member is friends with Mitch’s second cousin’s girlfriends dog?
    Silence is a deadly weapon to the media
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    The main purpose is to get people to react and consume the content. So from that end it worked on you.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Big Daddy

Reacting in a way that thinking it is a bullshit report isn’t very effective. It’d be different if i believed any word Dreger said.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No, I don't think he makes Toronto a better team.

The Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL aren't playing fantasy hockey. In case you haven't noticed, offense isn't their issue so bringing in another offensive Dman does little to solve their problems, no matter what hand he shoots. I think most would agree that the Leafs biggest issue is the fact that they don't have actual DEFENSEMEN, not offensive players. If they Leafs are actually going to get better, they need to keep the puck out, not worry about how many they score. They are already set in that regard.

But hey, keep bringing in more players that doesn't solve their problems, wasting more cap space to do it. That will sell more tickets while other teams are bringing in players to win the Stanley Cup.

Im not saying Karlsson isn't a good player. Im saying he's exactly what the Leafs don't need to change their fortunes, and losing Marner to boot.

I think my intended sarcasm was lost. Never mind. Erik Karlsson failed to stand out in San Jose this year (injury had lots to do with that and playing 2nd fiddle to Burns perhaps as well). Karlsson most definitely would do so (Stand out) more in Toronto but all they'd be doing is shifting an offensive minded player (albeit ELITE in both cases) from the RW to the Right Side D. Definitely would make the Toronto blue line more lethal offensively and perhaps shift the scoring balance slightly, but in the end lots of steps but not necessarily in a forward fashion. And not what the Leafs should be spending Marner style money on.

There are few teams where the addition of Karlsson would NOT make the team better, however, at what cost.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, sarcasm isn't easy to read/see through a monitor.

Either way, I don't think he makes this team much better and there's better way for the Leafs to spend their cap if they truly want to move forward and deeper into the playoffs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Bob McKenzie✔@TSNBobMcKenzie

MIN and TOR have a trade for the rights to unsigned junior Fedor Gordeev, who goes back into the draft if not signed before June 1. 7th round pick if he signs in MIN. Which is fully expected to happen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Better to get something than nothing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I know nothing about the player so can't really tell if it's a good move or not. It would seem Minny likes him and thinks another team would re-draft him.

Big Daddy

A Lou pick that was heavily criticized by the Leafs analytic community portion of the fan base. Not surprising Dubas doesn’t see a fit for him in the organization.

Dobber Sports Titan

I saw a couple OHL games he was playing in, and never really stood out for making the right plays. Seemed a little behind most of when I was watching him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Seems a bit odd for a 5th round pick to be so heavily criticized. I mean, the vast majority turn into nothing anyway. It's not surprising for a big body to not look good in analytics on draft day. They usually peak later.

Dobber Sports Titan

was on a terrible Flint team, moved to Guelph Storm, ended up being like +21. He could be a 5/6/7 d-man in the NHL. Leafs prospects on D are pretty filled.

Better to get a 7th for him if you aren't signing him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Seems a bit odd for a 5th round pick to be so heavily criticized.
    Dude, it’s the friggen Leafs.