Page 246 of 414 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 256 296 346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

This is just posturing in negotiations. Party A says one thing, Party B vows to do the opposite.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

After mulling this over. Is this going to be the new way these high end RFA talents attack their first contract? If Marner isn't signed July 1st (June 26th he can talk to teams), is he going to be the only one that's going this route?

Off the wall thinking. How about Team A signs Marner for like 11.5mill, Toronto receives 4 1st round picks. Would you then turn around if you're the Leafs to go after another RFA (Aho, Point, Rantanan, Tkachuk) for less than 11.5mill.

In theory you would be giving away just the same amount of picks, saving prolly a mill or two, and there's a higher chance that the picks received from Marner would be better picks than those given away from the Leafs.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    In theory you would be giving away just the same amount of picks, saving prolly a mill or two, and there's a higher chance that the picks received from Marner would be better picks than those given away from the Leafs.
    You're also assuming the other teams choose not to match

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You're also assuming the other teams choose not to match
    Yes, also assuming Toronto doesn't choose to match the Marner contract.

Also assuming Marner signs elsewhere.
    Also assuming Marner isn't traded before hand.
    Also assuming all these teams have their own first round picks to giveaway.

Lots of assumptions.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    After mulling this over. Is this going to be the new way these high end RFA talents attack their first contract? If Marner isn't signed July 1st (June 26th he can talk to teams), is he going to be the only one that's going this route?

Off the wall thinking. How about Team A signs Marner for like 11.5mill, Toronto receives 4 1st round picks. Would you then turn around if you're the Leafs to go after another RFA (Aho, Point, Rantanan, Tkachuk) for less than 11.5mill.

Doubt it. Leafs are not in a place to play Cap Space wars with anyone at this point. Even if Marner signs elsewhere, I'm guessing they promote from within (cause they can) and direct that money that WOULD have been spent on Marner's HUGE contract toward needed aspects (Defence primarily). Then pocket those 1st round picks and continue to be a juggernaut for years to come.

Hate to see Marner go, and I doubt he does, but really... the only way the Leafs DON'T match would be a scenario where the offer sheet will net them those 4 1st round picks IMO. leverage Nylander and Hymann, keep Brown, promote Bracco/Moore maybe Ennis on a team friendly contract and go grab that big D that they so much need.

Big Daddy

I still don’t expect an offer sheet. A team isn’t going to offer him $11M AND give up four 1st round picks in the process. Not only that, but I heard this on a recent podcast. I believe it was the Tape to Tape podcast and I maybe screwing this up but it was something along the lines of....

If a team successfully signs an RFA via an offer sheet and the term is 7 years, the cap hit would be calculated as a 5 year contract term, meaning the cap hit would be even higher than it actually is. Did anyone else hear this or know the rules and could do a better job explaining it?

Dobber Sports Jedi

so Marner signs an offer sheet... Leafs get 4 1sts and have the cash to go sign Erik Karlsson... hmmm........
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    so Marner signs an offer sheet... Leafs get 4 1sts and have the cash to go sign Erik Karlsson... hmmm........
    And you honestly think this makes Toronto a better team if this were to happen?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Karlsson would likely miss the next game 7 loss to Boston due to injury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I still don’t expect an offer sheet. A team isn’t going to offer him $11M AND give up four 1st round picks in the process. Not only that, but I heard this on a recent podcast. I believe it was the Tape to Tape podcast and I maybe screwing this up but it was something along the lines of....

If a team successfully signs an RFA via an offer sheet and the term is 7 years, the cap hit would be calculated as a 5 year contract term, meaning the cap hit would be even higher than it actually is. Did anyone else hear this or know the rules and could do a better job explaining it?
    No idea, but even so, just sign him at 5 years. Can't imagine Marner would have a problem with that. He'd be 27, hitting UFA, and by that time probably demand $100,000,000 on the open market.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post

if he was offer sheeted 84 mil over 7 years = 12 m per but they would divide it by 5 years to get the draft pick compensation number utilized (16.8) so it would easily surpass the 4 1st rounder scale .No idea if team giving said offer sheet will have a 16.8 AAV cap hit throughout contract though so thats a good question .

Dobber Sports Novice

Marner wants Patrick Kane money. He doesn't particularly like Mike Babcock and is hoping he gets a healthy offer sheet. He is more than willing to play for another team outside of the Leafs. The Leafs want Marner to give them a home discount because they think he wants to stay in Toronto; which he does but is more than willing to play somewhere else. 10.5 million gets him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't think my post made any suggestion at all of whether it would make Tor better or worse.

Just connected one possible dot to a second available dot.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Fly13 View Post
    Marner wants Patrick Kane money. He doesn't particularly like Mike Babcock and is hoping he gets a healthy offer sheet. He is more than willing to play for another team outside of the Leafs. The Leafs want Marner to give them a home discount because they think he wants to stay in Toronto; which he does but is more than willing to play somewhere else. 10.5 million gets him.
    NEWS FLASH... apparently Mitch Marner himself is on this thread disguised as "FLY13"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And you honestly think this would't make Toronto a better team? I've heard this Karlsson character is a pretty good offensive defenceman and he's right handed ta boot. exactly what the leafs need to get over the hump no? EK's a savior.