Page 240 of 414 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Yes, I read this online. I am assuming then that this is the first you have heard of it. As per the link, I guess it was Dreger who was saying he turned it down.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/artic...14825_28985609

The Toronto Maple Leafs are heading into quite the summer in terms of contract negotiations, with Mitch Marner set to be “priority one” over the next few months. Beyond their young star though there are several other players who need new deals including Kasperi Kapanen and Andreas Johnsson. The latter of the two is eligible for arbitration since he is already 24 years old, and apparently has already turned down multi-year extension offers from the Maple Leafs. Darren Dreger was on TSN radio this morning speaking about the cap crunch that Toronto will be facing, and indicated that the team had offered Johnsson a two-year deal worth $4.2M (total) and a four-year deal worth $10.4M at the trade deadline.

As I say, I was wondering if anyone else heard about this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yes, I read this online. I am assuming then that this is the first you have heard of it. As per the link, I guess it was Dreger who was saying he turned it down.

I heard about one rejected deal mid-season. Jan or Feb. He had taken that insanely cheap 1yr 2-way deal this season betting on himself to perform.

He did.
    It was said then that he's not wanting another below market deal. He wants to get paid. Whether that's a 2yr bridge over 3m, or wanting a long term deal I'm not sure. But If he signs guaranteed that 2yr deal is a bare min 5-point something, if not over six.

Kapanen seems content to take the bridge from what I read this season... Johnsson is the one teams should target this off season with an offer sheet. He'll sign it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

yes, this was the first that I had heard of it. Thanks for providing the deets.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm looking at a spreadsheet for the Leafs 19/20 cap situation. This is going to be fascinating to see how Dubas chooses to handle this.
    If I'm him, I am probably a little annoyed at Lou right now.
    Despite all the good he did during his short stay, Lou's biggest legacy might be that he left behind two very large cap headaches which simply must go away somehow: Marleau and Zaitsev.
    Even if by some miracle, they can convince Marner to take under 10, there still isn't anywhere near enough space to sign Johnsson, Kapanen and find a replacement for Gardiner.
    Oh, and Marleau can't be bought out, nor can he be traded.

The only hope they have is that Marleau agrees to waive his NMC and another team agrees to acquire him. Both highly unlikely.
    But let's say Marleau is ok with leaving - I'd offer someone him, Connor Brown and a 1st round pick for a future 2nd round pick. They need that cap space desperately. And a deal like that one might allow them to keep both Kapanen and Johnsson.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Marleau contract always seemed one year too long. Especially when you consider the names they knew they needed to sign.

Though, I'm not sure they expected this kind of season out of Marner... or the signing of Tavares for that matter.

Administrator

#robidasisland

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Have the Marlies lost a playoff game yet?

Hello Keefe

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Have the Marlies lost a playoff game yet?

Hello Keefe
    Nadda....

7-0... 6-2 thrashing of the Cleveland Monsters to wrap up the sweep

Kaskisuo has been a big reason why.

7-0 1.59GAA .949 SVPCT.

compared to

3.07 & .896 during the regular season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Who backs up Andersen next year? And who from the Marlies works their way into the big club next year (I assume Moore is a fixture next year).

Administrator

My crazy guess with zero thought put into the greater context of the team and cap: Curtis McElhinney.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Who backs up Andersen next year? And who from the Marlies works their way into the big club next year (I assume Moore is a fixture next year).
    Sparks will get the early nod. Woll will steal the starting gig from Kaskisuo and is pegs to be the future #1 in Tor.

Moore, Rosen are as close to promotion locks as they have

Bracco, he had a great year, but doesn't play his own end, he disappears on the blue line. They need to use his 2nd in AHL scoring as trade bait in a package deal to get what they need for the big club. He just doesn't play a 3-zone game that the NHL zone requires. I worry he becomes Tor's version of Goldobin... just with more real talent.

Sandin is the one that I think will leapfrog and make the jump. He's got the head for the NHL. They're just going to make sure he's ready.

Borgman is another that could take a 6/7 role next year.

Marchment I can see getting some 4th line call ups. Same with Engvall

Timashov will get at least another year... maybe a cup of coffee if he plays well and injuries fall his way.

Then you look at their two signings this past week, Mikheylov & Kivihalme and some of these kids just got pushed down the depth charts a notch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dermott out at least 6 months, shoulder surgery tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Deity

John Tavares coming home from Team Canada with an oblique injury as well. Not sure on the severity.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My crazy guess with zero thought put into the greater context of the team and cap: Curtis McElhinney.
    putting cap into context, I think he has now priced himself out of Tor. probably the #1 sought after back up for next season

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Dermott out at least 6 months, shoulder surgery tomorrow.
    Son of a....

Can I still keep him? Argh.