Page 239 of 414 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 249 289 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Was he held back while deserving to play more or is there a valid reason why he didn't get more minutes?
    Lokamotiv doesn't normally play young players in prominent roles. Most of 9/10 top scorers are over 27. Ivanov with 15pts in 58gp was 8th, at 20. So not a deep scoring team either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I always figured it's cause the KHL has a weird hierarchy where it takes a while to get into the good books, and it's even harder if they think you may leave for the NHL.
    This is a long held theory, but then there are players like Kaprizov, Panarin, Tarasenko etc that show that it's not a hard rule.

I don't have any misconceptions that he'll become a top 6 forward. But if he can use his size and provide solid 3rd line production in a couple years. I'll take it.

The Leafs really could have shot higher on this pick. I mean, Kyrou went at 35 and DeBrincat went at 39. Hmm...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

I love how Mikheyev is "somewhere between Panarin and Lindholm" when he's nowhere near Panarin so we can throw that out the window.
    This stood out to me too. I figured it was just a joke, because it sounds ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Jedi

basically puts him between a 30pt 2-way, 4th line C and a 90pt elite winger. man... 98% of the NHL fits that

Administrator

I'm told Jack Hughes is somewhere between Parros and Gretzky.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm told Jack Hughes is somewhere between Parros and Gretzky.
    Pretty much guarantees Hughes will have to fight 3 times in his career. Not sure he fits in there.. lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Pretty much guarantees Hughes will have to fight 3 times in his career. Not sure he fits in there.. lol
    One of those fights will be against Ovechkin in the obligatory rookie beat-up session.

Dobber Sports Titan

One of those fights will be against Ovechkin in the obligatory rookie beat-up session.
    Game 1 he plays vs Boston, absolutely obliterates Marchand. Becomes instant hero.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Babcock is confirmed to be back as coach

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yes.

Signed every leaf-hater.

Dobber Sports Icon

I want to bet every Leaf fan upset about this signing that Babcock will lead the Leafs to the Stanley Cup next year.

If I win... you aren’t allowed to watch any of the games in the Final.

If I lose... well... I still win because it means another year of Leafs futility. But feel free to name your terms

Big Daddy

Babcock is confirmed to be back as coach
    To me this says that it was a Shanahan decision. Why else would it take so long to give Mike that vote of confidence? Dubas likely pushed for his removal but Shanny wants to give him one more year. Who knows, maybe I’m completely off but it makes sense to me.

What will be interesting to see is where Keefe ends up next season. If he is the Leafs new assistant than the writing is on the wall for Babcock - win or your gone.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    To me this says that it was a Shanahan decision. Why else would it take so long to give Mike that vote of confidence? Dubas likely pushed for his removal but Shanny wants to give him one more year. Who knows, maybe I’m completely off but it makes sense to me.

What will be interesting to see is where Keefe ends up next season. If he is the Leafs new assistant than the writing is on the wall for Babcock - win or your gone.
    It's been two weeks since they were eliminated. It's the first week of May. I don't think he waited very long at all.

Dubas can't come out on the first day of media speculation and give him a vote of confidence... that would just blow wind on the fire.

Ilya Mikheylev signing was due in large part to Babcock's recruiting last summer face to face. This is a Dubas decision to keep Babs. At worst, a joint decision.

no one expected Babcock to get fired this summer.

Now next year, if they lose 1st round again. The story likely has a different ending.

Dubas has put a lot on himself for this summer with his comments about what needs to be done to push this team over the hump

Big Daddy

From earlier today, Leafs sign American/Finnish D-man Teemu Kivihalme. From the Leafs official website....

Kivihalme, 23, spent the 2018-19 season with Karpat of Finland's Liiga. In 60 games during the 2018-19 season, Kivihalme recorded nine goals and 21 assists for 30 points, which ranked ninth among Liiga defencemen in scoring. He added nine points (4 goals, 5 assists) in 16 playoff games, which was the third highest point total among Liiga defencemen in the postseason. In Champions League play during 2018-19, Kivihalme recorded five points (2-3-5) in 10 games. Over two Liiga seasons, Kivihalme recorded 50 points (13 goals, 37 assists) in 104 career games, while adding nine points (4 goals, 5 assists) in 34 playoff games, capturing the Liiga championship in 2017-18 and collecting a silver medal in 2018-19.

Kivihalme was originally selected by the Nashville Predators in the fifth round (140th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft. Prior to joining Karpat, he played at Colorado College (NCAA) for three seasons, recording 36 points (10 goals, 26 assists) in 107 career NCAA games.

Dobber Sports Deity

Did anyone else read/hear about Johnsson turning down two different contract extension offers from the Leafs? I heard they offered him a 2yr deal for $2.1M and a four year deal worth $2.6M and he declined both.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Did anyone else read/hear about Johnsson turning down two different contract extension offers from the Leafs? I heard they offered him a 2yr deal for $2.1M and a four year deal worth $2.6M and he declined both.
    Are you insinuating that you yourself read/heard this? Source?