Page 216 of 414 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    As a Hutchinson owner, I'm very disappointed with the Leafs defensive zone coverage, especially on the first two goals against. All five guys were back, but it's like they didn't know who to cover. Minor hockey stuff. The third goal against was a weak one by Hutchinson, but again, they allowed the opposing defenseman to waltz well into the face off dot. Plus the turnovers were brutal. Maybe too much time spent working on their cellys over Christmas.

With defensive zone coverage woes and those turnovers, Toronto fans better get used to the idea of a first round playoff loss when power play opportunities dry up. Yeah, maybe Andersen can steal a round, but that is not a formula for success.
    don't watch many leafs games do ya? This is mandatory Leafs Defence right here. This goes back to Carlyle days
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    don't watch many leafs games do ya? This is mandatory Leafs Defence right here. This goes back to Carlyle days
    No, but I should watch more games...just when I'm not starting Hutchinson!! The offensive talent on this team is amazing, but I thought Super Coach was going to coach the hell out of this team. I can't even imagine practice tomorrow for the Leafs!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

God Tavares looked solid in the last 5 min; won 3 offensive zone faceoffs, took the punishment in front like a champ, and had a tip in front that almost got by dubs (who had to take a peek behind himself). Pure poise. Love owning this guy.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Administrator

Now all the kids go home sad

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

hutchinson did hutchinson things.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    God Tavares looked solid in the last 5 min; won 3 offensive zone faceoffs, took the punishment in front like a champ, and had a tip in front that almost got by dubs (who had to take a peek behind himself). Pure poise. Love owning this guy.
    And how is that not a penalty on Suter for cross-checking!? Typical NHL, wouldn't want to affect the game by calling the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    hutchinson did hutchinson things.
    I thought the guy did pretty well considering how shoddy the team was tonight defensively. Often, teams will rally around the new goalie and play better defensively...lol!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Typical NHL, wouldn't want to affect the game by calling the rules.
    Which in turn affects the game

Dobber Sports Sage

And how is that not a penalty on Suter for cross-checking!?
    Oh ya that was one hundred percent a missed call. Should have been a power play. Jt didn't whine or say a word, just won the next faceoff.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

1. Again the Leafs decide the last 10 minutes of the game is when they'll go hard.
    2. Again decided to blank on zone coverages. Forwards and Defense are to blame.
    3. Again the PP isn't adjusting to something else, instead they just flop Marner and Matthews for 30s of the PP to see what the PK does.
    4. I don't understand how any of the stuff that goes on in front of the net goes unpenalized. Yeah JT gets crosschecked, but that happens for all 60min of the game. What I don't get is how it's not interference. Randomly the refs call these penalties, randomly.

Back to the PP. It's crazy how obvious the PK plan is against the Leafs now. They just want to take away to middle pass. And because neither Rielly, Marner, or Matthews have a one-time threat, or even a slapshot threat, the PK can sit at the top of the circles, no one blocking Rielly's potential shot, and just wait for the board guys to get the puck. Once Marner gets it, they don't really engage, they take the cross ice pass away. Once Matthews has it, they make sure the shot isn't there, and if it isn't (blocked by the D), he curls towards the boards, back to the center of the ice, so when that happens the Forward engages to Matthews, he pops it to Rielly, who swings it to Marner, andddd the PK typically has reset by now to stop the cross ice pass.

The Leafs Forwards on the PP need more movement, movement by the players, not the puck. You can close your eyes and realize where everyone is. They really should flex JT to Marners spot randomly for the one-time threat, have Marner on the goal line, then Kadri net front. You flex those guys back and forth you'll get confusion at least.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Something is up in the Leafs goaltending carousel.

Andersen still on IR with a groin injury.
    Sparks is day-to-day with a concussion.
    Hutchinson available for tomorrow night.
    Kaskisuo sent down to AHL and travelling to Binghamton.

This leaves Hutchinson as the only body left in goal. So a few different scenarios here...

I don’t believe Andersen is able to come off IR yet so scratch him.

Sparks could be ready to return, this being the best case scenario.

Kaskisuo goes to Binghamton today and returns to the NHL tomorrow, this seems unlikely. Especially since Babcock said they would like to get him playing. I took this as Kaskisuo playing in the AHL, not NHL.

Maybe they claim Mike McKenna from Vancouver who was placed on waivers yesterday?

Or is there another trade in the works? Unlikely, but if this is the case, that would mean Andersen’s injury is much worse than original feared.

And apparently they called up some guy named Michael Garteig for today’s practice? This is according to the Pension Plan Puppets. Never heard of the guy but I wouldn’t expect to see him on the bench for tomorrow night’s game.

Will be an interesting morning practice today as well as the noon waiver wire. Stay tuned.

Dobber Sports Expert

McKenna being claimed seems likely.

Dobber Sports Expert

Especially condisering...

@kristen_shilton
    @kristen_shilton

Per #Leafs PR, Garret Sparks has a concussion

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    And apparently they called up some guy named Michael Garteig for today’s practice? This is according to the Pension Plan Puppets. Never heard of the guy but I wouldn’t expect to see him on the bench for tomorrow night’s game.
    Not sure who Michael Garteig is but PPP got it wrong (not surprising). It is Alex Fortinos in net for Leafs pracitce this morning. He is a York University student so he isn't an option for Saturday. Andersen is on the ice taking shots so that is good news. At this point I'd think Hutchinson starts and McKenna is claimed as tomorrow nights back-up before being put on waivers again? Who knows?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Big Daddy

So Philly claims McKenna as their 43rd goalie.

Administrator

They screwed over the Leafs again, just because they can